Creative Aurvana Live! on sale on Amazon for $59.99.
Oct 9, 2011 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Marximus

Headphoneus Supremus
Considering that Tyll Hertsens thinks these sound better than the original Denon D1001 (http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate), I think this is a pretty good deal:
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318168847&sr=8-1

Oct 9, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #2 of 8
Great headphones. For $60 what I bought them for absolutely a great portable phone.. Some Denon D1001s on the cheap.! Good balance smooth  decent bass and comfort. Isolation could be better but not bad. Good all rounder for on the go. I would snap one if someone needs a good portable.

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 8
I had them over a weekend (last weekend, actually) and they do sound great. Perfect for movies, gaming, and bass heavy music (as long as you're not looking for hefty sub-bass). Unfortunately, I had to return them because they weren't really "circumaural" on my ears so I couldn't wear them for more than an hour. I'm still sad about it.

Oct 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Great headphones. For $60 what I bought them for absolutely a great portable phone.. Some Denon D1001s on the cheap.! Good balance smooth  decent bass and comfort. Isolation could be better but not bad. Good all rounder for on the go. I would snap one if someone needs a good portable.

How would you rate them versus your other collection?  I am interested and these look quite a bit more portable than what I've got right now...perfect for airplanes perhaps?

Oct 10, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #7 of 8
These are great phones but the only issue I have with them are the Isolation or the lack there of..It is Ok with music on but you can hear stuff happening around you in lower volume, You need to turn it up to mid to loud in order to drown out side noise. I do have others that isolate better. If sound quality is priority over isolation than these are awesome but if isolation is a must. There are other portables that do a much better job isolating. Otherwise they are worth the money spent and even better at $60. 

Oct 10, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Interesting.  I noticed in Tyll's review that the pads were thicker than the Denons.  I hope that doesn't make them supraaural for me...

@Dsnuts, Thats probably the cause of the lack of isolation. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back