1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by djscope, Aug 1, 2015.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53
Next

Last
  1. DJScope

Mate! You must have some magical ears if you can hear the output impedance.

2. ClieOS Contributor

Might need to have the ears checked [​IMG]. My measurement shows the output impedance is around 0.4ohm or so.

DJScope likes this.
  3. H20Fidelity Contributor
    ^ I was honestly expecting a higher figure than ClieOS measured, some crazed out 16ohm+ or something along those lines. :p

Cozoy, you make us proud.

4. dallan Contributor

Thanks, that won't work, mainly due to sound quality when using a low impedance iem. I have in that is 8, one is 16, and one is 24. 4 ohm sounds more like it is set up for headphones over 30 ohms.....

5. H20Fidelity Contributor

Please read above, ClieOS has provided the correct output impedance. :)

6. dallan Contributor
    Thanks, I hadn't seen that post when I replied. That sounds more like it. May have to looke int this after all.:wink:

7. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Honestly, after all the recent conversation I pulled out my Aegis this evening attached to a Note 3. With ClieOS' output impedance measurement in mind I confidently plugged in my 11ohm Fidue A83. Apart from some minor background noise this little Aegis can put on a fine show, right up there In sound quality terms.

8. myemaildw
    you can use the dac with earphones just not very sensitive ones. i dont use a single headphone with it. pioneer cx8, flare audio r2a and trinity delta are all fine. all of which are 16 ohms impedance. i dont need any apps and lowest listening is about four notches on iphone with dac.

9. dallan Contributor
    Thanks, it isn't loudness. I find that outputs with higher impedance cause a very thin sound with loss of bass on my eims. Mismatch just doesn't work with them. I have a chord Hugo but with just my iPhone at times I don't want the bulk and that needs the camera kit to work. I assume you can just use a short lightning connector with this and strap it to the iPhone.

10. myemaildw
    ye you use a cable with apple chip in it. mfi, as for bass cozoy aegis reduces bass from iphone internal dac. i always get less bass on cozoy aegis than with iphone internal dac. cozoy aegis has less bass than iphone by about 15 percent. no matter what earphone or headphone i use on cozoy aegis it is alway less bass than iphone.

11. nmatheis Contributor
    Or you could say iPhone adds 15% extra bass for a more consumer-friendly sound :wink_face:

I've noticed that iPhone sounds bassier than a lot of sources, but not higher quality bass. Just more bass.

12. myemaildw

ye i wouldnt know, may be

13. dallan Contributor
    Okay, so you need the camera kit with this too.

14. nmatheis Contributor

Nope

15. ExpatinJapan
    No camera kit needed as Clieos wrote.

Its a great little player.

Some have trouble with the volume with some earphones but is solved by using an app. The stock Apple music app isn't very good anyway :)

And we at www.headpie.blogspot.com are giving one away on 12/31/2015.

:wink:

*sorry for the incoming multi post spam. On a mobile device atm.

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53
Next

Last