Custom Art FIBAE 4 announcement
Feb 17, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #106 of 338
Dam now your making me want to order :)

Just not confident yet as I haven't done enough research, I love my N5005 but even with snugs the fit isn't perfect they use 3d scanning and keep messing the moulds up. Last pair made went in too deep and hurt my ears. I have a narrow ear canal so struggle to find a good fit.
As @davidcotton said, if you are in London Gisele is the person to see. She is a renowned expert, “audiologist to the musicians”, and I got my first CIEMs there, which were also Custom Art. She has outstanding service and is a great person to talk to. Can’t recommend her highly enough.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #107 of 338
As @davidcotton said, if you are in London Gisele is the person to see. She is a renowned expert, “audiologist to the musicians”, and I got my first CIEMs there, which were also Custom Art. She has outstanding service and is a great person to talk to. Can’t recommend her highly enough.
Thanks I’ve contacted her for a quote for moulds to be created.
She’s not far from me so easy to travel to.

Any other recommendations for ear impressions in London as I’m seriously considering these now ?

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #108 of 338
I’m on the verge of ordering I have a few minor concerns though.

- these come as 10 on the bass spectrum so I’m hopping they not too much. I don’t mind some bass but I’m not a bass head. On the n5005 I did bass filter for a while but reverted to reference as I found them more musical.

- I want some high quality iems are these in the top league. Can they be compared to se846 / n5005. Would I have to step up to harmony for that comparison ?

- I do love the n5005 it’s the details and can produce some good mids and bass but not distorting. I found the ie800s too dull and not enough energy in comparison a little boring. Also I’ve just brought a pair of beydeynamics TP5.2 very forward focals I love the way they sound suburb can be a tiny bass heavy at times and can be a little fatiguing due to the forward sounding treble.

Would these be the correct CA’s for me ?

Also is there any upgrade path allowed in the future ?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #109 of 338
Thanks I’ve contacted her for a quote for moulds to be created.
She’s not far from me so easy to travel to.

Any other recommendations for ear impressions in London as I’m seriously considering these now ?
To be honest, I went to Gisele because I knew she was one of the most experienced audiologists for IEMs and she sells Custom Art. So you can go through her for the entire process, which is mighty convenient. The only other I know of that should do a good job is Hand Held Audio in Enfield. Them I know of because they work with Gisele from time to time. There will no doubt be plenty more, but I did not look around too much. I used to live quite centrally and her Harley Street practice (where she is one day a week) was most convenient.

Perhaps @piotrus-g knows if/when Gisele will have demo units of FIBAE 4, then you could try them out before you decide.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #110 of 338
I’m on the verge of ordering I have a few minor concerns though.

- these come as 10 on the bass spectrum so I’m hopping they not too much. I don’t mind some bass but I’m not a bass head. On the n5005 I did bass filter for a while but reverted to reference as I found them more musical.

- I want some high quality iems are these in the top league. Can they be compared to se846 / n5005. Would I have to step up to harmony for that comparison ?

- I do love the n5005 it’s the details and can produce some good mids and bass but not distorting. I found the ie800s too dull and not enough energy in comparison a little boring. Also I’ve just brought a pair of beydeynamics TP5.2 very forward focals I love the way they sound suburb can be a tiny bass heavy at times and can be a little fatiguing due to the forward sounding treble.

Would these be the correct CA’s for me ?

Also is there any upgrade path allowed in the future ?

The number 10 is relative to the other frequencies. Based on what I've heard Piotr say, the FIBAE 4 isn't a basshead IEM per se. If you can tolerate the SE846, I'm sure this'll be right up your alley. I haven't heard the N5005, but I'm sure these will outperform the SE846. No offense to Shure, but it's about on par with Custom Art's FIBAE 2 at this point. Again, no slight to either company. As @Wyville said, try contacting your local audio stores to see if they have demos incoming. Or better yet, ask @piotrus-g if there are any demos he can temporarily loan to you. A direct audition is always best. :)

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #111 of 338
Like @Deezel177 said, the number 10 is relative to other IEMs in our line up, compared to those FIBAE4 has simply the biggest amount of bass. If you have and like SE846 then I don't see why you'd find FIBAE4 too bass-heavy honestly. The amount of bass is quite similar.
We are planing on sending demo of F4 and F Black to Gisele soon so you'd be able to test them before ordering I guess. And yes, Aid2hearing is the place to make the molds in London, no point for looking for any other place really :) even if you spare 5 bucks in someplace else you'll lose huge in terms of service, so...

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #112 of 338
Like @Deezel177 said, the number 10 is relative to other IEMs in our line up, compared to those FIBAE4 has simply the biggest amount of bass. If you have and like SE846 then I don't see why you'd find FIBAE4 too bass-heavy honestly. The amount of bass is quite similar.
We are planing on sending demo of F4 and F Black to Gisele soon so you'd be able to test them before ordering I guess. And yes, Aid2hearing is the place to make the molds in London, no point for looking for any other place really :) even if you spare 5 bucks in someplace else you'll lose huge in terms of service, so...

Irony is the money I've spent on sending refits and new impressions over would probably have pretty much paid for a ticket up to london :frowning2: Probably should of done that in the first place really :)

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #113 of 338
Irony is the money I've spent on sending refits and new impressions over would probably have pretty much paid for a ticket up to london :frowning2: Probably should of done that in the first place really :)

That’s the dilemma I faced, expensive £100 round trip from North Devon or a long 7 hour round drive.

I took the risk with a local chap, seems ok but will know when they arrive from Custom Art

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #114 of 338

Ahh ok thanks for the details I think I'm sold on these now :)
Is Gisele likely to get them before the promotion price has I was hoping to order soon to take advantage :wink:

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #115 of 338
That’s the dilemma I faced, expensive £100 round trip from North Devon or a long 7 hour round drive.

I took the risk with a local chap, seems ok but will know when they arrive from Custom Art
I got mine done in boots mate - piotr was happy with the impressions but boots was a premium at £80.

Feb 18, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #116 of 338
Holy cow, why is it so expensive for all of you ? Brexit and all ? Haha

I paid mine 15€ at an audition centre. It took 15 minutes and the fit of my Fibae 2 are perfect !

Feb 19, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #117 of 338
Holy cow, why is it so expensive for all of you ? Brexit and all ? Haha

I paid mine 15€ at an audition centre. It took 15 minutes and the fit of my Fibae 2 are perfect !
Mine was £35.00 at a local one. The previous one was also £35 at an hearing place, but never really achieved a good fit. I'm more convinced than ever that was because she was doing them as if for hearing aids and not covering enough material for the tragus part.

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #118 of 338
Paid for customs today - email says approx 4-5 weeks turnaround, now the excitement really begins- sad state of affairs for a 47 year old to get into!!!

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #119 of 338
Paid for customs today - email says approx 4-5 weeks turnaround, now the excitement really begins- sad state of affairs for a 47 year old to get into!!!
Be sure to post some piccies when they arrive :)

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #120 of 338
Thanks for your order! It's closer to 8weeks atm to be honest but we are actively trying to cut it down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back