Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Apr 26, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #16 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be awesome
tongue.gif
Also, first customs to have an adjustable bass screw
wink.gif

I don't think that would be possible unless the custom shell had a ventilation system...

Apr 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that would be possible unless the custom shell had a ventilation system...

Then it will be the first one with a ventilation system
ph34r.gif
I'm not sure how it the air flows in, so meh.

May 12, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #18 of 616
What about UE's dual bore system? Wouldnt that be gotten rid of by putting the drivers into a custom shell? I'm interested to know what the trade off is.

You never mentioned exactly how much it cost you. Custom molds alone are already pretty pricey going for around 125 to begin with. (averysound & earplugstore)

Please keep us posted!

also, i'd personally be a little wary of sending my IEM's off to be taken apart and reassembled.

Though it doesnt mean im not intrigued to no end!! cant wait for your review

May 12, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #19 of 616
If the UM3X uses the same drivers as the ES3X (?), then this could be a way of potentially getting closer to the performance of the ES3X without the same cost.

Maybe this explains all of those "WTB: broken IEM's" in the FS section?

I'm intrigued.

May 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #23 of 616
They can do it on the triple.fi. UE11 for half the price. I really hope that it has 95% sound signature of the UE11, at least that's what indicated on their site
biggrin.gif

Eagerly waiting someone's review on this.

May 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #24 of 616
OK
I gonna answer some quistion posted before

price: in china to get ur se530 or triplefi-10 customized to ear ,it'll commonly cost u 600rmb(人民幣 = Ren Min Bi),that was almost 90 dollar

that customization business works pretty well

those links beneath is where u can get customization , not complete
רҵÒôÀÖ¶úÈû UM EAR MONITOR-MP3/MP4/iPod/¼Òô±Ê - ÌÔ±¦Íø
BK-¼ÒÓõçÆ÷/hifiÒôÏì/¶ú»ú - ÌÔ±¦Íø
ǧÒôµçÉù-¼ÒÓõçÆ÷/hifiÒôÏì/¶ú»ú - ÌÔ±¦Íø

May 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #26 of 616
I'm really curious about this, but it seems the information is sporadic and not very detailed.

One thing I noticed is that, if you aren't comfortable getting an IEM made custom, you can get a UM56 made for $45. If you could find a cheap place to get molds done, you could get a cheap UM56.

I would be curious whether someone who knows more about customs could elaborate on whether there is technical knowledge required in placing drivers, etc..or basically whether there's anything 'more' to the process of making a custom that someone doing it aftermarket like this could otherwise mess up...

May 19, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #28 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really curious about this, but it seems the information is sporadic and not very detailed.

One thing I noticed is that, if you aren't comfortable getting an IEM made custom, you can get a UM56 made for $45. If you could find a cheap place to get molds done, you could get a cheap UM56.

I would be curious whether someone who knows more about customs could elaborate on whether there is technical knowledge required in placing drivers, etc..or basically whether there's anything 'more' to the process of making a custom that someone doing it aftermarket like this could otherwise mess up...

I completely agree. I think everyone should be inquiring about the nature of these customizations before sending their IEMs to be dismantled and reconfigured.

May 21, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #30 of 616
Does anyone know where this store is located in China? Perhaps an e-mail address or phone number. I live in Beijing so if it's in the area I could actually check it out and report back. I'm looking to get custom cabling and IEMs for my Shure 530s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back