Crisis with Xintechs & Superdual ?
Jul 9, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #16 of 107
the charger input has a pin in the middle, unless you truly believe a solid earphone jack can fit in a power input with a pin in the middle..

i agree it's a design flaw and xin probably took that into account, or hopefully

Jul 9, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #17 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
And as I said earlier, if you can't look down at the symbols on the casing and tell the difference, then something is wrong with your eyes.

You're entitled to your opinion. But you could have said user error and not user stupidity. There's no need to call someone stupid.

And I'm entitled to mine. If the design could have been better with a bit more thought then to me it's an error.

No offense to Xin intended.

Jul 9, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
You're entitled to your opinion. But you could have said user error and not user stupidity. There's no need to call someone stupid.

And I'm entitled to mine. If the design could have been better with a bit more thought then to me it's an error.

No offense to Xin intended.

Fair enough. My apologies for using stupidity. I was just frustrated because I had seen the same complaint in another thread, and thought the allegation that "it must be a major design flaw" was a bit ludacris. Still, it doesn't justify the insult. My apologies Penbat.

Jul 9, 2004 at 10:40 PM Post #19 of 107
I too have an SD that needs the upgrade/necessary modification, although I am delighted with the performance of this tiny amp). I emailed XinTech and received a very nice personal response back indicating that I would receive an email personally once the prcedure for making the necessary modifications had been developed and announced. In my thanks back, in which I mentioned that I would have to "suffer" until that time came to pass, I again received a personal response empathizing with my situation! This tells me that someone is paying attention and responding appropriately and personall.

I feel badly for those who are experiencing problems with the SD (yes, it does bear being vigilent and careful even with well-marked inputs and outputs), but I think we need to give this new venture a chance. I am sure that XIn has no interest in his excellent reputation being tarnished or ruined, even by a production company.

Think good and positive thoughts, and lets give this time to get resolved.

Jul 9, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #20 of 107
From the XTI Website(http://www.xintechs.com/) ;

Xin Technologies, Inc. (XTI) will not be accepting any new orders and is halting its commercial operations at this time. All previously processed and existing orders (as of July 7 2004) will be shipped. Technical support will be available through September 30, 2004, and can be reached via techcontact@xintechs.com

As of October 1, 2004, XTI will cease all operations.

Looks like these amps will become collectors items
confused.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 11:29 PM Post #21 of 107
Well, that's the last time I will appeal for patience and understanding. I had such high hopes! For those of you who read my post, never read any of mine again. What do I know????

Not a bloody thing!

Jul 9, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #22 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZTLandis
From the XTI Website(http://www.xintechs.com/) ;

Xin Technologies, Inc. (XTI) will not be accepting any new orders and is halting its commercial operations at this time. All previously processed and existing orders (as of July 7 2004) will be shipped. Technical support will be available through September 30, 2004, and can be reached via techcontact@xintechs.com

Looks like these amps will become collectors items
confused.gif

Well I am sure Xin will roll everything that came out of the SD back into his DIY line. Shame that this didn't last....

I lucked out, my amp was one of the specified SN#'s that doesn't need the upgrade, i'd hate to have to part with this wonderful little amp now.

Scott

Jul 10, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #24 of 107
so is xin ceasing operations forever? or just for a while

Jul 10, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #25 of 107
WOW! What the heck is all of this??!! Am truly wondering if we'll ever get to the bottom of this strange saga. And wierder than all of it is I happen to own one of the five serial number products listed as OK (below 1800) on the Xintechs website. Guess I'll count my lucky stars, charge the little awesome sucker and go off for a spirited M/C ride with my SuperDual driving the system. I do really enjoy this potent device - feel sincerely sorry for any who've had problems with it - and have never plugged it in to the wrong hole (although the charger plug does noticeably not go all the way in to the hole). Good luck to all!!

Jul 10, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #26 of 107
Well -- shoot. This is a major disappointment, although I've already got my order in, so it sounds like I'll still get my amp. It's sad to see that Xintechs didn't work out as a commercial venture. I was a little concerned when Xin first announced that the SuperDual would be commercially mass-produced -- since all of his previous amps were hand-built, I don't know how well his (very elegant) designs would translate to mass-production by less-skilled workers.

At any rate, it looks like they're doing their best to clean up the mess, ship amps to those who already ordered them, and fix the ones that need fixing. I hope that Xin and his partners didn't get burned too badly from a financial standpoint, and I hope the SuperDual design will live on in some form in Xin's line of handmade amps...

Jul 10, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #27 of 107
I am glad that I ordered it earlier. "Ty A. Lasky" @ xintechs told me that my amp will be shipped by middle of next week. After 3 weeks of waiting :p Anyways I hope this problem works out well for xintechs and Dr Xin.

Jul 10, 2004 at 10:01 AM Post #29 of 107
This is what it says at www.xintechs.com:

"Xin Technologies, Inc. (XTI) will not be accepting any new orders and is halting its commercial operations at this time. All previously processed and existing orders (as of July 7 2004) will be shipped. Technical support will be available through September 30, 2004, and can be reached via techcontact@xintechs.com

Manual:
The SuperDual manual is now available in PDF form. Click here to download the file.

Design Modification:
XTI in its initial manufacturing of the SuperDual did find a design modification that improved the sound quality of the system. This became part of the SuperDual design and was implemented on all SuperDual amps shipped with the exception of those that were made before this change. Of course, the modification will be included in all pending amp shipments. If your serial number is less than 04061800 (not including 04061410, 04061412, 04061413, 04061705, 04061706) then your system needs to be updated. Please note that if your serial number is greater than 04061800 (or is not one of 04061410, or 04061412, or 04061413, or 04061705, or 04061706), then you already have the revision (and won't need to do anything). For those who need the upgrade, XTI will provide the upgrade free of charge if it is received before August 15, 2004. You need to send your system back to our address at this link at your own expense and risk. XTI will make the modification and will ship the updated system back to you at no additional charges to you."

Incidentally my SD has burst into life again so i may only have a glitch so i will use it all next week to check it is OK but will have to ship it back anyway for the revision. I wonder if the revision would mean the SD would need to be burnt in again ?

Jul 10, 2004 at 12:24 PM Post #30 of 107
Has anybody heard how long the upgrade is taking? I hope that they can recover from whatever caused them problems. The SuperDual is such a great little amp, it would be a shame if it is not continued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back