Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Dec 28, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #196 of 1,002
Dec 29, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #197 of 1,002
Could the European headfiers do me a favor and let me know when the Super XFi app is available in Europe.
On all Android devices I could borrow it was shown in the Google play store but when you tried to click on it, it said „Your device is not compatible with this version“ translated from the German original „Dein Gerät ist nicht mit dieser Version kompatibel.“ So I guess this means that the app is not available for Europe so far.
If something changes, please let me know. Thank you!!!

Dec 30, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #198 of 1,002
Could the European headfiers do me a favor and let me know when the Super XFi app is available in Europe.
On all Android devices I could borrow it was shown in the Google play store but when you tried to click on it, it said „Your device is not compatible with this version“ translated from the German original „Dein Gerät ist nicht mit dieser Version kompatibel.“ So I guess this means that the app is not available for Europe so far.
If something changes, please let me know. Thank you!!!

one way is to use VPN to "move" your phone to USA or Singapore so that playstore allows the download. Playstore has many free VPN, just install and run one of the popular VPN will do.

Dec 30, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #199 of 1,002
one way is to use VPN to "move" your phone to USA or Singapore so that playstore allows the download. Playstore has many free VPN, just install and run one of the popular VPN will do.

can you say one that works? all are premium to select the right place slow or others. I tried couple proxy, it doesn't see the app in store. so its not working

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #200 of 1,002

Thank you.

can you say one that works? all are premium to select the right place slow or others. I tried couple proxy, it doesn't see the app in store. so its not working

Unfortunately this is the way I understood the posts here too.

Jan 1, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #205 of 1,002
Anyone else finding not enough ILD?

"enough" is relative. imo in traditional headphone speakers the ILD is too much and definitely unnatural. using the bohemian rhapsody intro as an example, there is no way a live show would sound like the way traditional headphones sound. the words are distinctly left ear and right ear. i find this annoying. probably some people really like it and i am sure compared to mono it is "cool." but is definitely artificial sounding. with SXFI there is directional positioning but it is more subtle and it does not overwhelm you like in traditional stereo. if you listen closely you will hear that freddy mercury is singing in your left ear, but since the sound is projected in front of you and not in your head, it is not so obvious. the "galileo, galileo" part comes out very strongly upper left and upper right with SXFI. whether this is "not enough" is up to the preference of each listener but it is definitely more natural.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #206 of 1,002
There is nothing wrong with my rig. For me there is nowhere near the frontal aspect of having a speaker in front of you in a room; if there is for you, great! The crossfeed effect it does have isn't bad, and reminds me much of what I use for standard headphone listening (much more aggressive than typical crossfeed presets). It gets the sound from between the ears to between the eyes.

btw i have found that configuring your PC to play in stereo mode yields the best out of your head sound. it may depend on how the sound is mixed but i have found stereo to yield the best results.

Jan 1, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #207 of 1,002
there's a definite artificial quality to the sound

This I do not understand. Stereo headphones are clearly artificial with their left right left right sound and the in-the-center-of-your-skull sound image, not to mention the comparable lack of depth and richness. Perhaps you are just accustomed to headphone sound vs a live show. If SXFI is artificial than traditional stereo must be totally awful to listen to.

Jan 1, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #208 of 1,002
"enough" is relative. imo in traditional headphone speakers the ILD is too much and definitely unnatural. using the bohemian rhapsody intro as an example, there is no way a live show would sound like the way traditional headphones sound. the words are distinctly left ear and right ear. i find this annoying. probably some people really like it and i am sure compared to mono it is "cool." but is definitely artificial sounding. with SXFI there is directional positioning but it is more subtle and it does not overwhelm you like in traditional stereo. if you listen closely you will hear that freddy mercury is singing in your left ear, but since the sound is projected in front of you and not in your head, it is not so obvious. the "galileo, galileo" part comes out very strongly upper left and upper right with SXFI. whether this is "not enough" is up to the preference of each listener but it is definitely more natural.

I found what I'm noticing: lossy artifacts. With each channel alone, I don't notice anything, but with everything mixed I notice some artifacts in the high treble. Li / Lc and Ri / Rc sound fine, but Li + Rc sounds off. With the SXFi processing off I don't hear anything as noticeable (indeed the lossy version is almost transparent). So something about adding in the contra response is leading to this, but hard to say which domain is the cause. Not sure if it's worth futzing with over just encoding these kinds of tracks with a little more bit rate.

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #209 of 1,002
Asked the Creative team if there is a way to use the Super XFi in Germany while I bought it in Singapore. Here is there answer:

Hi, we are selling the AMP and shipping to only Singapore and the US at the moment. Hence we only have the SXFI App available for download in the Google Play Stores of these two countries.
We do not support or provide warranty for any unauthorized third party seller, as all sales are done direct only from Creative via our online store at https://www.sxfi.com now. We will correspondingly only make the SXFI App available in other countries' Google Play Stores, when we start shipping in those countries.

sxfi-square-1540021336.png
Team from Super X-Fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back