Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Sep 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #46 of 2,345
i think singapore already has it for sale, maybe cos singapore is creative's home country

Sep 27, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #47 of 2,345
I was told by the Creative engineers at Comex that they aim to release the product at the end of September, which is kind of like now.

They haven't sent an email yet regarding the preorder though... Pretty sure it's not on sale in stores yet either.

Sep 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #48 of 2,345
i think its already available for preorder through the SG website

Sep 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #49 of 2,345
i think its already available for preorder through the SG website

Nope.

The preorder is simply just registering your interest through the "notify me" option at the Soundblaster E5 page. The Creative guys confirmed to me that if you did so during Comex weekend (and I think the following weekend), you are entitled to the special preorder price of S$199 when it is ready.

Sep 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #50 of 2,345
oh. did not know that. would have loved to demo it at comex but it was nearing my exams.

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #51 of 2,345
hey ClieOS, which one is better, an iFi audio iDSD nano or a fiio E18?

My friend is asking me for an android compatible USB DAC recommendation and does not wantt to wait for the creative E5

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #52 of 2,345
hey ClieOS, which one is better, an iFi audio iDSD nano or a fiio E18?

My friend is asking me for an android compatible USB DAC recommendation and does not wantt to wait for the creative E5

E18 has better amp section while nano iDSD has better DAC. For overall SQ however, I think they are more or less on the same level. However, the harder the headphone to driver, the more E18 will have the advantage. If it isn't any particularly hard to drive headphone, I'll suggest your friend to pick up the one the has the feature that most appeal to him/her.

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #53 of 2,345
think i will suggest the FiiO E18. His SRH750DJ are known for being hard to drive, around here in Head fi.

P.S. I have been staring at pics of the iDSD for quite a while now, and i wonder how portable it can get. It seems really bulky

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #54 of 2,345
think i will suggest the FiiO E18. His SRH750DJ are known for being hard to drive, around here in Head fi.

P.S. I have been staring at pics of the iDSD for quite a while now, and i wonder how portable it can get. It seems really bulky

Yes, it is not exactly portable due to the blocky design.

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #55 of 2,345
Yes, it is not exactly portable due to the blocky design.

Hiya everyone, iv got a question: I have a creative e1, can it be used as a usb dac on android phones through usb otg? I cant find any info on it or iv missed it. Basically iv tried it &although it does work I.e the sound comes out of my e1 when its connected to my galaxy note 3 via the otg cable but the e1 actually starts charging through the otg cable from my note 3? Or atleast I think it does? The led on the side of the e1 flashes white when it's connected via the otg cable & is switched on. If it switch the e1 off i get a solid white led (while connected via otg cable). What I do know is the battery drains quicker on my note 3 when using the otg cable. Can anyone shine any light on this? Thanks guys

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #56 of 2,345
Hiya everyone, iv got a question: I have a creative e1, can it be used as a usb dac on android phones through usb otg? I cant find any info on it or iv missed it. Basically iv tried it &although it does work I.e the sound comes out of my e1 when its connected to my galaxy note 3 via the otg cable but the e1 actually starts charging through the otg cable from my note 3? Or atleast I think it does? The led on the side of the e1 flashes white when it's connected via the otg cable & is switched on. If it switch the e1 off i get a solid white led (while connected via otg cable). What I do know is the battery drains quicker on my note 3 when using the otg cable. Can anyone shine any light on this? Thanks guys

No, E1 can not be used as Android's USB DAC. You will need at least E3 to have that.

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #58 of 2,345
Huh?? But it worked?? How bizarre. You don't think iv damaged it do u clie?

I just returned the e1 cause I couldn't get it to work via usb otg on my note 3.  There was no difference running the e1 through the 3.5mm jack vs. the dac onboard the note 3.  In fact, since I'm running viper4android on my note 3 it sounded better without the e1 connected.

I'm going to hold out for the e5.  

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #59 of 2,345
Huh?? But it worked?? How bizarre. You don't think iv damaged it do u clie?

It is not designed nor advertised as an USB DAC for Android. If you get it to work, it is probably because of Samsung's own USB driver, not because of Android's default driver. But as Sam L has mentioned, the E1's internal DAC is pretty much low end and not worth the trouble for USB DAC on Android. I'll recommend E3 for the minimum, as the DAC inside is at least pretty good and at least a class better than the one in E1. E1 is more for small Windows tablet and notebook that have bad onboard soundcard.

Oct 2, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #60 of 2,345
It is not designed nor advertised as an USB DAC for Android. If you get it to work, it is probably because of Samsung's own USB driver, not because of Android's default driver. But as Sam L has mentioned, the E1's internal DAC is pretty much low end and not worth the trouble for USB DAC on Android. I'll recommend E3 for the minimum, as the DAC inside is at least pretty good and at least a class better than the one in E1. E1 is more for small Windows tablet and notebook that have bad onboard soundcard.

I just returned the e1 cause I couldn't get it to work via usb otg on my note 3.  There was no difference running the e1 through the 3.5mm jack vs. the dac onboard the note 3.  In fact, since I'm running viper4android on my note 3 it sounded better without the e1 connected.

I'm going to hold out for the e5.  

Anyone want to buy a pretty new creative e1?? :))

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back