COWON Z2 - The complete Review (from Izzi going)
Jul 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #331 of 542
Hi, tomorrow I get my Z2 xD.
I have a question, what kind of cards you use? any MicroSD 32gb? I saw that there are some SDHC.
SDHC = 32GB
SDXC = 64gb

Sorry for my English.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #333 of 542
Quote:
Hi I am new to this site but it seems awesome!

Right i need some advice.... I have been a massive fan of cowon and have owned the s9 for a number of years. I want to upgrade to the z2 but not sure if it is worth the money.

The only thing i really care about is the sound quality - thats why i love the s9.

I have an iphone so not to sure about the whole android thing although im pretty tech savvy to get used to it.

My main question is that - Is the sound better on the z2 to the s9 BBE effects blah blah?

I dont mind installing android apps like neutron or poweramp but are they better than than the default z2 BBE effects (which made the old cowon s9 the best in the market)?

For me it seems weird to shell out £300 pounds on a shell of an mp3 player to have to install android apps. And if there is no improvements in sound why bother...i have an s9 even though its old.

I have a a pretty dam good set of headphones as well to make the most of the quality. (B&W P-5)

Hope somebody gets what i mean???

Nevsie 

In that case, you should keep the S9 and I do have a Cowon Z2. The sound right now is fantastic and though I have experimented with the EQ on it, I have decided in not using any EQ and playing it with a Neutron Player. The reason I bought mine was because I lost my Ipod Touch :frowning2:

The sound is fantastic and I'm flabbergasted that people said they are not getting enough bass response. When I was EQing it hard, I was really getting "fun" music at the expense of some headaches, which I don't entirely mind, because the bass is extremely strong and I'm using a dual armature IEM.

As much as I like bass, I find that I'm not really getting goosebumps if it's too bassy. I want things to be in somewhat moderation. But everyone's tastes are different.

Installing Apps on it isn't a problem anymore. Google Play DOES work but you'll need to put into your hard drive, in the root directory of the device. Once you have it, you WILL be able to get apps like normal.

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #334 of 542
Quote:
In that case, you should keep the S9 and I do have a Cowon Z2. The sound right now is fantastic and though I have experimented with the EQ on it, I have decided in not using any EQ and playing it with a Neutron Player. The reason I bought mine was because I lost my Ipod Touch :frowning2:

The sound is fantastic and I'm flabbergasted that people said they are not getting enough bass response. When I was EQing it hard, I was really getting "fun" music at the expense of some headaches, which I don't entirely mind, because the bass is extremely strong and I'm using a dual armature IEM.

As much as I like bass, I find that I'm not really getting goosebumps if it's too bassy. I want things to be in somewhat moderation. But everyone's tastes are different.

Installing Apps on it isn't a problem anymore. Google Play DOES work but you'll need to put into your hard drive, in the root directory of the device. Once you have it, you WILL be able to get apps like normal.

would you like to share your custom eq, and what iem are you using?:)

Jul 22, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #337 of 542
Quote:

would you like to share your custom eq, and what iem are you using?:)

I'm very flattered that you're asking me for my custom EQ. However I'm not using any EQ right now and I'm only using a Super Fi 5 Professional. I don't know - for me, although bass booming is amazing and "fun" in sound, I haven't yet had goosebumps listening to music with that much bass. It seems that I can only achieve that with no EQ and natural sounding. I'm strange perhaps.

Aug 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #340 of 542
are the EQ settings instant like the J3 or is there a pause like the D3?  I think I might have asked this long time ago -_-

the J3 was really nice with no delay at all--was much easier for me to A-B

$240 for a new Z2 on amazon is not bad at all if you have a microSD card already :D

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #342 of 542
Quote:

Mine patched fine.
Have you found any solutions?

I did. I did a hard reset and then went into recovery mode (!). I reinstalled the update there.

My poor Z2 was having a fever - incredibly hot to the touch and the loading screen was completely frozen. Hard resets would only reset up to the loading screen before stalling.

Terrible experience :frowning2:

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #343 of 542
Quote:

I did. I did a hard reset and then went into recovery mode (!). I reinstalled the update there.

My poor Z2 was having a fever - incredibly hot to the touch and the loading screen was completely frozen. Hard resets would only reset up to the loading screen before stalling.

Terrible experience :frowning2:

Experienced once before when my video hanged, kept loading and cpu seems to be in turbo mode causing it to heat up fast.

Luckily i was able to kill the app in task manager.

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #344 of 542
Quote:
are the EQ settings instant like the J3 or is there a pause like the D3?  I think I might have asked this long time ago -_-

the J3 was really nice with no delay at all--was much easier for me to A-B

$240 for a new Z2 on amazon is not bad at all if you have a microSD card already :D

Unfortunately yes, there was a slight delay when u change the EQ.

If u didn't like that, u could always use third party EQ.
EQ on both poweramp and neutron has no delay.

I wouldn't use the default music player by the way, neutron sounds more detailed and deeper with better musical ambience for me.
But note that BBE settings is global, in a way u can stack it with 3rd party's own EQ.

In another words, u can have BBE's enhancers and EQ working together with 3rd party player's EQ

Aug 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #345 of 542
Hi,

I used a Sansa Clip on my UE Triple.Fi 10 (and sometimes AKG K701). As I tested the headphones on an old Ipod, I decided to get a new MP3 player asap, but i never would buy an Apple^^. 
Now I´m reading on your forum since two days, and decided the new one will definitely be a Cowon. I don´t need Android and other functions beside the MP3-playback, all I want is great sound. In Germany only C2, D3, IAudio10 and Z2 are available, from these the interesting ones are the C2 and Z2.
Almost everyone i read said the C2 and Z2 have ~ the same sound with the Cowon player, so my question is: is the availability of the Neutron player on the Z2 worth more then double the price, half the battery life, and a bigger player in my pocket? Is it a "big" improvement, or do you only hear a slight difference in the first moment when switching from on player to the other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back