crinacle's IEM FR measurement database
Jan 14, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #91 of 1,335
Fresh off the coupler:

Due to fit issues with Klipsch and Westone IEMs, I was unable to get any useful data. However, I did manage to get a remeasure of the Zeus-XR (to be updated soon).

Round 4 favourites: Unique Melody Legacy, Rhines Stage 7 (best mids bar none), Noble Audio Savant, Audio Technica ATH-E70

Special thanks to Stereo Singapore for the opportunity. (And Music Sanctuary for the Rhines demos)

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #92 of 1,335
thank you so much for creating this repository !!! most of us here, myself included are not worthy!!

without appearing to be greedy, are there any campfire audio dealers in SG?

in many ways, the popularity of andromeda makes it a good reference point for many!

thanks once again for this

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #94 of 1,335
thank you so much for creating this repository !!! most of us here, myself included are not worthy!!

without appearing to be greedy, are there any campfire audio dealers in SG?

in many ways, the popularity of andromeda makes it a good reference point for many!

thanks once again for this

Yeah, there's a dealer. Been planning to go there for a while, probably soon now that you mentioned it :)

Brainwavz B200

Great work as always :)

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #95 of 1,335
Jan 15, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #96 of 1,335
Jan 15, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #97 of 1,335
smol update but an update nonetheless :) Been back to Zeppelin & Co for a nice bottle of soda and some more measurbating.

Round 5 favourites: Westone W40, Rhapsodio Earth, Rhapsodio Clipper (bass monsters), iBasso IT03

what are you subjective impressions of UM Martian, Oriolus Forsteni and/vs iBasso IT03?

which one did you enjoy moar?

thanks

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #98 of 1,335
smol update but an update nonetheless :) Been back to Zeppelin & Co for a nice bottle of soda and some more measurbating.

Round 5 favourites: Westone W40, Rhapsodio Earth, Rhapsodio Clipper (bass monsters), iBasso IT03

Clipper certainly has moar bass. It's also edgy, with aggressive upper mids.

what are you subjective impressions of UM Martian, Oriolus Forsteni and/vs iBasso IT03?

thanks

I'm curious about this, too. Specifically about IT03 vs Forsteni. Been thinking of buying Forsteni lately, so your thoughts would be of use to me.

I already tried Martian, and it wasn't for me...

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #99 of 1,335

thanks

I'm curious about this, too. Specifically about IT03 vs Forsteni. Been thinking of buying Forsteni lately, so your thoughts would be of use to me.

I already tried Martian, and it wasn't for me...

The Forsteni and the IT03 are both cut from the same cloth. Similar style of bass, similar midrange... the striking difference would be in the upper mids/treble. The Forsteni is slightly more laid back and airy while the IT03 is a little more sparkly, though it's really only apparent when you A/B it extensively. The Forsteni has a slight (and it's really very slight) edge in clarity and detail.

Annoying thing is, the Forsteni has very bad driver flex issues. The MK2 as well. The IT03 thankfully avoids the issue, so that's quite a plus point in iBasso's favour.

The Martian is, at least on a technical level, better than both the Forsteni and the IT03. In terms of flavour though, it's really up to the listener. It has even less sparkle than the Forsteni so it somewhat dabbles into "dark" territory, but not quite. Where the Forsteni and IT03 can be classed as "edgy", the Martian would be considered as smooth, which does increase the enjoyability of vocals and strings very much so. I can't really give too in-depth of a comparison since these impressions are purely based off memory and not an extensive A/B test.

However, my favourite UM IEM still has to go to the Legacy. I love it so much.

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #102 of 1,335
Hi @crinacle what did you think of the KSE1500 subjectively? Any reason it wasn't in your pick of the litter?

Thanks in advance!

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #103 of 1,335
  Hi @crinacle what did you think of the KSE1500 subjectively? Any reason it wasn't in your pick of the litter?

Thanks in advance!

My "Round Favourites" are rather arbitrary and is definitely not an indication of technical performance at all. More of a showcase of the surprises/standouts, like those that were unexpectedly good.

I went into the KSE1500 with high expectations, and yes they were very, very capable. Fast transients, amazing detailing, reference tuning. However it was rather... unfeeling. Boring. Also at the price tag, I couldn't really justify it as a purchase given that my other favourites (Legacy, Samba, Stage 7 etc.) were at least 95% in technicalities while presenting different strengths that outclassed the electrostat at other subjective enjoyments.

As a sort of proof-of-concept though, Shure have done it. If you were to ask me "is there an IEM that's good at everything?" then the KSE1500 (and a notable mention, the K10) would be my answer. However, there's no "wow factor", and I think that's the biggest thing that prevents me from truly loving it.

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #104 of 1,335

My "Round Favourites" are rather arbitrary and is definitely not an indication of technical performance at all. More of a showcase of the surprises/standouts, like those that were unexpectedly good.

I went into the KSE1500 with high expectations, and yes they were very, very capable. Fast transients, amazing detailing, reference tuning. However it was rather... unfeeling. Boring. Also at the price tag, I couldn't really justify it as a purchase given that my other favourites (Legacy, Samba, Stage 7 etc.) were at least 95% in technicalities while presenting different strengths that outclassed the electrostat at other subjective enjoyments.

As a sort of proof-of-concept though, Shure have done it. If you were to ask me "is there an IEM that's good at everything?" then the KSE1500 (and a notable mention, the K10) would be my answer. However, there's no "wow factor", and I think that's the biggest thing that prevents me from truly loving it.

Thanks for your answer! I've been eyeing it for some time, heard it only in Canjam Singapore, it wowed me on detail level alone, but I managed only two songs bcos well there was a queue. Good to know other flagships are of similar calibre.

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #105 of 1,335
Is there any possibility to create and use calibration data in your software/app? Peaks seem to be correctly positioned, but there's a treble roll-off that could be compensated by the software, IMO.
I ventured to take your Westone W20 measurement and do some photoshop.

Yellow is your data while dark yellow/red is my data (calibrated vibro veritas) and the grey is taken from innerfidelity.

Resources:
http://headflux.de/messungen/
http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-measurements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back