Custom-3 announcements and impressions
Nov 29, 2007 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 306

mikeymad

1000+ Head-Fier
Just to welcome the new sponsor and to start a thread that I am interested in.

I would like to have this thread open for announcements in regards to the new Custom-3 IEM.

Cheers,

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 306
Thanks, mikeymad!
We'll keep you updated here, thank you for the thread suggestion! We're waiting anxiously for this product as well...

Dec 4, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 306
I know many Klipsch fans at Head-Fi are anxiously waiting for the release date of Custom 3 personal monitors. I realize it is frustrating not being able to purchase them when the entire line is announced but some models are more complicated than others to create, and Custom 3 is no exception. We have been very busy studying the IEM market and have done our “homework” to determine the critical elements needed for a competitive product that meets Klipsch Sonic Signature. Custom 3 has one of the most advanced crossovers of any headphone product in the marketplace. On top of this there are some very precise micro acoustic parts with a very tight tolerance to insure a consistent product for our customers. These developments are why we at Klipsch are convinced that you the customer will be more than thrilled with the results.

As of today I have personally received our final voicing of the crossover PCB’s made from production hard tooling. We will be analyzing the quality of all the components and will then embark on the final review of our assembly process before we turn the switch on for mass production. We have spent an extraordinary amount of time analyzing the requirements for the sonic response and I am happy to say that Custom 3 represents the essence of what an exceptional IE Headphone should be. IMHO… We hope you will too.
Soon the tables will turn and I will be anxiously awaiting your opinion on the design that we have created.
This is an exciting time for all of us at Klipsch!

Best to all at Head-Fi…

Dec 4, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 306
It wouldn't be a triple driver IEM if it wasn't delayed. Welcome to the club!

No worries, people are used to waiting for triple driver IEM's here.
wink.gif

-Ed

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #5 of 306
Very interesting. A new triple driver IEM. Can't wait to hear it and compare it with my other IEM's.

Dec 4, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #6 of 306
Ooh, now I can't decide between the unobtainable Klipsch triple-driver and the unobtainable Westone one! If I had an unobtanium mine, I'd be rich!
600smile.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #8 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It wouldn't be a triple driver IEM if it wasn't delayed. Welcome to the club!

No worries, people are used to waiting for triple driver IEM's here.
wink.gif

-Ed

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very interesting. A new triple driver IEM. Can't wait to hear it and compare it with my other IEM's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OracleGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, now I can't decide between the unobtainable Klipsch triple-driver and the unobtainable Westone one! If I had an unobtanium mine, I'd be rich!
600smile.gif

Not to rain on everybody's parade, but unless the specifications have changed, the Custom-3 is actually a dual-driver model.

Dec 4, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #9 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to rain on everybody's parade, but unless the specifications have changed, the Custom-3 is actually a dual-driver model.

Peter is correct. This is a two way who thinks it's a triple...

Peter,
Thanks for your comments. You always seem to be at the head of the pack for following my posts.

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #10 of 306
Thanks for clarifying.

If you can actually get it in production then I'll be very tempted. It will certainly sound better than your competitor's non-existent product! :wink:

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #11 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Thump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As of today I have personally received our final voicing of the crossover PCB’s made from production hard tooling. We will be analyzing the quality of all the components and will then embark on the final review of our assembly process before we turn the switch on for mass production. We have spent an extraordinary amount of time analyzing the requirements for the sonic response and I am happy to say that Custom 3 represents the essence of what an exceptional IE Headphone should be. IMHO… We hope you will too.
Soon the tables will turn and I will be anxiously awaiting your opinion on the design that we have created.
This is an exciting time for all of us at Klipsch!

Best to all at Head-Fi…

It may be too early to tell, but are there any ballpark estimates as to when these will be available with its current timetable?

It is understandable if an ETA cannot be made, but I like many others are curious how much longer it could take. How about an ETA as long as nothing goes wrong from this point?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2007 at 11:13 AM Post #12 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It may be too early to tell, but are there any ballpark estimates as to when these will be available with its current timetable?

It is understandable if an ETA cannot be made, but I like many others are curious how much longer it could take. How about an ETA as long as nothing goes wrong from this point?
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi Peter,
Production yield is the primary issue now. Training operators to do the microsurgery needed to build this precision headphone is crutial. We are convinced that the voicing of the crossover is locked and large quantities are made. If some of the parts are placed 0.5 mm off of center registration to the air gasket potential defects can occur. So that is the main concern now. I expect that if everything goes well in the next two weeks that we will have minimal inventory in the first or second week of January. Since the holiday season will slow down any shipping.

Dec 6, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #13 of 306
Quote:

Hi Peter,
Production yield is the primary issue now. Training operators to do the microsurgery needed to build this precision headphone is crutial. We are convinced that the voicing of the crossover is locked and large quantities are made. If some of the parts are placed 0.5 mm off of center registration to the air gasket potential defects can occur. So that is the main concern now. I expect that if everything goes well in the next two weeks that we will have minimal inventory in the first or second week of January. Since the holiday season will slow down any shipping.

wow, thanks for concise reply. Thats admirable.

Dec 6, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #14 of 306
Quote:

Hi Peter,

Excellent. Thanks for keeping us in the know.

Dec 6, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #15 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back