Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Dec 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #202 of 563
There are similarities soundwise but the MDR-1R has a more uneven frequency response. Both have a warm tone but I never liked the bass of the Sony. Pronounced Mid-Bass but sub bass roll off, highs roll off too. Both are very comfortable, the Sony is better built. I like the CAL!2 sound more.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #203 of 563
The CAL! 2 has more bass than the MDR-1R and the highs on the CAL! 2 is more present. 

As for earpads, I tried my DT250 velour pads and it had the usual velour effect. It lowered bass and elevated the highs and mids. I also tried the HM5 pads and I didn't really like the result, I forgot why but after trying a few more earpads I went back to the stock earpads.

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #206 of 563
How are the mids compared to the MDR-1R.. I like the forward mids and the toned down highs on the MDR-1r.. the bass is what I don't like. I have the original CAL and I like the bass on those but I still want more. I'm thinking the CAL 2 would be nice but worried that the mids would be recessed and the highs harsher than the MDR-1r. Are my worries genuine?

Also, comfort wise how are the CAL2 compared to the MDR-1R? MDRs are the most comfortable headphones I've worn!

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #207 of 563
Jozurr can you please provide me a comparison between the first creative aurvana live and the sony mdr 1r? Right now i have the first cals and i just sold my 3rd pair of over ear sennheiser momentums yesterday.... I really loved the sound and the built from the momentums but unfortunately the fit\seal issues annoyed me to the point of not enjoying the music. I am now thinking of getting a pair of mdr 1rs as a replacement for the momentums....

I listen mostly to pop, rock and edm by the way....

Sorry for the trouble m8... :wink:
How are the mids compared to the MDR-1R.. I like the forward mids and the toned down highs on the MDR-1r.. the bass is what I don't like. I have the original CAL and I like the bass on those but I still want more. I'm thinking the CAL 2 would be nice but worried that the mids would be recessed and the highs harsher than the MDR-1r. Are my worries genuine?

Also, comfort wise how are the CAL2 compared to the MDR-1R? MDRs are the most comfortable headphones I've worn!

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #208 of 563

CAL!2s frequency response is more even than the 1R's. The CAL!2 has better bass compared to 1R and is more revealing in the highs. They definately have more to offer around the top. Hard to say if you would like that.
I myself never much liked the 1R's sounding (Weak sub bass, pronounced mid-bass, uneven mids, rolled of highs).
CAL2's are veeeeery comfortable.

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #209 of 563
But the isolation is mediocre on the (from what i read) and that makes them useless foe outside use like the first cals.
For home use only id rather get something like the k550s...
CAL!2s frequency response is more even than the 1R's. The CAL!2 has better bass compared to 1R and is more revealing in the highs. They definately have more to offer around the top. Hard to say if you would like that.
I myself never much liked the 1R's sounding (Weak sub bass, pronounced mid-bass, uneven mids, rolled of highs).
CAL2's are veeeeery comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back