Currently have the Beyer dynamic DT 990 pros, looking for another can!
Oct 17, 2012 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

powerdpower

Head-Fier
I absolutely love my 990 pros (250Ohm version) which I have paired with an Asus Xonar DG sound card acting as a DAC, and a FiiO E9 as my amp. I am just looking for something else now. 

I have around 200 dollars to spend. I like ALL types of music, so I like do-it-all headphones.

I have been looking at buying some Fostex T50 RPs and modding them. Or possibly a HD 598... Just something to quench my upgradeitis for a while, and satisfy my wallet at the same time. 
beerchug.gif

Also looking at getting something I can use portable, but that is another want.....

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
I absolutely love my 990 pros (250Ohm version) which I have paired with an Asus Xonar DG sound card acting as a DAC, and a FiiO E9 as my amp. I am just looking for something else now. 
I have around 200 dollars to spend. I like ALL types of music, so I like do-it-all headphones.

I have been looking at buying some Fostex T50 RPs and modding them. Or possibly a HD 598... Just something to quench my upgradeitis for a while, and satisfy my wallet at the same time. 
beerchug.gif

Also looking at getting something I can use portable, but that is another want.....

As you already have open headphone, go for the Fostex T50 RP and modd them.
The Foxtex T50 RP is something I been thinking about getting also.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
I am thinking I will go with some T50 RP's. 

What mods are good? Any one know?

That is quite an extreme path. I have the professionally modded mad dogs and I still don't like them over my denons. I would Highly suggest the D2000s to you as when I owned my DT990s (600ohm) they just made me crave to have my old Denons back. You might have to buy the D2k's used but it's worth it if you want an all arounder.

You can still fully mod the denon Dx000 line as well if you wish.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
That is quite an extreme path. I have the professionally modded mad dogs and I still don't like them over my denons. I would Highly suggest the D2000s to you as when I owned my DT990s (600ohm) they just made me crave to have my old Denons back. You might have to buy the D2k's used but it's worth it if you want an all arounder.

You can still fully mod the denon Dx000 line as well if you wish.

I was also looking into those.... Ill see if I can find them used at a good price.

What kind of a sound sig do they have over the dt 990's?
And do they have a good soundstage? I know they probably won't have as big of a sound stage because the DT 990 is open backed, but still...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back