crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Aug 29, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #766 of 3,338
Interested in hearing your impressions of the Aroma Audio IEMs! The Witch Girl Pro in particular impressed me.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #767 of 3,338
Interested in hearing what your impressions of the Aroma Audio IEMs. The Witch Girl Pro in particular impressed me.

And Witch Girl W12 too while you're at it :p... the pricing though is a little baffling and a little difficult to understand.

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #770 of 3,338
Ghost edit: Removed A3Hv2 and W900 from the list due to numerous reports of unit variance, whether on storefront demo units or bought units. Not comfortable vouching for something that seems all over the place. AAW revised both models anyways so it shouldn't affect most people too much.

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #771 of 3,338
As per the previous discussion, I thought it was pretty technically capable. I think the argument between the Andro and the CE-5 can go both ways so I decided to just keep them in the same tier.

The lightning dongle (which I personally use on-the-go) is low OI so it displays the Andro's "natural" FR, which is a lower-midrange/bass boosted U-shaped signature. Many also share your sentiments that the Andro in this configuration sounds too veiled/muffled/slow/warm BUT you can take advantage of the Andro's treble-biased impedance curve to use something like an IEMatch to knock down the lower mids/bass a little. The most popular seems to be a 3ohm Z-out but you can experiment with things like the IEMatch to get the sound you want.
agree with you, and andro is little weird(peaky yet soft) on 4kHz, 7.5kHz and 9.5kHz which makes the stage artificially large on some tracks(i ran sine wave, thats why). i heard CE5 has a pretty natural stage

but some may prefer andro

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #773 of 3,338
@crinacle any thoughts on the IMR R1? They should send you a sample.

Aug 31, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #775 of 3,338
@crinacle what are your thoughts on flc 8s vs ibasso it04? Is the flc really that good, and is the price difference between them worth it?
Also have you tried the Fiio FH5?
Cheers.

I personally didn't really like the IT04 but credit where credit is due; it is a good IEM. If they fixed the hollowed feeling in the mids (that was worse in the IT03) then it definitely has the potential to go much higher up the fidelity ladder. I haven't heard the FLC8 in almost a year now; I need another go at it. No FH5 where I am now, unfortunately.

@crinacle any thoughts on the IMR R1? They should send you a sample.

Been a little busy these days but I'll try to shoot them an email.

Aug 31, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #779 of 3,338
I personally didn't really like the IT04 but credit where credit is due; it is a good IEM. If they fixed the hollowed feeling in the mids (that was worse in the IT03) then it definitely has the potential to go much higher up the fidelity ladder. I haven't heard the FLC8 in almost a year now; I need another go at it. No FH5 where I am now, unfortunately.

Been a little busy these days but I'll try to shoot them an email.

They have now launched their upgraded model called flc8n, pehaps you should contact them for the sample.

PS : I think lendmeurears stock them, singapore people are really lucky in this reagard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back