Crack + Speedball vs. Lyr
Jan 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 57
I hear crickets...
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 57
HD650, and I already own the Lyr, which IMO has very, very good synergy with the Senns, particularly with some good NOS tubes. However, I've read so many good things about the Crack + Speedball with this headphone that I'm considering jumping the Schiit ship. The purpose of my post was to elicit opinions from people who have heard both amps. Oh, and I'd be buying a pre-built Crack, not doing it myself.

Jan 31, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 57
I've heard both, and I definitely prefer Senns with the Crack.

(and I'm not just saying that because I'm selling mine...)

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #12 of 57
Quote:
I did a lot of searching here before I bought my Crack, this has come up before although not at length.  Being able to mod/change the amp was a big bonus for me.

I can understand that being a plus for some. Not much of a consideration for me. Tube rolling is about as much modification as I'm willing to get into.

Feb 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #13 of 57
I took the plunge. My Crack + Speedball is on the way. Later this week I'll be able to answer my own question and also stack it up against the Soloist that's still sitting on my desk. My poor aching wallet!!
blink.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #14 of 57
Quote:
I took the plunge. My Crack + Speedball is on the way. Later this week I'll be able to answer my own question and also stack it up against the Soloist that's still sitting on my desk. My poor aching wallet!!
blink.gif

i'm looking forward to hearing your impressions! i'm considering selling my hd650 but i keep reading the crack amp + speedball upgrade make the hd650 more dynamic and even lifts the so-called "veil" (posts i read a long long while back). let us know if it was worth the price compared to the other high-end alternatives around the $600-800 amp bracket compared to other amps.

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #15 of 57
Quote:
blink.gif

I ordered mine on the 25th of Jan still waiting for it to be dispatched (Cant wait!!), I think they are doing a crack shipment this week! I decided to go for the Crack against the Lyr based on the fantastic reviews received about the synergy with the HD650. Let me know your opinions on the lyr vs crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back