crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jul 18, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #588 of 3,338
@crinacle

Any standouts on your list with a mid-centric signature and bone chilling vocals? (Male and female).

UE18+ 2nd Gen, Kumitate KL-Sirius, InEar SD5, Pears SH3, Vision Ears VE8, FitEar MH/TG334

@crinacle do you have any impression about the Campfire Orion and Brainwavz B400? I've seen your measurement but can't find any impression. Thanks!

P/S: If the Campfire Comet got a C ranking, i'm definitely gonna find and give it a listen.

I'll consolidate all my thoughts and rankings in the near future.

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #589 of 3,338
I'll consolidate all my thoughts and rankings in the near future.

If i may ask, should you have to give AVARA rankings, where will they be? Just curious..

Jul 21, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #591 of 3,338
Jul 22, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #592 of 3,338
Welp, just sold my Campfire Atlas, wasn't for me.

My ranking still goes 1. Earsonics S-EM9 ; incredible tuning, bass texturing is amazing, high freq layering as well. Just wish bass had a tiny bit more tightness. Cheap build...
2. Andro ; No glaring faults, but not the best transparency compared to Earsonics, highs are peakier and less refined. Bass is tighter but less layered, toss up vs em9's, slight edge here I guess.
3. Atlas I guess, just too bassy and hot up high sometimes.

@crinacle Should I just make the jump to Shure KSE1200 or RE2000 Silvers perhaps?

Last edited:
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 22, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #593 of 3,338
Welp, just sold my Campfire Atlas, wasn't for me.

My ranking still goes 1. Earsonics S-EM9 ; incredible tuning, bass texturing is amazing, high freq layering as well. Just wish bass had a tiny bit more tightness. Cheap build...
2. Andro ; No glaring faults, but not the best transparency compared to Earsonics, highs are peakier and less refined. Bass is tighter but less layered, toss up vs em9's, slight edge here I guess.
3. Atlas I guess, just too bassy and hot up high sometimes.

@crinacle Should I just make the jump to Shure KSE1200 or RE2000 Silvers perhaps?

I'm not a big fan of the top end Hifiman dynamics. KSE1500/1200 is very technically competent but I still can't get used to its tone. Anyways, both are rather big-dollar items so at least give them a try before you pull the trigger.

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #596 of 3,338
Crinacle, any brief comments on how one may feel going from Andro to N8?

No A/B comparison so take it with a grain of salt. The obvious differences would be that you'd lose the Andro's sparkle but gain more bass (with the dynamic texturing, of course). Imaging wise, I think the Andro presents a wider stage but the N8 has more depth by virtue of the more natural decay.

Crinacle, do a review on the Sony Just Ear XJE-MH2. There's Japan, Taiwan & Hong Kong to choose from. Beats being in Singapore or Australia.

Pay for my plane ticket :sweat_smile:

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #599 of 3,338
@crinacle between the 64 audio trio and forte, which ones do you think have a closer signature to the CA andromedas?

Sorry, if I can add to this conversation, as an owner of the Andromeda, having recently heard the Trio's, and spent a week with the tia Fourte. The tremble of the Fourte is closer to that of the Andromeda's, the bass of the Trio is closer to the Andromeda.
In general, both of the 64 audio's have a bigger soundstage than the Andromeda, and both have bigger extension in both directions. Details on the Fourte is sparkly, but not so much on the Trio. The bottom end of the Trio is more natural than the Fourte, and to my ears sounds closer to the Andromeda's. Still the Trio bottom end is the best of the three, IMHO.
Cheers.

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #600 of 3,338
Sorry, if I can add to this conversation, as an owner of the Andromeda, having recently heard the Trio's, and spent a week with the tia Fourte. The tremble of the Fourte is closer to that of the Andromeda's, the bass of the Trio is closer to the Andromeda.
In general, both of the 64 audio's have a bigger soundstage than the Andromeda, and both have bigger extension in both directions. Details on the Fourte is sparkly, but not so much on the Trio. The bottom end of the Trio is more natural than the Fourte, and to my ears sounds closer to the Andromeda's. Still the Trio bottom end is the best of the three, IMHO.
Cheers.
Then would you say it is worth it to skip the trio to get the Fourte or is the trio still worth the buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back