crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Dec 28, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #1,441 of 3,338
Ya seriously. I follow this list very closely as it matches my preferences quite a bit and has proven to be true throughout my purchases. However, I still listen to Planamics very frequently despite crinacle giving it a D.
Seconded, it's kinda nice to have a ranking that matches your preference, makes things much easier.

@crinacle
Will the Noble Khan be ranked in the near future? Also Edit: found it on the subreddit. Only A+ huh.
Curious about the tiering change for the Zeus XRA, do you consider that the non Adel XIV/R models would fall in the same tier?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #1,441 of 3,338
Dupe

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #1,442 of 3,338
Dupe

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #1,443 of 3,338
Seconded, it's kinda nice to have a ranking that matches your preference, makes things much easier.

@crinacle
When the Noble Khan be ranked in the near future? Also curious about the tiering for the Zeus XRA, do you consider that the non Adel XIV/R models would fall in the same tier?
Check his subreddit, he has preliminary rankings.

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #1,444 of 3,338
Hi @crinacle I am quite new in the iem hobby but your list has been a great starting point for me.. I am still hunting around for my first serious and reference pair..

I have my eyes on either the Andro OG or Andro S.. but a friend asked me to try the Prophile 8 and I really like them.. flat frequency response (to my ears), amazing details and instruments separation, very effortless presentation as if there were no box or earphones at all.. I have also tried the Tia Fourte and while they are an excellent pair, they are not exactly my cup of tea..

I think I am somewhat a technicality and mid-head (if there are such terms)..

I am sort of waiting to try the Solaris and the Z1R when they become available locally.. but if i may ask for your opinion, are there other iems that I should give a try based on what I like so far?

Thank you so much.. Cheers!

PS: A price range of $1500 max would be preferable..

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #1,445 of 3,338
Dec 29, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #1,447 of 3,338
i am planning on selling my empire ears legend x, and its so tough to make buying decisions without being able to audition

so here I would like your recs for best of the best price no objection
1- must have great bass something similar to legend x, maybe a tad more controlled
2- must have full rich mids, without being affected by bass, mids must be detailed full and rich
3- must has good details, but not to have any harshness
4- big sound stage
5- musical

I listen to all genres but i am not into classical

my source is AK SE100

any ideas, i am leaning to 64audio trio, but i would like to hear more thoughts

Before I got to the part where you said Trio, I was thinking Trio myself. I may get one, but I'd like to see how the Z1R and Solaris are if I can audition them. If I am unable to audition either one, then I'll pick up the Trio as I have auditioned it and liked it a lot except for the price.

Dec 29, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #1,448 of 3,338
From memory, Trio is more controlled than the Legend X and it doesn't bleed into the mids like I felt the X did. I personally preferred my A12t to the Trio to be honest. I'd recommend the U12t since I know you prefer universals, but I just couldn't get them to sound close to the custom version. I tried several tips and have experience w/ 64 universals, but for some reason, I couldn't get them to match or come close in my opinion.

I agree with your assessment of the differences between the U12t and the A12t. I had issues getting a good seal with the U12t and that was something that was needed or it would sound awful. Only with a good seal, it sounds a lot better, but not close to the A12t which I recently picked up. That's why when someone said that the U12t had weak bass and mids and implied that the A12t would sound the same I laughed at that review. I think it's due to the long nozzle on the U12t and tips slide down easily with a little bit of force when inserting it in your ears which makes it hard to get a good seal. The Trio's nozzle is a lot shorter and doesn't have this problem.

Dec 29, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #1,449 of 3,338
Hi @crinacle I am quite new in the iem hobby but your list has been a great starting point for me.. I am still hunting around for my first serious and reference pair..

I have my eyes on either the Andro OG or Andro S.. but a friend asked me to try the Prophile 8 and I really like them.. flat frequency response (to my ears), amazing details and instruments separation, very effortless presentation as if there were no box or earphones at all.. I have also tried the Tia Fourte and while they are an excellent pair, they are not exactly my cup of tea..

I think I am somewhat a technicality and mid-head (if there are such terms)..

I am sort of waiting to try the Solaris and the Z1R when they become available locally.. but if i may ask for your opinion, are there other iems that I should give a try based on what I like so far?

Thank you so much.. Cheers!

PS: A price range of $1500 max would be preferable..

check out the QDC 8 driver offerings (8SS / 8SH / 8CL and Gemini).

Jan 1, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #1,453 of 3,338
just curious, is Acoustune 1650/1670 added?

It’s on his tentative list. A-/B respectively, and IMO, the 1650 was definitely better than the 1670.

Jan 1, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #1,454 of 3,338
It’s on his tentative list. A-/B respectively, and IMO, the 1650 was definitely better than the 1670.

oh i see, where did u view this tentative list?

idk how to discern which is better between 1650 and 1670 but i do feel that the 1670 sounds smoother while the 1650 comes across more emotional =/

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #1,455 of 3,338
oh i see, where did u view this tentative list?

idk how to discern which is better between 1650 and 1670 but i do feel that the 1670 sounds smoother while the 1650 comes across more emotional =/

https://www.reddit.com/r/inearfidel...official_tentative_ranks_continually_updated/

The 1670 felt bright to me and not particularly enjoyable to listen to... but these are just one person's impressions, so take it with a grain of salt :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (If you prefer the 1670, then I'm not here to tell you that your hearing is wrong or anything!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back