Crisis with Xintechs & Superdual ?
Jul 10, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #31 of 107
if people are so worried/lazy? about sitting on their butt and letting their sd burn in again, don't send it back

Jul 10, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #33 of 107
yea they never contacted me, only in the link above did i learn to send the amp in at my disgretion(the link even said at my own risk, the only thing i can think of is, "oops, we never got your amp, sorry goodbye")

if i knew i would have sent it in earlier

Jul 10, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #34 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef
yea they never contacted me, only in the link above did i learn to send the amp in at my disgretion(the link even said at my own risk, the only thing i can think of is, "oops, we never got your amp, sorry goodbye")

if i knew i would have sent it in earlier

I think they are having major organisational problems. You can pick up a few bits of more information from http://www.fixup.net/talk/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4

As Xin says, it seems that out of the blue, operations have been halted by something devastating, some sort of legal problem. I am sure Xin and co are doing all they can but i think they are shell shocked.

The change does give a significant sound improvement and Xin suggests it is worth the hassle of the upgrade.

Jul 10, 2004 at 7:38 PM Post #35 of 107
thanks pen! i'll send it asap

have you done it? how long does it take? i'm leaving for hong kong 25th of july, if he works like larry does, than i'll just get my hopes down

Jul 10, 2004 at 9:30 PM Post #36 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef
thanks pen! i'll send it asap

have you done it? how long does it take? i'm leaving for hong kong 25th of july, if he works like larry does, than i'll just get my hopes down

No doubt about the speed at which Larry works at. Hell I can't even get him to answer an email that is now 3 days old. Very sad...

Jul 11, 2004 at 12:58 AM Post #38 of 107
anyone want to know what is going on should visit fixup.net. xin seem to having problem with xintech's people. I sure hope xin is continous to make SD though. It is such a great amp.

Jul 11, 2004 at 2:42 AM Post #39 of 107
Right now, I'm quite worried about this because I ordered mine on June 29th. I sure hope I see mine soon.

I had sent an email to Xintechs and they said that mine should be shipping the week of the 17th or sometime whereabouts, but after seeing this, I am really quite worried that I won't see mine at all.

Jul 11, 2004 at 10:20 AM Post #40 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
Anyone know exactly what happened?

Seems like an unexpected legal issue came out of nowhere and they are shell shocked.

Jul 11, 2004 at 12:30 PM Post #41 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by penbat
Seems like an unexpected legal issue came out of nowhere and they are shell shocked.

Really, did this come up in their forum? This is truly a shame.
frown.gif
I hope that Dr. Xin can quickly resolve it and get past this mess if this is the case.

Jul 11, 2004 at 12:52 PM Post #43 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Really, did this come up in their forum? This is truly a shame.
frown.gif
I hope that Dr. Xin can quickly resolve it and get past this mess if this is the case.

It was only hinted at. We can only guess the details. I think there is a hope but no certainty that Xin's stuff will be resurrected in some form in the future. He was just working on some SD improvements - charging light for example, when they somehow got zapped.

Maybe Xin is in a big financial hole but that would be pure speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back