Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Jul 25, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #121 of 449

I'm "veteran" only based on the experience of reviews I shared on head-fi in the last 2 years since I got more into this hobby, and there are way too many earphones out there.  Maybe one day I will make my way to Spiral Ears, and no longer will be surprised about putting gummy bears in my ears
wink.gif

Lol! You whippersnapper. Hard to believe you have 'only' been around for 3 years. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #122 of 449
  I started years ago also with Music One in the world of CIEMs, next step was H8P over a year later, next week I'll get 8.2 demo unit, than I will decide for H8P upgrade to 8.2, but from that what I've read so far - I'm very sure to upgrade very soon.

Please note that if your ear canals are deeper, the nozzle of the demo universal 8.2 may be too shallow for you to hear the full sound signature.

Jul 26, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #124 of 449
  Please note that if your ear canals are deeper, the nozzle of the demo universal 8.2 may be too shallow for you to hear the full sound signature.

Yes taht's right I know, I had the same with H8P demo unit and my real H8P CIEM sounds better too.

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #125 of 449
Got today the H8.2 now time to compare to my H8P, fun times begins!

Btw. amazing build for the H8.2 universal demo unit Piotr.

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #127 of 449
It fits almost perfect like my full CIEM (I'll take prictures on weekend).

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #128 of 449
My babies will arrive tomorrow. Custom design that I chose with Piotr 
wink_face.gif

They already look amazing in the picture piotr sent me.
Currently using an AK240 SS with a Jh13 Pro V2, I will try to post some impressions soon

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #130 of 449
What got improved in custom version?

Listening to CIEM demo's and the changes it can bring in sound when you get the real CIEM is really individual as we all have different ear anatomy and depending on that anatomy the demo will sit longer away from the eardrum and has to possibly pass the 2 bend in the ear, how do you apply to tip and which tips are you using it al effects the outcome

I have really small ears and my 2 bend is not that sharp so when I listened to my EI.XX CIEM vs a demo I have to bring on a head-Fi tour I could hardly tell the difference. I was able to put on the tip so the nosle of the CIEM was free of any interference from the tip but I still got a perfect seal

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #131 of 449
Yes @walbum4262 is absoluty right, the fit and ear anatomy is the key, even IEM tip rolling makes depending also big differences to alter the sound, so a lot of factors here in the game. My CIEMs sound even if "rainy, windy, cold or hot"
biggrin.gif
always the same, that's why I only use CIEMs instead of universal IEMs + perfect fit in every situation.

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #132 of 449
Did today a few RMAA mesurements.

The H8.2 is easier to drive and less source picky as H8 or H8P are, as Pitor already mentioned:

For reference I don't used here my good source like Chord Mojo or iFi micro iDSD which have less than 1 ohms output impedance, I took for this test my smartphone a Sony Xperia Z1 compact with Neutron app (all DSP off, OpenSL driver) which has ~ 4 ohms output impedance and the H8.2 has almost zero change in frequency response.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #134 of 449
Got mine last night. Simply gorgeous. And the sound is astonishing.

Ill post impressions and more pics later!!

Nice! I'm glad you like them. The design is really unique.

Did today a few RMAA mesurements.

The H8.2 is easier to drive and less source picky as H8 or H8P are, as Pitor already mentioned:

For reference I don't used here my good source like Chord Mojo or iFi micro iDSD which have less than 1 ohms output impedance, I took for this test my smartphone a Sony Xperia Z1 compact with Neutron app (all DSP off, OpenSL driver) which has ~ 4 ohms output impedance and the H8.2 has almost zero change in frequency response.

Wow, thanks for showing the measurements. Well it sort of reaffirms what I observed when measuring frequecy responses with high and low impedance sources differences were pretty minimal.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #135 of 449
  Nice! I'm glad you like them. The design is really unique.

Piotr, I LoOOooOOOVE them. I asked for something, and you delivered exactly what I was imagining. You and your team are superb, thank you for having me as part of your Family!

They are so well tuned, I spent the whole night with them, barely slept. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back