Creative Aurvana Live! or JVC HA-RX700
Apr 4, 2011 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

peterm

New Head-Fier
I have picked two pairs of student-budget-cans and now I need a little advice, which should I choose. They will be used in an office (with PC or Sony NWZ-A815 as a source) so the less sound they leak - the better. They will also be used for long hours (4-8 daily), so the comfort is also important.

Oh, and I mainly listen to rock / metal.

I would really appreciate any advice or opinion, but please take into account that I can only pick from those two.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 7
I've heard both, and the CAL!'s are miles better in every way, and are extremely comfortable.

They will not let you down.

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
I'd go for the RX700's. Pretty comfy and they sound good with metal/all kinds. (with some Eq tweaks)

Do they need amping? I have E5 just in case :)

Quote:
I've heard both, and the CAL!'s are miles better in every way, and are extremely comfortable.

They will not let you down.

I also wonder, which are of better build quality.

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 7
Tried the RX700 and currently own the CAL!; like what nullstring said, the CAL! are way better than the RX700 (in everything, other than size, and maybe build quality). 

The RX700 is built like a tank, and the CAL! feels a bit like cheap plastic. With gentle use, both would last. 

As for portability, I wouldn't want to carry 9 feet of cables with me with the RX700. I'm not sure which one leaks the most but both leak at a minimum(possibly RX700 leak less). 

CAL! doesn't really need an amp to sound good. They sound great out of my Clip+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back