Custom-3 announcements and impressions
Feb 5, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #121 of 306
Someone spilled kool-aid on all of the packages
frown.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #122 of 306
I wonder if they could at least provide us a copy of the offer in a post that they have said that they are going to make to us.

Feb 6, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #123 of 306
Received email stating that Klipsch has 40 pairs of Custom 3s in stock. Ordered. Now the wait begins. I'm very excited as these will be the most expensive earphones or headphones I have purchased. Can't wait to see how they sound in real life.

Feb 6, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #124 of 306
Klipsch Custom 3 ordered.

biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #125 of 306
You got an email? I've tried signing up twice for the email list, and never received a confirmation, and have received any emails from Klipsch newsletter or anything. I wonder if it's because I'm not in the States... would they bother filtering that, since I can't buy direct from them anyway?

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #126 of 306
Lol, I'm not surprised you ordered a set, cn11. We seem to have similar tastes (and a weakness for upgraditis), as I recall. My order's in, I'll have some review up early next week, most likely.

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #127 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by baglunch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You got an email? I've tried signing up twice for the email list, and never received a confirmation, and have received any emails from Klipsch newsletter or anything. I wonder if it's because I'm not in the States... would they bother filtering that, since I can't buy direct from them anyway?

Hey,
Yes, we do have to filter our email database based on country for our webstore notices since we can only sell within the US.

Last I looked, we had about 8 left!

I'm anxious to know what you guys think. When you do get them, please know that these do take some tweaking to find that perfect fit and right size ear tip. Don't get discouraged!

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #128 of 306
I have checked my inbox daily and I have received e-mails from Klipsch in the past, but no e-mails in my inbox today? Why!!????

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #129 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last I looked, we had about 8 left!

I'm anxious to know what you guys think. When you do get them, please know that these do take some tweaking to find that perfect fit and right size ear tip. Don't get discouraged!

Awesome, I'm one of the 40! Amy, you guys should have individually numbered them since they're in such short supply... sort of like a signature series. It would be fun to know what number out of 40 I got.

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #130 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be fun to know what number out of 40 I got.

Number 13
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #132 of 306
I don't care which one I got, I just know I got one of the 40 this afternoon. That is good enough for me.

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #133 of 306
So if we got a confirmation from the store, does that mean that we definitely got in under the #40 limit? I assumed that was an automated confirm and that there's still a chance that y'all will be out by the time you get to processing my order (although I'd be very pleasantly surprised if that's not the case).

As to possibly having to fiddle with fit, etc... don't worry, Amy -- I think most of the people in this thread have owned enough IEMs that that won't be an issue unless there is actually some ergonomic problem (like the q-Jays, in my opinion, which are just a little too finicky with placement).

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #134 of 306
This is very interesting. The demographic of people ordering the Custom-3 seems to be very diverse.

I am rather limited in sources, but have listened to several pretty good portable 'phones. I have nothing really to compare them to, but so far my favorite IEM has been the q-JAYS. The Klipsch Custom-3 might be going in the opposite direction of sound that I like, but I hope it retains most of the treble energy of the q-JAYS and mixes it with the midrange/bass of the Shure E500. An upgrade in soundstage from both wouldn't hurt, either.
wink.gif

slwiser has several excellent sources, but it looks as if it will be his first high-end IEM? (just going by his profile) I'm going to presume that slwiser might be the least impressed by these as his inventory includes the venerable Ultrasone Edition 9 and the Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9.

Then there's cn11 with his all-portable setup consisting of a well-rounded Trekstor Vibez and also two of the more recent FOTM IEMs (Future Sonics Atrio m5 and Denon AH-C700). Perhaps the Klipsch will be the next FOTM for him?
wink.gif

Ordering these will be a new experience for gdpeck as he says these are "most expensive earphones or headphones" he has purchased. He probably has the most to gain from giving these a shot.

And finally (at least so far), there's Trager the IEM-aholic whose full story is best told by his signature:
"ER-6i -> ER-4P -> Auditioned Triple.fi #52/1000, didn't like the midrange recession -> ER-4P -> Shure SE310 -> Atrio M5 -> LiveWires (when my Atrios ended up as roadkill, very sad) -> Atrio M5 -> Auditioned q-Jays, thought they were a little too uneven and very finicky with recording quality -> Atrio M5 -> auditioning Denon AH-C700"

It looks like the Atrio m5 is a winner in Trager's book, and with all the news about the excellent bass quality provided by the single-driver Klipsch IMAGE, it is no wonder he is going to give the Custom-3 a shot.

Who else has placed an order?
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #135 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who else has placed an order?
biggrin.gif

Not me. After the Image acquisition - I shall be begging for food in the streets - while listening to music through my headphones of course
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back