Creative Aurvana Live- recabling
Jan 9, 2010 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ziarko1230

New Head-Fier
one of the speakers stopped playing so i need to recable. the think is i dont have any experience with stuff like that so i have few questions. What cable would be good to buy in uk, i dont have much money to spend. Also would be possible to do it at home, i have screwdrivers but nothing else, maybe u have how to guide? the cable is most important though. thanks

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 14
I just did my CALs and it's almost the same as the D1001. The only notable difference is that the back of the ear-cup comes off in the CAL and is held on by two more screws. You need to take the back off anyway to get to where the cable enters.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 14
thanks for replying, yeah ill definitly find that guide helpfull.

could u please tell me what u think about this cable, i think its a bargain at that price so ill probably get it ---> the cabeland also if u could help me pick up the plug ---> neutrik plugs

and when it comes to the final effect id like to have a coloured sleeve if u get what i mean something like on this picture, do you know where i can get sleeves like that for the cable im buying. thanks
Zdj_cie0025.jpg

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 14
i have just bought some Van damme Blue Series Studio Multicolor cable
normal_smile .gif
now i need to pick up an plug which u could help me with please Neutrik
also im looking for sleeves to fit the cable, somethink like on picture
Zdj_cie0025.jpg

now a little bit about the mods -
.fibre stuffing - is this about just filling in the earcup with whats on this picture?
100_2214.jpg

.is it alright for me to cut the cables off before recabling?
.is it worth spending 5pounds on the dynamat?

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 14
i have just bought some Van damme Blue Series Studio Multicolor cable
normal_smile .gif
now i need to pick up an plug which u could help me with please maybe neutrik on ebay?
also im looking for sleeves to fit the cable, somethink like on picture
Zdj_cie0025.jpg

now a little bit about the mods -
.fibre stuffing - is this about just filling in the earcup with whats on this picture?
100_2214.jpg

.is it alright for me to cut the cables off before recabling?
.is it worth spending 5pounds on the dynamat?

THANKS FOR ANSWERING ; )

Jan 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 14
Hey guys question since you have the Aurvanas and I'm thinking of getting them.What do you think of them for whatever genres you listen to? How do they compare for other headphones in the price range, or even just the D1001? Would you say it's better or worse than the denons? Seeing as I could get these for 55 bucks, Im quite interested. I plan on listening to pretty much everything. Are they comfortable? Do they look nice or flimsy in person? Sorry for kinda cutting in, there's very little I could find through a search.

Jan 9, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #9 of 14
55bucks very good price. i bought them for 40pounds which was very cheap and im really satisfied. They are close in headphones if u know what i mean so u will feel them after couple of hours wearing, althought i got used to them and can wear them on 2hours playing css with no problems. The sound it self is amazing me personally listen to rap, and i love the way i hear all the beats. After all im not that person which will explain you how them sounds because im amatour at hi fi, imo u just have to buy them and listen yourself, people say ull like them or just dont like them. If u dont then sennheiser HD505 is the option for you if im wrong correct me because im not in the topic for like year. but that was when i bought them. I think the only bad is the cable, i mean u can use it with no problems just be carufull to dont pull it hardly like i did many times. so yeah take them they are great for my gusst. and people pleasse help me with my questions ill aprriecate it thanks

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #10 of 14
The Aurvana Lives are amazing. You can pretty much throw any kind of music at them and they work it out. They sound pleasant, balanced and reveal detail even in 128 kbps WMAs.

Their main weakness is their cable/cord which is cheap and needs extra isolation for outdoor use. I sowed some ribbon around the top and exposed part of the cable/cord up to where the cable/cord splits up for the earcups, 30 cm I guess. After that I placed isolation tape around it and the extra isolated exposed cable/cord is winter proof. Too bad Creative didn't address that matter...

Jan 10, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #11 of 14
Thanks so much! This further strengthens my choice, seems there's no better option for me at this price.

Question though, how exactly does winter affect the cables? I mean, I know cold can damage the drivers, but the cables as well? I suppose I would invest in recabling as it seems that is their main bottleneck.

Oh and for you are they circumaural or supraaural? I hear conflicting reports =P

Jan 10, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #12 of 14
In rather cold and windy conditions the cable just winds up. It's as if it wants to tie knots in itself, freaky. That really annoyed me.

For my ears, regarding size the Aurvana Lives are just full size. Once around my ears they are the most comfortable headphones I have. On my head they are soft and firm, could be firmer for my taste. Isolation isn't the best, but even with modest volumes they are good. My 6303 works fine with the Aurvana Lives. Soundwise, they are worth it!

Jan 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #13 of 14
earpads themself are comfortable but when it comes to longer using of headphones the bit on your head (N SPIDER; CHANDELIER) i think thats what its called. It will hurt and you will have to take them off for a while at least thats what i did

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #14 of 14
Well In Thailand we are so damn crazy about the Creativ Aurvana Live.
We spent more than the Price of the headphones themself to recable and decorate thenm see the pic :p (the green one TwAg recabled, the brown one Cardas recabled)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back