Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement
Mar 5, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #301 of 551
Yes this is how it's done. Multicolored graphics require to be printed on the surface of the faceplate and we've finally been able to set up optimal process for looks/quality/durability etc.
Oh, I see. So, was this particular situation more about multi-color vs. single color? I ask that because I've seen some complex shapes printed on before so I didn't know what kind of difficulties were being overcome. Still, any news about increased art options is good news since it releases a lot more creativity.

Mar 5, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #302 of 551
A not so great pic but putting it through its paces. A little Fugazi and Dillinger Escape Plan to start.

These are my first CIEM and I absolutely love the fit, I've been using in ears since 2008 but man never been this comfy.

cDQu8tQ.jpg

Mar 5, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #303 of 551
A not so great pic but putting it through its paces. A little Fugazi and Dillinger Escape Plan to start.

These are my first CIEM and I absolutely love the fit, I've been using in ears since 2008 but man never been this comfy.

cDQu8tQ.jpg
Nice pic! I'm also in the market for my first CIEM, and I'm strongly leaning towards the Fibae Black. Besides the fit, how do they compare soundwise to other iems you have tried?

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #304 of 551
Oh, I see. So, was this particular situation more about multi-color vs. single color? I ask that because I've seen some complex shapes printed on before so I didn't know what kind of difficulties were being overcome. Still, any news about increased art options is good news since it releases a lot more creativity.
Yes, as you can see blow the printed graphic :)

cDQu8tQ.jpg
Great choice of music! Enjoy!

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #305 of 551
Nice pic! I'm also in the market for my first CIEM, and I'm strongly leaning towards the Fibae Black. Besides the fit, how do they compare soundwise to other iems you have tried?

I'm not as articulate as most regarding this, I'd say from the small sample size that it feels effortless in what it's presenting. My current daily driver (Noble X) has a laid back signature which I would describe this one as having. The difference is that this can seemingly keep up and retain excellent separation and clarity when I starting pushing it, versus the Noble X which had detail getting lost in certain situations. The listening space feels both intimate and spacious when it needs to be.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #306 of 551
I'm not as articulate as most regarding this, I'd say from the small sample size that it feels effortless in what it's presenting. My current daily driver (Noble X) has a laid back signature which I would describe this one as having. The difference is that this can seemingly keep up and retain excellent separation and clarity when I starting pushing it, versus the Noble X which had detail getting lost in certain situations. The listening space feels both intimate and spacious when it needs to be.
"Articulate" sometimes can be a bit confusing, so I'm happy with your description, short and clear. Thanks!

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #307 of 551

cDQu8tQ.jpg

Yes, as you can see blow the printed graphic :)

Great choice of music! Enjoy!
Hmm, yes I see. Very neat graphic, though I don't think I understand the reference. I just had an obtusely groteque thought: have we reached the point where one could make "invisible in-ears" and print a picture of their ear canal on the faceplate so the IEM would camoflage into their ear? It's a terrible idea and yet... something about it makes me want to see it tried...
Nice succint opinion! I'm taking deep breaths to still my excitement. I've been trying to imagine if these would be usable in a casual live-monitoring role. I'm guessing it'd be fine but F3, F4, H8.2 would probably be more ideal.

Mar 6, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #308 of 551
Yay got my shipped email! Just the news to cheer me up after a very crappy few days at work :frowning2:

For those counting I ordered on the last day of the presale so way back in December (eek). Because I had to get my ears sorted I didn't actually get my impressions done until the 8th of February. Took just a few days this time to get there. So I reckon about 3 - 4 weeks or so, give or take a couple of days.

Didn't go for anything fancy just black shells and white logos. Hoping like hell 3-d printing solves the fit issues I've had :) :frowning2: Expecting them monday.

Any progress with silicone and 3-d printing btw Piotrus?

Thanks

Mar 6, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #309 of 551
Hmm, yes I see. Very neat graphic, though I don't think I understand the reference. I just had an obtusely groteque thought: have we reached the point where one could make "invisible in-ears" and print a picture of their ear canal on the faceplate so the IEM would camoflage into their ear? It's a terrible idea and yet... something about it makes me want to see it tried...

Nice succint opinion! I'm taking deep breaths to still my excitement. I've been trying to imagine if these would be usable in a casual live-monitoring role. I'm guessing it'd be fine but F3, F4, H8.2 would probably be more ideal.

Thanks! It's a reference to Hellboy (The Right Hand of Doom) from the Mignolaverse.

I am a big fan of Mike Mignola's work.

https://hellboy.fandom.com/wiki/Right_Hand_of_Doom

I am referring to that unit as the Right ear of Doom.

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #310 of 551
Thanks! It's a reference to Hellboy (The Right Hand of Doom) from the Mignolaverse.

I am a big fan of Mike Mignola's work.

https://hellboy.fandom.com/wiki/Right_Hand_of_Doom

I am referring to that unit as the Right ear of Doom.
Ooooh, I gotcha. I see it now. Clever with the Right Ear of Doom! Hope that doesn't do anything negative to your hearing :p The plan I got approved back when in my negotiation phase was to have one ear piece printed with a family-related image and the other with a church-related image. Maybe I went a bit overboard but it is my first, so...
Yay got my shipped email! Just the news to cheer me up after a very crappy few days at work :frowning2:

For those counting I ordered on the last day of the presale so way back in December (eek). Because I had to get my ears sorted I didn't actually get my impressions done until the 8th of February. Took just a few days this time to get there. So I reckon about 3 - 4 weeks or so, give or take a couple of days.

