Cowon X7 this summer!
Oct 17, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #211 of 380

Quote:
can someone help me buy it from the Korean site and send it to my place? I'd so love a Cowon player with that capacity and battery life. I'd even trade in my X1050 for it. (well, some reservations there, but still...)

I can, but I suggest waiting until it sells officially there.

Oct 17, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #212 of 380

Quote:

I can, but I suggest waiting until it sells officially there.

What does your signature read? lol

The battery life plus the expectable Cowon sq is just too tempting. - Could you check how much shipping would be from Cowon to you to me or if you can ship it directly to an address outside SoKo?
I know, the first of any series usually suffers from some defects before its matured. Still, I WANT THIS SO BAD! Have you read any negative comments/reviews on it?

Oct 17, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #213 of 380
lol I forgot my signature. it is for the Hifiman player that I paid in August... and it is still not in my hands.
mad.gif

And for the X7, it is not released even to testers, so...what you know is all what others know. 

I think shipping from Cowon directly to your place is impossible, but I can ship it to your place if you pay for the shipping.

Edit: I was just checking, and at the Cowon store they are selling the 80/120GB model. Strange, I am yet to see a single review... or maybe it was selling since yesterday and nobody had gotten their hands on them yet.

Oct 17, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #215 of 380
 Originally I had opened a thread asking for recommendations for a DAP and stated my preferences... Well, nywytboy68 recommended me the X7and I asked him some questions about it. I thought I could get more replies if I stated my questions here too. The mentioned thread is at this link btw...

Quote:
nywytboy68 said:

The upcoming Cowon X7,..........it'll sound fantastic, have the BEST battery life of any DAP (or so the announcements claim), a 4.3" resistive screen, according to the specs it's got hardware controls for ff/rew + play/pause + volume rocker, and it tops out @160gb.

The downsides are that the tech seems a bit dated, the capacitive screen is also low res (480X272), and the thing is HUGE and looks like a PDA!!!

Here's a link to the info, so please judge for yourself (I was waiting for this also, but saw the specs and went w/a classic):
Cowon X7

You assume it'll have fantastic sound based on previous Cowons' SQ, right? Plus you said the Ipod 5.5 sounds just as good as the J3, so it could also be considered to have equally "fantastic" SQ as the X7?

The HDDs on both machines are big enough and both have 5 band parametric EQ. So my three priorities -SQ, capacity and EQ- are equally good on both machines.

The only thing X7 seems to have over the Ipod 5.5 is the longer battery life and longer warranty period. 

I think I would go for it if it wasn't such huge. I couldn't care less about it's screen resolution; even if it was 1920x1280 I wouldn't put videos on it anyway. I could still go for it, I'm not sure.

I don't know much about the "amoled" and "resistive" screen thing. Does it mean the menus will be sluggish and not work fluidly like the Ipod Touchs menus? Everyone on the X7 thread seems disappionted by the "resistive screen"; what were people expecting and what do you mean by "dated tech" ?

Also, any other brands soon to release a device that I may want to wait for?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Oct 17, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #216 of 380

Quote:

I don't know much about the "amoled" and "resistive" screen thing. Does it mean the menus will be sluggish and not work fluidly like the Ipod Touchs menus? Everyone on the X7 thread seems disappionted by the "resistive screen"; what were people expecting and what do you mean by "dated tech" ?

Amoled is a very good kind of screens from Samsung. These screens are top notch and are famous for the vibrant colors and good details.
As it matter the kind touching technology there are 2 kinds. Resistive (uses pressure sensors),
and capacitive (electromagnetic sensors). Capacitive is newer, more expensive more accurate and more responsive screen. I have a nokia 5530 and i am satisfied with my resistive screen. Maybe because i never used the other technology.
So it depents on the money you  give for the device and how much you prefer the capacitive screen. If you pay 500$ for a device you. your right to want top notch screen.

About the new realeases.. Every company releases at least 1 new device every year. So you can't always follow the trend.

Oct 17, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #217 of 380
Answers below:

Quote:
 Originally I had opened a thread asking for recommendations for a DAP and stated my preferences... Well, nywytboy68 recommended me the X7and I asked him some questions about it. I thought I could get more replies if I stated my questions here too. The mentioned thread is at this link btw...

You assume it'll have fantastic sound based on previous Cowons' SQ, right? Plus you said the Ipod 5.5 sounds just as good as the J3, so it could also be considered to have equally "fantastic" SQ as the X7?

I said that the iPod 5.5G sounds as good as any Cowon when Rockboxed. That goes for any Sansa or Sony as well(Sony's don't do Rockbox BTW). Rockbox FW is the great equalizer. The X7 is better right out the box for it's sound settings & EQ, and the fact is does video on a larger screen, same as the S9 & J3.

