Custom Cans Impressions Thread.
Feb 23, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #76 of 246
Hi, @jfunk ! I have received your Ultra-low capacitance balanced cable with 4 pin XLR for Beyerdynamic T1 / T5P (Pono / XLR / A & K) cable and I only have one question: When I bought the cable, the photo on ebay showed two TRS mini jacks and you sent me with two TS mini jacks. Is there a difference in sound or performance between these two connections? The cable works fine with both the Focal Elegia (serial cable are two-TS) and the Sony MDR-Z7M2 (serial cable are two-TRS), but I have that doubt.

Thanks.

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #78 of 246
Hey, do custom cans mod fostex t50rp or t60?

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #79 of 246
After the stock cable for oppo pm-2’s gave in I ordered a replacement from custom cans. Cable looks great!
2A1D469D-062D-4B66-ADCC-F6522626087B.jpeg

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #80 of 246
After the stock cable for oppo pm-2’s gave in I ordered a replacement from custom cans. Cable looks great!
It sure does!

My favorite source for cables! Go Jason, go Jason... :)

Sep 16, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #84 of 246
EDAEAAD1-4559-4CE5-AB59-A6D6A61CDB9F.jpeg
I had a great experience with custom cans recently. Jason could not have been more communicative or nicer to deal with and he got my order out fast and at very reasonable cost to USA. I haven’t ordered cables from him (at least not yet), but I ordered the beautifully made and very effective copper weight mod for my HD600. Installation was intuitive and easy as pie - it took me <10 minutes including carefully removing the outer foam discs, which I had done some time ago. Most importantly, the sonic improvements made by adding the weights and removing the foam is substantial. More extended, tighter bass (the previous weak spot), gorgeous midrange (as always) and delicious treble (liquid and detailed with no hint of sibilance) are now all there in spades. I did add the all leather pads from new Fantasia which replace the inner foam with a built in nylon stocking as part of the mod, and the two seem to work together like magic. I’m not unhappy with the HD650 cable, so I didn’t order a new custom cans cable, but I would not hesitate to do so when the time comes. I am a very happy customer and I am once again in love with my custom cans modified HD600. Highly recommended!!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #85 of 246
Can somebody please advise?

I have Oppo PM-2 headphones, and a Sony NW-WM1A player.

I'm using a balanced cable to the 4.4mm balanced jack.

I got the cable from the US from LQi Cables.

One of the stereo channels keeps dropping, until I rotate the plug on the cable a few times.
It's really annoying and I want to get another cable.

Thing is, I don't know if it is the cable that is faulty, or the Sony player.

I know that if I order a cable from Custom Cans, it is custom made, so I cannot return it.

What do you think? Could it be the cable?

Attachments

• Sony.jpg
    Sony.jpg
    780.6 KB · Views: 0
Oct 9, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #87 of 246
Can somebody please advise?

I have Oppo PM-2 headphones, and a Sony NW-WM1A player.

I'm using a balanced cable to the 4.4mm balanced jack.

I got the cable from the US from LQi Cables.

One of the stereo channels keeps dropping, until I rotate the plug on the cable a few times.
It's really annoying and I want to get another cable.

Thing is, I don't know if it is the cable that is faulty, or the Sony player.

I know that if I order a cable from Custom Cans, it is custom made, so I cannot return it.

What do you think? Could it be the cable?
Sometimes the plugs themselves can get loose from twisting and just need to be screwed back together nice and tight.

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #90 of 246
Hey guys!

I'm selling off my HEKV2 (a perfectly functional headphone, but one that really just did nothing to make my heart tingle. Not to mention the build quality...) and had a hankering for my old 1990s before falling down the "what if they were balanced" hole. CustomCans clearly offers a great range of stuff at some very reasonable pricing - does anyone have any experience with the "mass loading and damping kit" specifically for the 1990s? Improved bass detail and soundstage sounds nice, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any anecdotal evidence to back these claims up - or warn me off if it ends up bloating the bass nastily or something.

Lusting for that German build quality again, with an English engineering flair :)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back