Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
May 23, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #31 of 616
Hi guys,
I received my Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro a week ago. They have 4 drivers now since a mid driver was added to them. I must say they sound absolutely fantastic. Strong bass, forward mids, bright detailed highs and a very wide soundstage. It's more like listening to a home audio system than to an IEM.
Heaven, that's how I would describe the experience.
I'll post pictures and a review as soon as I can and I'll try to be as objective as possible despite the emotion. Now, let the music fill my ears.
See you soon.

May 23, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #34 of 616
Quick update on pricing (all prices in RMB) for converting Shure E530 to custom molds:

Ear impressions 50 - 100
Full ear shell 600
The diy cable cost 160
Es3 cable 360
Ue11 cable 400 Detachable

Does anyone have any advice on cables?

TIA

May 24, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #35 of 616
I'd like to apologize for the delays. I'm just waiting to receive my NWZ-A826 Walkman so that I can have a decent source.
It's not a good idea to do it with a SoundBlaster Live is it?

May 24, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #37 of 616
OH yeah,.. just want to share my experience with contacting NullAudio. I sent three emails, asking the about the price (which is more than UM), and I asked about how they can upgrade with an additional driver (never got any response). Right now I am contacting UM and they are so much better with replies and the price is much fairer. After looking at the Null Audio site,.. I have a nagging suspicion that they probably outsource they service to UM or any other Chinese company and make a profit out of the price difference
frown.gif

May 24, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #38 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OH yeah,.. just want to share my experience with contacting NullAudio. I sent three emails, asking the about the price (which is more than UM), and I asked about how they can upgrade with an additional driver (never got any response). Right now I am contacting UM and they are so much better with replies and the price is much fairer. After looking at the Null Audio site,.. I have a nagging suspicion that they probably outsource they service to UM or any other Chinese company and make a profit out of the price difference
frown.gif

For those who already contact UM, The person who took care of my order is called Jun-Feng. He's very nice and I think he will help you greately, especially if you tell him that you come from Head-Fi and you know Bonem.

May 24, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #39 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by fungus amongus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to hear that man. I'll wait your review then.

BTW, what's the status on their english website?

It should be ready this week friend. I think it'll be possible to use Paypal and credit cards so the process will be much faster.

May 24, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #40 of 616
I'm more curious about their "aero" triple driver custom than I am about their re-casing service. Right now is torture because both the triple driver livewires as well as this new custom from China are available, but there isn't a single good review on either.

Both are said to be very good, but there aren't many specifics.

bonem, any info you could provide about price for the "aero" would be excellent.

-edit: $500 US? Wow...that is a lot of money before the cost of impressions...I'm surprised a bit.

May 24, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #42 of 616
I know it's said to be very good, but wow, $500 US for a pair of customs from China? That doesn't include impressions and shipping, either.

I guess I might sound a little bitter, because I am disappointed to hear it's that expensive. I shouldn't be, sgheadphones did mention it was half the cost of a UE10pro...

I don't understand why someone would spend $600 US (after impressions and shipping) instead of spending an extra $250 to get a pair of ES3X from WESTONE itself.

Really, really confusing to me...

The "aero" from UM would have to actually be better than the ES3X in sound quality for the difference in value that comes from having Westone's customer service and communication, willingness to do multiple re-casts if there is any problem, the fact they're in the US with a history in the music business, etc...

If they were to be reviewed as being better than the ES3X's, then I'd consider them. Not trying to be too critical of UM before it's warranted...but the livewires3 is starting to look a lot better...

May 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #44 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Head-Fier's,

As was mentioned earlier, a guy in China is able to put practically any pair of universal fit IEM into custom shells with detacheable cables, including the UE-11 and ES3 ones.
That's supposed to dramatically improve soundstage, fit and sound quality overall, and all that for an incredibly good price.
I should receive my custom TripleFi 10 in about 2 weeks, and then my custom SE530 two weeks later.
I will review them here on Head-Fi once I get them.

Custom-Shells-01.jpg

Custom-Shells-02.jpg

Hello, could you tell me what drivers are those in the top picture, the black translucent iem. Are those the tf10s with extra driver?
They look really nice with the drivers visible.
Thank you

May 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #45 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, could you tell me what drivers are those in the top picture, the black translucent iem. Are those the tf10s with extra driver?
They look really nice with the drivers visible.
Thank you

Hi aeoc,
The black ones are a reshell of ES3. TripleFi's drivers are arranged in a different way. I'll show you mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back