Custom-3 announcements and impressions
Feb 1, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #106 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For oracle and any other Vancouverites that are interested, you can simply use a mail forwarding service to ship the items you ordered from Klipsch (correct me if I'm wrong Amy). From there, its just a short trip across the border to pick up your items.

The service I use is called "package express", just 2 minutes from the Huntingdon border crossing in Sumas, Washington.

Actually, you would need a US billing address and US issued credit card as well. I'm sorry!

The newsletter sign up can be found here:
Newsletter Signup

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #107 of 306
I hope you guys have a lot of these on hand when you send that email out.

Feb 2, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #108 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you guys have a lot of these on hand when you send that email out.

I think it's going to be very few, actually. Though it seems that they're ramping up production so it should not be too long after this first run that more come.

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #109 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canadians will eventually be able to purchase from London Drugs and Best Buy. I'm sorry I don't have a timetable currently, but from what I understand, the wait shouldn't be long.

I don't think London Drugs carries the Klipsch phones now, although they are definitely a Klipsch dealer for, e.g., home theatre speakers. The same is true for Best Buy AFAIK.

I look forward to the first glowing reviews of the Custom-3 and then possibly picking a pair up locally.

My only request is that Klipsch sets the MSRP equally on both sides of the border!

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #110 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by OracleGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think London Drugs carries the Klipsch phones now, although they are definitely a Klipsch dealer for, e.g., home theatre speakers. The same is true for Best Buy AFAIK.

I look forward to the first glowing reviews of the Custom-3 and then possibly picking a pair up locally.

My only request is that Klipsch sets the MSRP equally on both sides of the border!

+1

If ths MSRP is 1.5x or more than US, I would rather buy from US and willing giveup warranty. Heck, it is very likely that I can get 2 set from US for the price of 1 in Canada.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #111 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by cisland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1

If ths MSRP is 1.5x or more than US, I would rather buy from US and willing giveup warranty. Heck, it is very likely that I can get 2 set from US for the price of 1 in Canada.
rolleyes.gif

What is the rate normally for a product? I don't even know the exchange rate these days. I assumed just about everthing had a different price when the border changed, in any direction for that matter.

Feb 3, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #112 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by pretzelb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the rate normally for a product? I don't even know the exchange rate these days. I assumed just about everthing had a different price when the border changed, in any direction for that matter.

Maybe someone could have better example then this. I tried searching the net, it's around US $480 - $500 to get AKG K701 from (assuming) authorized dealer in Canada.(after tax & shipping). You can get the same thing with headroom for $339.95(shipped to Canada). and not to mention Ebay or head-fi which is even less.

Feb 3, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #113 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by pretzelb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The USD & CND are basically EQUAL right now, yes sometimes the CND will go above, and then the USD will go above but they are essentially equal.

Feb 4, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #114 of 306
This question is for Amy or the Professor only! Will the Custom-3 start selling in Web store today "Monday 2-4-2008"?

Feb 4, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #115 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by cisland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe someone could have better example then this. I tried searching the net, it's around US $480 - $500 to get AKG K701 from (assuming) authorized dealer in Canada.(after tax & shipping). You can get the same thing with headroom for $339.95(shipped to Canada). and not to mention Ebay or head-fi which is even less.

I think manufacturers have finally started to align their prices with the exchange rate. For example Toyota Canada just last week slashed all their sticker prices in Canada.

An AKG dealer price in Canada would likely be more than Headroom because HR discounts certain products below the MSRP to compete with other Internet retailers.

My buddy was in Bellingham, WA yesterday for Super Bowl and stopped at Costco and Best Buy to compare prices (mostly looked at electronics I think). He said everything was pretty much the same as the Canadian prices except booze and butter. You can thank the taxation levels for the difference on those two.

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #116 of 306
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeone-j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This question is for Amy or the Professor only! Will the Custom-3 start selling in Web store today "Monday 2-4-2008"?

I had hoped so, but we are waiting on one small detail. I sincerely hope to see these roll out tomorrow.
I'm sorry about all the delays!

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #118 of 306
Quote:

I had hoped so, but we are waiting on one small detail. I sincerely hope to see these roll out tomorrow.

Thanks for reply and status Amy. I call Klipsch today and talked to Derrick, he should get a raise cause he wouldn't tell me a thing. LOL
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #119 of 306
Quote:

Looks like another day where I keep hitting refresh on the "how to buy" section over at the Klipsch website.

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #120 of 306
Ugh, I'm so sorry guys. Still in a holding pattern.... Trust me, it's the smallest of details and has nothing to do with the product itself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back