The HDDs on both machines are big enough and both have 5 band parametric EQ. So my three priorities -SQ, capacity and EQ- are equally good on both machines.

Nope, the iPod does NOT have a stock parametric EQ, and the X7 is actually better in SQ (again, stock - Rockbox is the equalizing factor), battery life, and  video performance.

The only thing X7 seems to have over the Ipod 5.5 is the longer battery life and longer warranty period.

Not what I've said, and your rearranging what I HAVE said. Read above. And the warranty on a 5.5G ATM will be most likely 90 days, as it'd be a refurb (or way overpriced if still new).

I think I would go for it if it wasn't such huge. I couldn't care less about it's screen resolution; even if it was 1920x1280 I wouldn't put videos on it anyway. I could still go for it, I'm not sure.

Resistive means you need to press the screen, capacitive means the screen responds to the electricity in the skin, and AMOLED (Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode)- do a Google and find more info so you can have a better grasp of the tech.

And the X7 may or may not be as responsive as the J3, and the J3 is about as responsive as the iPod touch, but it's not out yet so I have no final answer for you.

Not that I know of, and Sony is a disappointing lot so I wouldn't recommend waiting for any Walkman device - it never seems to be released outside of Japan - major FAIL.

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #218 of 380

Quote:
alright. how much would it come out at if you bought it, had Cowon ship it to your address and then shipped it to mine? Can you tell by what they write on their site whether or not there are other display languages than Korean? Google translator would not translate that part of the site.

Yes, I would also like a kind Korean or some other kind person who knows Korean could check

- If the site can become fully English
- If they will ship internationally
- If the white is the only color 160 GB version is available in  (http://shop.cowon.com/goods_list.php?Index=400)

Also, there are no preview videos of X7, right?

Just as tohni I am strongly considering asking a Korean friend to buy&ship it to me.

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #219 of 380
I am not sure, if this site is O.K.: http://www.exportprive.com/cowon-players-c-72_1024_1191.html?page=5&sort=2a

I never bought something from there. Try to find somebody in this forum, who already bought something from this shop, before you buy.

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #221 of 380

Quote:
I am not sure, if this site is O.K.: http://www.exportprive.com/cowon-players-c-72_1024_1191.html?page=5&sort=2a

I never bought something from there. Try to find somebody in this forum, who already bought something from this shop, before you buy.

Wow! That site looks authentic, but surely I will open a fresh thread right away to ask if anyone knows the site.

They provide 2 addresses:

EXPORT PRIVE LTD.
11th Floor, AXA Centre
151 Gloucester Road,
Wanchai, Hong Kong

EXPORT PRIVE LTD.
F-1002, Daewoo Trump World
Suseong gu, Dusan Dong
Daegu, South Korea

Maybe someone who lives near there knows the shops too.

If they are authentic, I might be the first one to write a review on Head-fi. However X7 is really huge and that's what really worries me. I watched a few videos related to the V5 and it looks quite huge. The dimensions of X7 are SO CLOSE to that of V5. It wories me...

EDIT: Here's the thread concerning this issue.

Oct 18, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #222 of 380

Quote:
serious site

you can trust

J3 to France in 8 days
atsmile.gif

Very nice, what a quick response
smily_headphones1.gif
. I will try it out when the D3 is out, or (who knows) the X7.

Quote:
Wow! That site looks authentic, but surely I will open a fresh thread right away to ask if anyone knows the site.

They provide 2 addresses:

EXPORT PRIVE LTD.
11th Floor, AXA Centre
151 Gloucester Road,
Wanchai, Hong Kong

EXPORT PRIVE LTD.
F-1002, Daewoo Trump World
Suseong gu, Dusan Dong
Daegu, South Korea

Maybe someone who lives near there knows the shops too.

If they are authentic, I might be the first one to write a review on Head-fi. However X7 is really huge and that's what really worries me. I watched a few videos related to the V5 and it looks quite huge. The dimensions of X7 are SO CLOSE to that of V5. It wories me...

EDIT: Here's the thread concerning this issue.

Seems authentic to me, the only reason I never bought from there is, that there is no support for paypal, but this is long ago.... Maybe they changed it.

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #223 of 380
There's people from AnythingButiPod.com that order from there, as well as iAudiophile.net - all they have to say is good about the site. Export Prive might be slightly more expensive, but the place is on the up & up.

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #225 of 380

Quote:
There's people from AnythingButiPod.com that order from there, as well as iAudiophile.net - all they have to say is good about the site. Export Prive might be slightly more expensive, but the place is on the up & up.

Preview videos of X7 finally appeared on Youtube. Just search for " Cowon HDD TYPE MP3 X7 " 

I was mostly worried about the responsiveness of the resistive screen and the size of the device. Please tell me your impressions of the device if you watch the videos....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back