Custom Cans Impressions Thread.
Jan 31, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #151 of 247
Belated update;

Got some nice Red Custom Cans cable for my Focal Elears.
196689B1-3E5C-4171-B35D-AD1F2353F925.jpeg
31016B6B-1FCB-4F9A-8BAD-58BB67C4F549.jpeg

Very pleased with them. Massive improvement from the stock cables, being nice, supple and soft. The plugs are decent and solid.

Burned them in for while and very pleased with the cable.

Would certainly get more if required.

DG…

Jan 31, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #152 of 247
Have to order a few cables myself; love the philosophy of the cable not altering the sound of the headphone. Especially for interconnects from DAC to amp!
Have to get a new amp first though.. decisions :frowning2: .. was easier being unemployed :)

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #155 of 247
Afternoon all. I'm wondering if anyone here has the RaveMaster V2 Cable on their HD25?
If so can I ask how the "microphonics" are?
Cheers.
The paracord is soft and helps a lot. I don't remember any microphonics in any of the cables or kits I bought from Custom Cans.

Feb 11, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #157 of 247
The classic….made even more classic….
B882D0EC-0B87-4CF1-976A-30EC9745C1EE.jpeg
….and with cabling, to boot! This is always in my listening rotation….🎼🙂🎶….(see ‘signature’).

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #161 of 247
Feb 18, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #162 of 247
Hey everyone!

I sent in my Beyerdynamic DT 1990 pro to Custom Cans this week to get them modded to balanced. I am super excited, and will wait sort of patiently... :beyersmile:

Feb 18, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #163 of 247
I sent in my Beyerdynamic DT 1990 pro to Custom Cans this week to get them modded to balanced. I am super excited, and will wait sort of patiently... :beyersmile:
Same here: Patiently waiting for my DT 1990 to arrive in a few weeks... :bride_with_veil: :sweat_smile:

But I ordered an already modified version directly from Custom Cans: :smile_phones:
  • Switchable Passive 8K Filter
  • Fit mass loading and damping kit
  • Convert Stock Cable
  • Balanced connection type 4.4mm TRRRS (Sony Style)

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #164 of 247
CustomCansMod.jpg

Here they are finally! What a nightmare having to deal with customs here in germany.. Custom Cans were actually done within a week, but oh well, customs needed something to do I guess.

FInally I can use my headphones with the DX320 in balanced mode:beyersmile: I also got the Mass loading and damping. The cable has a great build quality.
Since I was without the headphones for some weeks I can't really compare it with the stock sound out of memory reliably, though I do hear them to have a bit more depth, and maybe a better channel seperation. I absolutely love what I hear.

Kudos to Custom Cans!

Mar 16, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #165 of 247
Here they are finally! What a nightmare having to deal with customs here in germany.. Custom Cans were actually done within a week, but oh well, customs needed something to do I guess.

FInally I can use my headphones with the DX320 in balanced mode:beyersmile: I also got the Mass loading and damping. The cable has a great build quality.
Since I was without the headphones for some weeks I can't really compare it with the stock sound out of memory reliably, though I do hear them to have a bit more depth, and maybe a better channel seperation. I absolutely love what I hear.

Kudos to Custom Cans!
Looks very nice and improved sound via balanced connection is the expected bonus! 📢

I am still waiting for my above order - but given that you got your's already, I expect mine to come soon too! 🚚

Edit April, 6th: In the meantime I got my modified beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - but no time yet to test them... :L3000:
I will post a review as soon as I got some hands on on the new cans!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back