Custom-3 announcements and impressions
Dec 8, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #31 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Advertising laws? Consumer Protection Agencies?.... You're Serious??? I'd think there would be far bigger injustices in the world to be concerned about other than Klipsch's apparent faux pas with names. So at first glance they may be a bit confusing to a Head-Fier (probably not many others though) but a cursory amount of research and it quickly becomes obvious what they actually mean.

Totally serious! Anyway, as i said, ill get over it...its the product that matters anyway, so if it gets good reviews then its fine as they have a competitive price!

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #32 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by navmau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, cos Shure have up to E5 and there is no such thing as a 5 driver IEM (nor do shure have a 4 driver IEM), therefore I didn't think twice about it. However, with Klipsh, it went C1, C2, C3, which would lead any resonable person to think it is 1 driver, 2 drivers and 3 drivers. The other issue with "custom" is just a whole different story, I personally feel it shouldn't be called this, don't know about advertising laws there, but down under, this would probably go to the consumer protection agency as misleading advertising.

Anyhow, now that its too late to change the name, ill get over it and look forward to the reviews on the final products.

I agree with elnero. You choose to read into what C1, C2, C3 meant. Klipsch never represented that these names stood for anything relative to the number of drivers. I mean really, is was this that terrible that people had to come out and criticized them during the first week they have had a sponsored forum here. Before the first page of this thread was done, the alleged misconception was corrected.

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #33 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with elnero. You choose to read into what C1, C2, C3 meant. Klipsch never represented that these names stood for anything relative to the number of drivers. I mean really, is was this that terrible that people had to come out and criticized them during the first week they have had a sponsored forum here. Before the first page of this thread was done, the alleged misconception was corrected.

I have seen this misconception not only on head-fi, which is why I was so vocal about it. I still believe it was an incorrect choice for a name because of the closely related terms in the audio industry (eg. the numbers being used to describe the number of drivers e.g. westone IEMs) and custom being custom IEMs.

I mean, why would they choose these names knowing all well that these terms actually mean something else in the IEM arena!!!

Dec 8, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #34 of 306
Quote:

I have seen this misconception not only on head-fi, which is why I was so vocal about it. I still believe it was an incorrect choice for a name because of the closely related terms in the audio industry (eg. the numbers being used to describe the number of drivers e.g. westone IEMs) and custom being custom IEMs.

I mean, why would they choose these names knowing all well that these terms actually mean something else in the IEM arena!!!

Maybe with 60 posts you might consider being a little less vocal, a little more tolerant and consider the fact that they are a sponsor of this site and as such help keep it going so the rest of us can enjoy it. Nothing wrong with criticism but you are discussing a name for a product that hasn't even been released.

Dec 8, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #35 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe with 60 posts you might consider being a little less vocal, a little more tolerant and consider the fact that they are a sponsor of this site and as such help keep it going so the rest of us can enjoy it. Nothing wrong with criticism but you are discussing a name for a product that hasn't even been released.

The number of posts doesn't have any relationship to my opinion, I could have 100K posts and still have the exact opinion...would you agree with my opinion in that case???

The sponsorship is appreciated, however, it doesn't mean that I have to hold back my opinion or be more tolerant of a company that has been around 60 years, they should know their market well enough by now!

Also, if you read my last 2 posts, I have ALREADY said I am over it and that I am looking forward to the release of the final product...so I think it is you who should now stop on the matter of the product name!!!

Dec 8, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #36 of 306
I actually like how YUIN numbered their earbuds. PK1 = best, PK2 = middleground, and PK3 = budget. The "PK1" just sounds so elite like that.
tongue.gif

I kind of wish it were like that with Klipsch too, but nonetheless it all comes down to sound, not the name. I'm anxious to hear the Klipsch "Best" (C3)!
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #37 of 306
Quote:

The number of posts doesn't have any relationship to my opinion, I could have 100K posts and still have the exact opinion...would you agree with my opinion in that case???

Actually, in this instance, I think the number of posts you have did have a relationship to your opinion.

Dec 8, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #38 of 306
I am looking forward to the release of these new IEM's as well. During the last 2 years of constant travel (which now seems to be over) I have been totally dependent on IEM's for my listening needs. It is great to see a new sponsor on our site and i wish them all the best.

Dec 8, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #39 of 306
I'm in the market for a new IEM and can't wait to hear these. I even have directions to my nearest Klipsch dealer printed out. There's so many contenders: ER4S, Q-Jays, SE530, Custom 3, Westone UM3's, and the upcoming Yuin IEM. I wish I had more money
frown.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #40 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouSpentHowMuch? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in the market for a new IEM and can't wait to hear these. I even have directions to my nearest Klipsch dealer printed out. There's so many contenders: ER4S, Q-Jays, SE530, Custom 3, Westone UM3's, and the upcoming Yuin IEM. I wish I had more money
frown.gif

I would also add the LiveWires if anything else to that list due to it being the most affordable custom IEM out there.

Dec 14, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #43 of 306
Not to be late to the "nomenclature controversy" party, but I think there are two separate issues. In the world of IEMs, the word "custom" has a very specific meaning, which is that ear mold impressions are taken and then a unique earpiece is crafted to fit that ear alone. In that sense, I think the use of "custom" for a universal fit IEM is a bit misleading.

As to the number component, there is no established relationship with the number of drivers for Ety, Shure or UE, so I don't see how Klipsch's use is misleading in anyway.

Cheers,
Phil

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #44 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoPhil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to be late to the "nomenclature controversy" party, but I think there are two separate issues. In the world of IEMs, the word "custom" has a very specific meaning, which is that ear mold impressions are taken and then a unique earpiece is crafted to fit that ear alone. In that sense, I think the use of "custom" for a universal fit IEM is a bit misleading.

As to the number component, there is no established relationship with the number of drivers for Ety, Shure or UE, so I don't see how Klipsch's use is misleading in anyway.

Cheers,
Phil

Totally true, although I think anyone who spends so much cash on earphones will find out that they arent real customs, but still your point is made.

Dec 15, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #45 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really looking forward to the Custom-3's.

Although it's a big shame Klipsch is so hard to find here, I am using the 2.1 Klipsch set for ages and it's still rocking!

I have used the precursor to the 4.1, the v.2-400 for a while now, as well.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back