Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Apr 12, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #331 of 449
I use my Bax cables since long time and very happy, used them before with my Harmony 8 Pro, later upgrade to Harmony 8.2 and they are perfect even on daily use, great quality. Looking at the comments it seems the Bax cables have very different quality end control, very strange to me since I know others like me they never had any issuse with these type of cables.

Since the Bax cable has no 3.5 TRRS balanced jack as option, I addtional use an custom made cable for the Harmony 8.2, since this cable has a higher impedance as the Bax cable has, the sound signature is slighty altered too.

May 7, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #332 of 449
Upgrade complete. Went for a cleaner look this time. Thanks Piotr and team for the great job, the fit is perfect!

Sound-wise much to explore, but the mids are beautiful.

Harmony 8.2.jpg

May 8, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #333 of 449
Very nice @ezekiel77!

I like the solid white with transparent faceplates. One of the ideas I came up with for my Ei.3 was solid white with venomous green transparent faceplates and white CA-CA logo ("caca_white" in the designer). I think I spent way too much time with that designer... :wink:

May 8, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #334 of 449
I think I spent way too much time with that designer... :wink:

Thanks, I totally get that. I use the CustomArt designer when considering CIEMs from other brands too! BTW the solid white looks whiter than my photos. I think your design would look excellent.

Also, the CustomArt website has a small design guide for beginners. Very useful. CIEM Design 101!

https://thecustomart.com/iem-design-guide/

May 8, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #335 of 449
Thanks, I totally get that. I use the CustomArt designer when considering CIEMs from other brands too! BTW the solid white looks whiter than my photos. I think your design would look excellent.

Also, the CustomArt website has a small design guide for beginners. Very useful. CIEM Design 101!

I think Custom Art has done a really good job with their website when it comes to IEM designing. I found that guide too and when I was trying out my custom graphics design (the one I ended up getting) it was easy to play around with it. I found it so good that I even added a paragraph about it in my Ei.3 review.

May 8, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #336 of 449

I think Custom Art has done a really good job with their website when it comes to IEM designing. I found that guide too and when I was trying out my custom graphics design (the one I ended up getting) it was easy to play around with it. I found it so good that I even added a paragraph about it in my Ei.3 review.
Thank you guys! I appreciate that! I spent countless hours with our graphic designer and web administrator trying to pin every detail of that designer and make it as easy to use and intuitive as possible.

May 8, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #337 of 449
Thank you guys! I appreciate that! I spent countless hours with our graphic designer and web administrator trying to pin every detail of that designer and make it as easy to use and intuitive as possible.
Well, I should say... Job very well done!

May 23, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #339 of 449
From reading posts here, did I get it wrong that you can upgrade a Ei.XX to a 8.2? Do we need to contact Piotr directly for that?

May 23, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #340 of 449
Congrats on your purchase!
BTW is that cable Kumitate?

Yup, that's that Kumitate Lab Licht SPC cable. Sorry didn't reply earlier.

From reading posts here, did I get it wrong that you can upgrade a Ei.XX to a 8.2? Do we need to contact Piotr directly for that?

AFAIK you can only upgrade from the older Harmony 8 or 8 Pro to the current 8.2.

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #342 of 449
2j61uua.jpg

I have recently upgraded to 8.2 after experiencing problems with the previous model Harmony 8 Pro.
I received them the 21st of june, and they had about a 100 hours of burn-in.

I changed from silicone to acryllic, the fit is absolutely perfect and I think it's even better than my previous silicone fit funny enough.

2j61uua.jpg

o8ti5i.jpg

Sound:
Gear used for this mini-review: (Ipod Touch gen. 6, Mojo and Vorzuge Vorzamp Pure II, stock and Effect Audio Ares II cable)

There have been extensive and detailed reviews about this earphone, ofcourse sound can differ depending on source and such. The upper combination is one of the best mobile rigs I've heard to date,
the technical skills of the Mojo are well known and the Vorzuge likes more mid-centric ciems like the 8.2 while adding air and neutrality with an iron grip.

