Cowon X7 this summer!
Oct 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #243 of 380
I may have to exchange it then, this thing is a bloody snail. I can't even scroll through the songs on the device, it's horrid.

EDIT: Just an update,....I just went to use the classic and the UI was responsive as all heck!!! Do you think the OS was scanning the files for faster searching and such? Wow,....guess I'll be keeping it after all, I do like it.

OK, back to the topic at hand: Cowon X7!!!
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Hmm all the Classics I've used have been O.K. 

Quote:
Yours might be bad because every classic I've used: from store units to friends' units have been fast and responsive.

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #249 of 380
I think there might be some confusion about the X7 UI being slow - I've been lucky enough to have a go on one in the UK last week and I didn't find it to be sluggish and the response from the touch screen was fairly responsive too (I was swiping the screen left and right to change tracks with ease for example).

I think I'll probably get one of these to replace my Creative Zen Vision M 60GB as it's crying out for the retirement home (you want to talk about a sluggish player - mine takes about a minute to turn on a load a menu...I still do love my ZVM though...even if it is an archaic beast lol)

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #250 of 380

Quote:
I think there might be some confusion about the X7 UI being slow - I've been lucky enough to have a go on one in the UK last week and I didn't find it to be sluggish and the response from the touch screen was fairly responsive too (I was swiping the screen left and right to change tracks with ease for example).

I think I'll probably get one of these to replace my Creative Zen Vision M 60GB as it's crying out for the retirement home (you want to talk about a sluggish player - mine takes about a minute to turn on a load a menu...I still do love my ZVM though...even if it is an archaic beast lol)

Thanks for sharing your experience. I wonder how you could get your hands on an X7 in the UK, for advancedmp3player.com (based in the UK) just replied my e-mail telling me that "Cowon are yet to provide an official UK release date so at the moment we are estimating mid-to-late November; although we're hoping that it will be sooner rather than later."  

Oct 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #252 of 380
Oct 26, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #253 of 380
OH POOP!!! Now I'm gonna get buyers remorse. Anyone wanna buy my Cowon J3 + 16gb micro SD card + silicon skin? $300 USD!!! PM me and it's YOURS!!!

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #255 of 380
just curious, how does the cowon x7's size/dimensions compare to lets say an iphone?  like, how many inches more widht/height/thickness?

this thing is looking pretty sweet but based on the pictures i've seen, i think it kinda looks huge.

i  hope it's nice and pocketable
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back