Custom-3 announcements and impressions
Jan 31, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #91 of 306
Wow, if you're tired of waiting for Klipsch, then be glad you didn't have your hopes set on the Westone 3! That one's coming up to 1 year of wait-list time.

You'd think these multi-driver IEMs were difficult to build or something.

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #94 of 306
I'm not sure if the above post is directed at me, but the comment regarding Head-fi and being in the dark is unclear.

Anyway, I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but I'm expressing my frustration with the delay of a highly anticipated product. I felt that I had done that in a constructive way... maybe you didn't read my entire post.

Either way, its very apparent that people are upset with this delay and the confusing pre-order setup that they have with Amazon.

BTW, I was interested in the Westone UM3 about a year ago, but their delay of the product was a little absurd considering no real effort in communication was made to the public. I'm hoping that the Klipsch don't wind up being a similar situation.

Forgive me if you interpret this as trolling, it certainly isn't meant to be.

sprout

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #95 of 306
Hi local head-fiers and soon to be Klipsch Custom 3 users. I do have good news for anyone planning on buying one of our flagship products. The train has pulled out of the station and is heading your way. We have comfirmation that several hundred were shipped this week. So if there are not any more distribution issues I believe that Custom 3 will be available by the end of next week. The good news is that we can build them. The better news for me is that they are building at 90% yield which is a real relief for Dr. Cochlear and I because our design and process is working well.

We have a large distribution channel as you may know so it will take time for some people to get their hands on Custom 3 units, but the good news is that they are moving throught the channel to your doorstep. I can understand why other companies have had delays up to several months with multi-driver designs. We had expected it also, but what I didn't expect were the additional delays to get this model to our dealers. As we have said many times "we have never made this before" so there is no natural reaction for the rest of the company. It takes awhile for the train to get up to speed as with Klipsch so I thank you for your patience and understanding. As I have said before I am also anxious to hear your reviews...good or bad. Your honest comments will help Klipsch make products even better.

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #96 of 306
Has anyone gotten a special offer yet?

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #97 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Thump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi local head-fiers and soon to be Klipsch Custom 3 users. I do have good news for anyone planning on buying one of our flagship products. The train has pulled out of the station and is heading your way. We have comfirmation that several hundred were shipped this week. So if there are not any more distribution issues I believe that Custom 3 will be available by the end of next week. The good news is that we can build them. The better news for me is that they are building at 90% yield which is a real relief for Dr. Cochlear and I because our design and process is working well.

We have a large distribution channel as you may know so it will take time for some people to get their hands on Custom 3 units, but the good news is that they are moving throught the channel to your doorstep. I can understand why other companies have had delays up to several months with multi-driver designs. We had expected it also, but what I didn't expect were the additional delays to get this model to our dealers. As we have said many times "we have never made this before" so there is no natural reaction for the rest of the company. It takes awhile for the train to get up to speed as with Klipsch so I thank you for your patience and understanding. As I have said before I am also anxious to hear your reviews...good or bad. Your honest comments will help Klipsch make products even better.

Awesome to hear that, Mark. Congratulations on finally getting these babies on the way!

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #98 of 306
Everyone should thank ME for the Custom 3's getting out the door. I placed an order for the Image which of course caused a chain reaction of karma events forcing the Custom 3's to be on their way.
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #99 of 306
We should be ready to launch just a few of these either later today or Monday. If it gets to be too late today (waiting for some things to be signed off on), I'll post here to be ready for Monday. We truly only have a few of these to start off with, so if you really want them now, don't delay!

Thanks for hanging in there with us!

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #100 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We should be ready to launch just a few of these either later today or Monday. If it gets to be too late today (waiting for some things to be signed off on), I'll post here to be ready for Monday. We truly only have a few of these to start off with, so if you really want them now, don't delay!

Thanks for hanging in there with us!

So if people from outside of US(ie. Canada) want to get their hands on it fast, is it best to purchase from US online store that ships internationally? or we should wait for the authroized dealer/dsitributor in Canada to import it?

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #101 of 306
Does Klipsch allow US dealers to ship to Canada? Grado, for example, does not, although of course there are ways around these restrictions. Or one can just hop in the car and drive south for an hour!

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #102 of 306
Where is the best place to order the Custom 3 from in the US and is there a coupon number for a special price?

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #103 of 306
Canadians will eventually be able to purchase from London Drugs and Best Buy. I'm sorry I don't have a timetable currently, but from what I understand, the wait shouldn't be long.

For the US, Klipsch.com will have them first (looks like Monday). If you sign up for our newsletter, we will send an announcement and special offer via email as soon as we post them to our store. We will only have a few sets to start...

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #104 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by OracleGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does Klipsch allow US dealers to ship to Canada? Grado, for example, does not, although of course there are ways around these restrictions. Or one can just hop in the car and drive south for an hour!

For oracle and any other Vancouverites that are interested, you can simply use a mail forwarding service to ship the items you ordered from Klipsch (correct me if I'm wrong Amy). From there, its just a short trip across the border to pick up your items.

The service I use is called "package express", just 2 minutes from the Huntingdon border crossing in Sumas, Washington.

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #105 of 306
Amy--can you providea link to the newsletter?? Went on website and didn't see it

O never mind. I found it--I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back