My personal experiences with the earphone equipped with stock cable have been mixed so far.
As many have said the upper mids and lower treble have been tuned to be inoffensive and easy listening.

With certain genres like electronical music this is disappointing since the energy there makes for a more lively experience, however this is due to personal preference.

After much contemplating and reading I pulled the trigger on the EA Ares II.
It is known to add more detail and clarity to the highs.
Six hours ago I installed the cable and listened to my first ciem upgrade cable.
I had the stock cable nearby to counter any newingitis.

It didn't take me long to realize that this cable brought a mild but effective upgrade to the sound, primarily in presentation and layering.
It reminded me a bit of the older 8 pro but with thicker and more musical notes especially in the mids. The highs have better presence now with more detail and space and the bass is more neutral and slightly better defined.
The most interesting part for me is that I have one ciem now that can handle all genres, for better or for worse but in such a way that the presentation always stays captivating.

After today I truly saw it as a real upgrade of the 8 pro, with some overlapping characteristics.
It is an excellent ciem for people who only want (read: afford) one TOTL design that balances detail and listening fatigue so beautifully.

- edit typo's and minor changes -

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #343 of 449
2j61uua.jpg

I have recently upgraded to 8.2 after experiencing problems with the previous model Harmony 8 Pro.

I changed from silicone to acryllic, the fit is absolutely perfect and I think it's even better than my previous silicone fit funny enough.

2j61uua.jpg

o8ti5i.jpg

Sound:
Gear used for this mini-review: (Ipod Touch gen. 6, Mojo and Vorzuge Vorzamp Pure II, stock and Effect Audio Ares II cable)

There have been extensive and detailed reviews about this earphone, ofcourse sound can differ depending on source and such. The upper combination is one of the best mobile rigs I've heard to date,
the technical skills of the Mojo are well known and the Vorzuge likes more mid-centric ciems like the 8.2 while adding air and neutrality with an iron grip.

My personal experiences with the earphone equipped with stock cable have been mixed so far.
As many have said the upper mids and lower treble have been tuned to be inoffensive and easy listening.

With certain genres like electronical music this is disappointing since the energy there makes for a more lively experience, however this is due to personal preference.

Six hours ago I installed the cable and listened to my first ciem upgrade cable.

It didn't take me long to realize that this cable brought a mild but effective upgrade to the sound, primarily in presentation and layering.
It reminded me a bit of the older 8 pro but with thicker and more musical notes especially in the mids. The highs have better presence now with more detail and space and the bass is more neutral and slightly better defined.
The most interesting part for me is that I have one ciem now that can handle all genres, for better or for worse but in such a way that the presentation always stays captivating.

After today I truly saw it as a real upgrade of the 8 pro, with some overlapping characteristics.
It is an excellent ciem for people who only want (read: afford) one TOTL design that balances detail and listening fatigue so beautifully.

What's the cable that you upgraded with? How much does it cost?

Jul 17, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #344 of 449
What's the cable that you upgraded with? How much does it cost?
That is the Effect Audio Ares II:
https://www.effectaudio.com/upgrade-cables/iem-cables/iem-premium-series/ares-ii.html
They are around $150 and I believe Piotr collaborates with Effect Audio, so you can ask him about it as well. I believe Custom Art generally recommend the Ares II as an upgrade, although I quite liked what I read about the Eros hybrid (also mentioned by the guys at Custom Art). Effect Audio are also active here on Head-fi, so you can always contact @EffectAudio (Eric) directly.

Hope this helps!

Jul 17, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #345 of 449
2j61uua.jpg

2j61uua.jpg

o8ti5i.jpg

Sound:

Is there a secondary color that you swirled with the red and blue on the faceplates? For some reason, they're mesmerizing; different from any other red and blue faceplate I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back