crinacle's IEM FR measurement database
Jan 7, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #61 of 1,335
Yeah, I did a checkthrough and realised that I made measurements for the V1, not the V2. Guess I mixed up my V2 audition session with my V1 measurement session.

I'll try to go back and get the V2 done, but for now my database only has the V1. Apologies to those who got the wrong info.

Please let us know when you get the v2 measured. I will look forward to it.

Could you edit your post in the rhapsodio thread where you post measurements?

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #62 of 1,335
  Here comes Round 3: Customs Galore!

Round 3 favourites: Jomo Samba, Lime Ears Aether

Special thanks to Music Sanctuary for the opportunity to demo and measure all these. Thanks for all the help guys!

Almost forgot to add a disclaimer for 64 Audio demos specifically, all measurements have been done on the APEX M20 module. M15 modules were unavailable at the time.

Please let us know when you get the v2 measured. I will look forward to it.

Could you edit your post in the rhapsodio thread where you post measurements?

Will do.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #63 of 1,335
This thread is full of awesomeness! :)

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #64 of 1,335
Thanks so much for this 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #65 of 1,335
Brainwavz B100

L/R Channel Matching

AudioTools iOS app

Select Comparisons: Brainwavz B100 vs Campfire Audio Orion (w/foamies) vs NuForce HEM2

AudioTools iOS app

Select Comparisons: Brainwavz B100 vs. MEE A161P

AudioTools iOS app

FFT Plot: L vs. R Channel

Spectrum Analyzer

Spectrum Analyzer

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #66 of 1,335
Brainwavz B100

Spectrum Analyzer

Hm, basing off your previous measurements, seems like pink noise + octave smoothing on AudioTools induces a consistent sub-100Hz rolloff. Interesting observations.

The B100 has a surprisingly clean curve. Got any more customs that you're about to measure?

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #67 of 1,335

Hm, basing off your previous measurements, seems like pink noise + octave smoothing on AudioTools induces a consistent sub-100Hz rolloff. Interesting observations.

The B100 has a surprisingly clean curve. Got any more customs that you're about to measure?

Yes. It certainly does look that way. I'm hoping Onyx speeds up adding save & compare features to FFT Plot and Spectrum Analyzer.

I'm going to throw up Brainwavz M100 tonight. I can add UM Maestro v1 and Campfire Orion and Nova soon. Maybe I'll measure some of the more popular FLC8S configurations and put them up, too. And I've got some nice IEM measured in AudioTools that I don't have on hand anymore. I'll put those up, too...

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #72 of 1,335

Why are you guys using pink noise for measurement? Pink noise has low-pass filtering applied to it, it's not suitable for measurement of IEM in my opinion. you'll get better results with white noise or sweep wave.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #73 of 1,335

Why are you guys using pink noise for measurement? Pink noise has low-pass filtering applied to it, it's not suitable for measurement of IEM in my opinion. you'll get better results with white noise or sweep wave.

AudioTools only supports octave smoothing which is more accurate on pink noise AFAIK. On FFT Plot the data input is raw and decale-scaled so white noise is used.

But to address your concerns, all measurements on the first post are all done on FFT Plot with white noise. 

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #74 of 1,335

AudioTools only supports octave smoothing which is more accurate on pink noise AFAIK. On FFT Plot the data input is raw and decale-scaled so white noise is used.

But to address your concerns, all measurements on the first post are all done on FFT Plot with white noise. 

OK, thanks for info. Why not use ARTA then?

Jan 9, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #75 of 1,335

OK, thanks for info. Why not use ARTA then?

The main point of my setup is to have something as portable as possible. Sure I can have a much more advanced rig with more powerful software on PC, but that wouldn't be feasible to bring around to measure gear willy-nilly.

The portability of the IMM-06 and its compatibility with mobile apps does basically the same thing, allowing me to measure up a lot of gear at various audio shops at my convenience. I'm not saying that what I measure will be 100% accurate (hell, nothing is 100% accurate even with all the couplers and standards available on the market) but at least it serves as a valid reference simply by virtue of a large volume of data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back