Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Jul 19, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #93 of 449
So my review is written. Need to do the pixes and it will ship.

Nice! Looking forward to that one
rolleyes.gif

H8.2 is in town.. Looks cool.. 

What? I didn't even know you had ordered this one
rolleyes.gif

This is not the first time that your ciems remind me of some delicious fruit 
wink.gif

They look great man => happy listening!

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #94 of 449
I had a go at MrButchi's 8.2 during three sessions, two short and a longer one (an entire day).

Changes are significant and my guess is that the new signature will be more appealing to those who felt a certain lack in the lows with the previous Harmony, whether pro or non-pro.

They are much easier to drive, a powerful source non longer a requisite to enjoy them.

The lower end is denser and impactful, providing a fuller-bodied sound, an excellent middle ground between strict reference and fun zone.

Treble is rendered without harshness, also a good middle ground between H8 and H8 pro. Associated with good layering, it allows a pleasant breathing room for beautiful mids and lively soundstage.

I personally really enjoy the H8 non-pro for the amazing capacity they have to come alive when you really crank up the volume. In my opinion, their downward signature is a blessing for those who love listening to their music at live concert power-level, huge dynamics and zero harshness or fatigue... if their source is good enough. So no upgrade to 8.2 for me because of this specific addiction !

That said, most of my audio comrades do not share this special taste or cannot endure such loud volume. The 8.2 is therefore a much better offering by Custom Art. Definitely.

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #95 of 449
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a very good. In the next weeks I will recieve a demo unit of H8.2 and I will compare my H8P with the H8.2 because I want to upgrade if all fits my taste with H8.2, but it sounds very like to me.

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #97 of 449
I need my treble, so I guess I'll stick with the H8P for now.

Still, nice to see those who love the easier-to-drive 8.2.

Enjoy the music guys.

Jul 20, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #98 of 449

Nice! Looking forward to that one
rolleyes.gif

What? I didn't even know you had ordered this one
rolleyes.gif

This is not the first time that your ciems remind me of some delicious fruit 
wink.gif

They look great man => happy listening!

Thank you mate. :) 

Waiting for first impressions and full review aswell:] 

Well, I did a quick listen to 8.2. Haven't heard H8, but it has more forward midrange and laid back/less bright treble compared to H8P. Smoother treble and more intimate midrange. Honestly, its tonality is good. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #99 of 449
Well, well, well, looks like all the reviewers are coming forth. I didn't have the pleasure of hearing any of the former Harmony 8's, but I can say that the 8.2 has a very pleasant mid-centric signature that comes close to neutral. I think that anyone that ordered it will be in for a treat, especially at the ridiculously low pre-order price. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #103 of 449
MrButchi

Nice review, almost all of your impression matched with mine...
The bass is abseloutly incredible, best resolution I've ever heard on IEMs and manages to compete with fullsized headphones TOTL bass in my (limited) experience
Till now, I still feel amazed with H8.2's bass everytime i listen to it. And yes, like i always told to Piotr via PM, *because I'm a bit a treble-head and largely of my collections are a little bit treble oriented and treble focussed, named like EX1000, Kaede II, and ER-4B, for my liking the treble's a little bit lack of air and sparkle...just a little bit...and this is purely subjective and based on my preferences...but by no means thats the upper register is sounds muted or shelved down too much, no its not..i still feel that the treble response and extention on 8.2 still better than Fitear MH334.
Congrats and thank you piotrus-g

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #105 of 449

Users who are viewing this thread

Back