Didn't go for anything fancy just black shells and white logos. Hoping like hell 3-d printing solves the fit issues I've had :) :frowning2: Expecting them monday.

Any progress with silicone and 3-d printing btw Piotrus?

Thanks
<sheds tear in week five since payment confirmation date>

Joking aside, am I right in remembering you saying your payment went through prior to your impressions arriving? I remember you mentioning something like that earlier but wanted to verify. Personally, I re-calibrated my expectations to the eight week lead time quoted over in the F4 announcement thread. I hold out hope that I'll be surprised but better pleasantly surprised than... whatever the opposite of pleasantly surprised is.

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #311 of 551
Joking aside, am I right in remembering you saying your payment went through prior to your impressions arriving? I remember you mentioning something like that earlier but wanted to verify. Personally, I re-calibrated my expectations to the eight week lead time quoted over in the F4 announcement thread. I hold out hope that I'll be surprised but better pleasantly surprised than... whatever the opposite of pleasantly surprised is.

Yep paid immediately but asked Piotrus to hold my order until I could get a new set of impressions done. They already had one fresh set done recently by my new audiologist but I wasn't convinced so figured getting a new set done to be 3-d scanned from the start made more sense. I also made sure that the audiologist knew it was for ciems (which I did stress before, but better safe than sorry!)by sending her the link for the 64 audio impressions and also the Cosmic Ears impressions guide (both worth looking up) before hand. Of course my ears behaved true to form by needing to be degunked (syringed, which is always fun not!) so here we are nearly a month on from when I had them done.

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #312 of 551
Yep paid immediately but asked Piotrus to hold my order until I could get a new set of impressions done. They already had one fresh set done recently by my new audiologist but I wasn't convinced so figured getting a new set done to be 3-d scanned from the start made more sense. I also made sure that the audiologist knew it was for ciems (which I did stress before, but better safe than sorry!)by sending her the link for the 64 audio impressions and also the Cosmic Ears impressions guide (both worth looking up) before hand. Of course my ears behaved true to form by needing to be degunked (syringed, which is always fun not!) so here we are nearly a month on from when I had them done.
Got it. I suspected from your past posts that your timetable was a little different. I've also been through the syringe treatment and in a foreign country, no less. I was using earplugs to block out the road noise. Add the dirtier environment and the fact that I didn't have a good ear cleaning strategy back then. I literally couldn't hear. Thankfully, we were in a city where my group of travelers had friends that were willing to help shepherd me through the care system. They really went ham cleaning me out but the change was glorious. <contemplative sigh> Okay, back on topic with me... I wish a speedy and safe delivery on your IEMs!

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #313 of 551
Yeah since we knew your impressions were coming later but we accepted payment right away we queued your order per your payment date

Mar 7, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #314 of 551
So... I have spent quite a bit of time with the Black and I must say it keeps surprising me.

I expected a laid back signature but the more I listen to the Black the more I think it's more smooth than laid back per se as it features more energy than I would have given it credit for. Treble is smooth but I wouldn't call it recessed either, I don't see the Black as a descending signature but rather bump in the mid bass giving it rhythm, linear in the mid range with a gentle but well thought out upper mids bump providing articulation (never congested despite the presence of the lower mids), and just the right amount of lower treble to provide more excitement than you would think. Upper treble is where things are more subdued but still nuances and air is present enough to provide good contrast.

Ah and the black background and low distorsion are both a component of the signature as well, not to mention the softer attack and smooth decay.
Those help provide a fatigue free listening experience, even pushing the volume you'll never get any ear fatigue so long late sessions are a treat!

Last but not least I went through my Jazz playlists and I was so surprised at how pleasing and rich instrument timbre was, it's north of neutral but very very pleasing and satisfying.
Overall I am pretty impressed with the layering and soundstage as well.
Those babies need time to grasp all they have to offer :)

Mar 7, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #315 of 551
So... I have spent quite a bit of time with the Black and I must say it keeps surprising me.

I expected a laid back signature but the more I listen to the Black the more I think it's more smooth than laid back per se as it features more energy than I would have given it credit for. Treble is smooth but I wouldn't call it recessed either, I don't see the Black as a descending signature but rather bump in the mid bass giving it rhythm, linear in the mid range with a gentle but well thought out upper mids bump providing articulation (never congested despite the presence of the lower mids), and just the right amount of lower treble to provide more excitement than you would think. Upper treble is where things are more subdued but still nuances and air is present enough to provide good contrast.

Ah and the black background and low distorsion are both a component of the signature as well, not to mention the softer attack and smooth decay.
Those help provide a fatigue free listening experience, even pushing the volume you'll never get any ear fatigue so long late sessions are a treat!

Last but not least I went through my Jazz playlists and I was so surprised at how pleasing and rich instrument timbre was, it's north of neutral but very very pleasing and satisfying.
Overall I am pretty impressed with the layering and soundstage as well.
Those babies need time to grasp all they have to offer :)
That's a really good description that captures Black's character :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back