Custom IEMS UNAMPED
Sep 18, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #18 of 21
Personally I never liked Apple's sound quality...I heard their products many times, but the moment I heard the A844 by Sony, I bought it. The A844 simply had a MASSIVE sound stage, better details and instrument separation. Although the sound was thinner on the Sony, it just sounded more powerful than the iPod or iP4. The iPhone just seemed...weak, with a veiled sound.

Sep 18, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #19 of 21
disagree... the iPhone 4 headphone out sounds fine. you'll only end up adding noise to the signal if you amp it. 

Quote:
Even a $20 Fiio E6 is an improvement over the iPhone4. The biggest problem with the iPhone/iPod is the lousy low-frequency response - it simply can't provide the current needed to give the bass any real definition.

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #20 of 21
     Quote:
I run my customs unamped out of my sgs and they sound great. It's much better than any amped universal I've heard and I wouldn't hesitate to pick what I have now over an amped universal. I have an amp but don't wanna bother with the bulk and the fact that the sgs is also my phone so would be a hassle if I got a phone call but I didn't like the bulk when I had just a dap as well.

That's the worst thing of an amp, you loose 50% of portability.

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #21 of 21

Quote:
Even a $20 Fiio E6 is an improvement over the iPhone4. The biggest problem with the iPhone/iPod is the lousy low-frequency response - it simply can't provide the current needed to give the bass any real definition.

Um...no. I have an iPhone 4 AND a Fiio E6 looking at me right now. I tried the E6 with a LOD from the iPhone to my GR07...not worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back