Crisis with Xintechs & Superdual ?
Jul 13, 2004 at 1:51 PM Post #61 of 107
HI: XIN Makes amps. That is what he does. The production thing seem not to have worked out very well but XIN most likely will go back to making his amps like he use to by himself and continue to make great amps.

Jul 13, 2004 at 2:26 PM Post #62 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: XIN Makes amps. That is what he does. The production thing seem not to have worked out very well but XIN most likely will go back to making his amps like he use to by himself and continue to make great amps.

Unless he is in a financial black hole.

Jul 13, 2004 at 5:27 PM Post #63 of 107
I think it is more than financial problem. It is my understanding that xin sell the Superdual design to xintech. He may not longer able to make it himself due to legal reason. Of course, this is just my guess.

Jul 13, 2004 at 5:44 PM Post #64 of 107
HI: XIN is far from though making new amp. I can't say nothing but a big surprise is on the horizon. You will just have to wait for it.

Jul 13, 2004 at 5:58 PM Post #65 of 107
Another new amp?
basshead.gif

Normally I am all for upgrades, but ANOTHER new amp? I am glad I waited.

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:11 PM Post #66 of 107
ARG... I had no idea the SuperDual had a problem before I posted a short article about it today over at DAPreview. this is most bizarre.. and the Xintechs.com webpage is pretty vague about what the issue is. Xin sent me one to review about a month ago, and it works great. I just checked the serial number and it appears to be a later revision that doesn't have the flaw according to thier website.

I hope things work out the best for him, he was generous in sending me this one to look at. what to do now? No point in doing a full length review if they are shutting down all operations. I really like it too - the SD is most excellent with the ER4P.

Again, Xin, I hope your business can recover.. if not now, maybe later. I am continually impressed with your ability and products. I know you'll be back
smily_headphones1.gif

Austin

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #67 of 107
Jul 13, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #68 of 107
Hot off the Fixup website:

"There'll be three new amps coming.

1) The brand new SuperMono. White or black aluminum case, beautiful. Smaller and thinner than any current portable amps (except my current amps,of course). Users can roll opamps and buffers (including OPA627/637, AD8610, buf634 etc.) to fit their special tastes. Use non-rechargable and rechargable batteries. If rechargable batteries are used, they can be charged inside. 6-24V external power jack for optimal performance at home. Estimated price $199.

2) New SuperMini. Slightly smaller than the current SuperMini. At least 7 beautiful colors, replacable by users. Using 3 AAA batteries, or 6-12V DC jack for better performance at home. $99.

3) New SuperMicro. Like the new SuperMini, jus half the size. Use 1 AAA battery, or 6V DC jack for home. $149.

The SuperMono will be out first, then SuperMini, then SuperMicro."

OK all...any guess as to what a SuperMono would be vs. the SD???

Jul 13, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #70 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine

"There'll be three new amps coming.

1) The brand new SuperMono. White or black aluminum case, beautiful. Smaller and thinner than any current portable amps (except my current amps,of course). Users can roll opamps and buffers (including OPA627/637, AD8610, buf634 etc.) to fit their special tastes. Use non-rechargable and rechargable batteries. If rechargable batteries are used, they can be charged inside. 6-24V external power jack for optimal performance at home. Estimated price $199.

2) New SuperMini. Slightly smaller than the current SuperMini. At least 7 beautiful colors, replacable by users. Using 3 AAA batteries, or 6-12V DC jack for better performance at home. $99.

3) New SuperMicro. Like the new SuperMini, jus half the size. Use 1 AAA battery, or 6V DC jack for home. $149.

The SuperMono will be out first, then SuperMini, then SuperMicro."

Damn ! Xin !!! Slow down..
biggrin.gif

The SuperMono sounds very VERY promising from the feature list..
biggrin.gif

And a brand new SuperMini and SuperMicro..

Go.. Go.. Xin !!

Man, this guy is amazing !!

Jul 13, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #72 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine

The SuperDual used one dual opamp and the SuperMono uses a least 2 opamps (if not 3, for ground) . This is based on what opamps he lists. I'm not actually sure how using mono opamps helps but it seems to give much better stereo seperation and a better soundstage. Having to ability to amp roll is a big plus as well because many people think the ad8610 too bright.

Jul 13, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #73 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
The SuperDual used one dual opamp and the SuperMono uses a least 2 opamps (if not 3, for ground) . This is based on what opamps he lists. I'm not actually sure how using mono opamps helps but it seems to give much better stereo seperation and a better soundstage. Having to ability to amp roll is a big plus as well because many people think the ad8610 too bright.

Sounds like a micro version of the HeadRoom BlockHead...

Dual mono block design.

Waaay cool!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #74 of 107
Well, I'm glad to see Xin's bouncing back from his disappointment... SuperMono sounds nifty, and the separate mono opamps are a feature that I believe was originally planned for the SuperDual, but didn't pan out. Nice to see that he's got plans for the next generation of SuperMini (what is this, v8?) and Micro as well.

Jul 13, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #75 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smriti
It seems there is no end for Xin's creativity. He always comes out with something surprisingly better to amaze us with rocket speed.
wink.gif

He was a rocket scientist.. remember !!
biggrin.gif

The only drawback of his rocket speed innovation is that once you buy something from him new, he would improve it within months and bring out a new revision.. and your investment gets devalued by almost 25%... I guess that is the only drawback of his way of working..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back