Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS!
Feb 17, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #751 of 789
Has anyone managed to use the Aegis with a USB-C connection yet? It's replacing microUSB on new phones (the new Nexus 6P for instance).

I tried a two-cable solution today (microUSB to female USB-A then USB-A to USB-C), but the Aegis didn't light up and the phone showed no signs of a USB connection. Has anyone had any luck?

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #753 of 789
Anyone ever try a power-hack mod on the Aegis, to reduce the power draw or amp volume somehow? I'm not into the engineering side of things, but there are screws on the Aegis, and if a transistor-thingy (professional language, I know) can reduce both, we basically solved all the known problems with it.

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #754 of 789
  Anyone ever try a power-hack mod on the Aegis, to reduce the power draw or amp volume somehow? I'm not into the engineering side of things, but there are screws on the Aegis, and if a transistor-thingy (professional language, I know) can reduce both, we basically solved all the known problems with it.

Except that it would also affect power output, and probably noise floor audibility as well .......

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #755 of 789

Except that it would also affect power output, and probably noise floor audibility as well .......

I don't think anyone here needs that high of a power output for a portable rig (with IEM's), and a mod like this would reduce noise as well - all good, from what I'm seeing. I have way too much hiss anyway with the IEM's I've tried. Is such a mod  possible?

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #756 of 789
  I don't think anyone here needs that high of a power output for a portable rig (with IEM's), and a mod like this would reduce noise as well - all good, from what I'm seeing. Is it possible?

You're making a couple of huge assumptions there.  If the noise floor is optimised for the circuit design at a set out put level - what makes you think that it must drop if you mess with the input power?  If for instance it stays the same, and you drop the power by half or more, you've effectively just raised the noise floor.

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #757 of 789

You're making a couple of huge assumptions there.  If the noise floor is optimised for the circuit design at a set out put level - what makes you think that it must drop if you mess with the input power?  If for instance it stays the same, and you drop the power by half or more, you've effectively just raised the noise floor.

Ah, okay. I didn't know that. Though I have literally no idea what causes the noise floor as well, whether it's input power, output power, or something else entirely; to me these mods are just some sort of magical thing that I don't understand. I'm just guessing here, and hoping some people with much more knowledge of the subject can come to a conclusion about the viability of a hack like this.

What are the chances that the noise floor would stay the same? If it's up in the air, shouldn't a mod be worthwhile to look in to? The leveled noise floor is a problem we don't know for sure to exist.

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #760 of 789
review
https://youtu.be/p3XY1JWpFXs

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #761 of 789
I'm hoping someone can help me. I've been using the Aegis for a while now and love it. With my android I have nothing but amazing experiences with the Aegis' sound, but with my PC it is causing me massive problems.

I can't seem to stop the Aegis sounding distorted with PC audio. I am using Windows 10 and JRiver MC21. I have JRiver set to use the Cozoy ASIO driver, but I get lots of distortion when tracks get busy - orchestral music is unlistenable.

Has anyone come across this problem and do you have a solution?

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #762 of 789
I'm hoping someone can help me. I've been using the Aegis for a while now and love it. With my android I have nothing but amazing experiences with the Aegis' sound, but with my PC it is causing me massive problems.

I can't seem to stop the Aegis sounding distorted with PC audio. I am using Windows 10 and JRiver MC21. I have JRiver set to use the Cozoy ASIO driver, but I get lots of distortion when tracks get busy - orchestral music is unlistenable.

Odd. Have you always had this problem? Mine is on long-term loan to a Canadian friend but tested Aegis with my iPhone and MacBook Pro. Aegis sounded even better with my MacBook Pro than with my iPhone.

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #763 of 789
Odd. Have you always had this problem? Mine is on long-term loan to a Canadian friend but tested Aegis with my iPhone and MacBook Pro. Aegis sounded even better with my MacBook Pro than with my iPhone.

I think it's a new problem, but I can't find anything that's changed. I can get the Aegis to work using DirectSound (ie via Windows system) , but normally going straight to the ASIA driver is better

May 21, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #764 of 789

low buffer value?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back