crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Oct 22, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #2,416 of 3,338
I too am thankful for this background info on IMR and Bob. So too are a lot of people on an audio server in discord that I am a member of..

Agree with the statement, "why buy from a manufacturer with a shady past (and indirectly encourage such behaviours in the future), when there are so many other socially responsible manufacturers to choose from."

Cheers!

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #2,417 of 3,338
You just keep talking for strange purpose...
Not defending, just saying you and others are taking shortcuts.
If someone has à problem with IMR then they don't buy, but talking bulls*** all the time is a little useless. Kind of thing that does seems hard for some...

If it turns out to be a fiasco like the Trinity one, i'll surely be angry like you. And ask for explanation and reasons to Bob directly. Not just talk on Head-Fi.

Shortcuts? Bulls*** ? What was stated were facts. He and his wife used to co-owned a company that scammed people. Crinacle did the right thing in stating a disclaimer of Bob's previous company for potential new customers to be aware of.
Just because he "changed" now, doesn't wipe away the fact that his previous company scammed people and nothing was done to address that issue. Did Bob ever address that issue to clear his name? Or did he just ignored any questions directed to him on this issue?

Just because you are a fanboy over his products now doesn't mean you should sweep facts under the rug to defend/protect him.

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #2,418 of 3,338
You have to understand that most of the people defending IMR on this conversation (jsmiller58, mrlocoluciano and kdphan) are also individuals that pre-ordered his last IEM, the Rah (which is also another IEM that was always under a "fake discount" and whose "exclusive pre-order" was supposed to end on September 9th but ended up going all the way to October 18th, at least). So they do have cat in this fight, cause if other backers start pulling their money, who knows what can happen.
Like most people, I had no idea who Bob was, and have pre-ordered since the original R1 until the RAH. So far all have been delivered as promised. I’ve taken precaution like everyone else and used a credit card. So far, my experience has been positive so I can only say that much.

My issue is with your original comment as R2 owners being “deaf”. Kinda strange to make a comment as such when you haven’t owned or tried out the R2, isn’t it? Hard to take you seriously when you’re basing someone’s review as your own.

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #2,419 of 3,338
I also said they were morally bankrupt and that wasn't a metaphor like the "deaf" part. Funny enough, with being morally bankrupt you didn't have an issue.
Additionally, yes it is very strange to trust the opinion of one of the most respected and knowledgeable members of this community (and that happens to have similar sound preferences to mine). It is also very strange that I'm not willing to spend $500 on an IEM coming from a company with IMR's background and that happened to had such a glowingly bad review. #twilightzone

PS: @MrLocoLuciano this is a forum and a forum is, by definition, a place of discussion and debate. That's why I keep "talking".

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #2,421 of 3,338
If it turns out to be a fiasco like the Trinity one, i'll surely be angry like you. And ask for explanation and reasons to Bob directly. Not just talk on Head-Fi.

yes, but would you buy from him again when he opened up his third venture? Seriously, I'd like to know how you'd feel about that.

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #2,422 of 3,338
yes, but would you buy from him again when he opened up his third venture? Seriously, I'd like to know how you'd feel about that.
Probably not, but would not come and through my anger talking about things I don't know for Shure.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #2,423 of 3,338
Doubt

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #2,425 of 3,338
Probably not, but would not come and through my anger talking about things I don't know for Shure.

Then the only difference between you and me is that I'm willing to learn from others' losses.

I can understand your defense of Bob. We will never know the whole story and have to use what little is available as consumers. But I understand your argument about there not being any proven facts.

This reminds me a bit of the LH labs situation a while back. Actually it's very similar.

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #2,426 of 3,338
Then the only difference between you and me is that I'm willing to learn from others' losses.

I can understand your defense of Bob. We will never know the whole story and have to use what little is available as consumers. But I understand your argument about there not being any proven facts.

This reminds me a bit of the LH labs situation a while back. Actually it's very similar.

Bob is basically second only to Larry.

Oct 23, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #2,430 of 3,338
This imr things has been interesting. BGgR is the only person I have seen calling him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back