Custom Art FIBAE 4 announcement
Feb 11, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #76 of 338
Impressions taken this morning, painless and only took around 25 minutes at my local Amplifon, cost £50 which I thought was reasonable.
Going to get them sent off to Poland tomorrow morning.

I use tracked isf royal mail for mine, takes about a week for £12.00 or so. Get's you a tracking number if that's any use. Mine are off today for a pair of blacks.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #77 of 338
Customs have a lot of advantages, most importantly the fit will be optimal giving great comfort and excellent isolation, but also optimal sound quality. You don't have any tips to worry about either, so no trying out a dozen different ones before you find the most comfortable tips. The disadvantage is that it is not so easy to give other people a listen and selling them is a little more difficult because they would need to be re-built to fit the new owner's ears. Personally I prefer customs, even though all my current IEMs are universals.

That's assuming you go to an audiologist who knows what they are doing of course :) A good pair of impressions is key to the whole thing. If Casdeo isn't sure about impressions having a look at https://www.cosmicears.com/impressions/ wouldn't hurt :)

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #78 of 338
I use tracked isf royal mail for mine, takes about a week for £12.00 or so. Get's you a tracking number if that's any use. Mine are off today for a pair of blacks.
Cheers for that, will prob use the same service, £12 ain’t too bad with tracking.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #79 of 338
@Wyville has summed it up quite well there, I would just add that the downside of customs is that many brands don’t offer reshell or transfer of ownership so basically the resell value is low if it can even be done (for example my VE8 are half filled so even if a third party agrees to reshell there is a risk of breaking the drivers in the process).

Luckily Custom Art is not one of those companies so people can go custom with a peaceful mind :D
It’s hard to go back to universal after this... a compromise is to get silicon custom eartips done, that’s what I did and Custom Art does great ones by the way :)

From someone who has never had custom IEMs before would you say you prefer Customs over Universals? If so, do you mind explaining why?

Customs have a lot of advantages, most importantly the fit will be optimal giving great comfort and excellent isolation, but also optimal sound quality. You don't have any tips to worry about either, so no trying out a dozen different ones before you find the most comfortable tips. The disadvantage is that it is not so easy to give other people a listen and selling them is a little more difficult because they would need to be re-built to fit the new owner's ears. Personally I prefer customs, even though all my current IEMs are universals.

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #80 of 338
@Wyville has summed it up quite well there, I would just add that the downside of customs is that many brands don’t offer reshell or transfer of ownership so basically the resell value is low if it can even be done (for example my VE8 are half filled so even if a third party agrees to reshell there is a risk of breaking the drivers in the process).

Luckily Custom Art is not one of those companies so people can go custom with a peaceful mind :D
It’s hard to go back to universal after this... a compromise is to get silicon custom eartips done, that’s what I did and Custom Art does great ones by the way :)

I hope Custom Art never changes their reshell policy. It’s one (of many) reasons why their products are so easy to recommend.

I’ve also heard rumors of a new flagship iem... I’m intrigued to say the least.

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #81 of 338
And I didn’t wait further, ordered the FIBAE 4 :D

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #82 of 338
And I didn’t wait further, ordered the FIBAE 4 :D

Got to admit I'm tempted but given my issues with customs I thought that I would wait until my black's came in and see how they went. Plus having the fibae 2 and the blacks not sure I could justify having a third iem with a similar signature.

Feb 12, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #83 of 338
Got to admit I'm tempted but given my issues with customs I thought that I would wait until my black's came in and see how they went. Plus having the fibae 2 and the blacks not sure I could justify having a third iem with a similar signature.

Well the FIBAE 4 is deemed very different from the Black and I have auditioned the Black last saturday and I can’t shake that love at first sight feeling :heart_eyes:

I don’t have any other FIBAE so unlike you I don’t have the FIBAE 2 handy... I don’t think it will be in my case a redundant purchase. Everyone will be different there...

Some will wait for the new flagship (I sure will get it as well but that’s just me :D ) but that’s probably further down the line...

Feb 12, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #84 of 338
Sent my moulds off this morning, feeling a bit excited for these.

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #87 of 338
@piotrus-g would it be possible to get a mmcx universal version for the Fibae 4? I checked your website and so far only 2pin is available for universal.

Get the custom, you know you want to!
With the reshell policy and price, really a no brainer :wink:

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #88 of 338
the thing is that I have a fantastic fit with their uni version... last time I had a custom (fibae 2) fit was not perfect at the 1st try with my left ear and I gave up... I did not feel re-do ears impressions, send them together with my IEMs and wait again couple of weeks... So if I pull the trigger it will most probably be universal.
And when i read this I really thing these Fibae 4 matche my taste

We tuned FIBAE 4 to be fun sounding IEM with warm and smooth signature. It offers excellent sub-bass depth and punch, detailed and natural midrange finished with extremely detailed, but never harsh highs. It combines big headroom, high resolution and expansive sound stage. FIBAE 4 is a perfect tool for guitarists, bassists and drummers for stage monitoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back