Cowon X7 this summer!
Oct 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #197 of 380
I got my murse ready (Man Purse) to carry this baby in - and I'll still be putting a case on it.

COWON X7 160GB: 339000 South Korean won = 303.5731 US dollars
COWON X7 120GB: 299000 South Korean won = 267.7533 US dollars
COWON X7 80GB: 249000 South Korean won = 222.9785 US dollars
The 160gb beast shall be mine,................MUaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
L3000.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #200 of 380

Over thinking can often times prevent or eliminate buyers remorse. But, you'll still end up w/a bad case of it anyways - so is the audio-fanatic's lifestyle. You'se a Head-Fi'er now, enjoy it!!!
Quote:
I like to over-think things
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #201 of 380
If this is available in the US within the next couple of months I will buy the big one no questions asked.  I've always wanted to try a Cowon, but the J3 doesn't fit my needs well enough to risk the Mac/Cowon issues.  With a battery life and storage like the X7, if it retains the Cowon's legendary sound quality I will jump in with both feet.

Oct 13, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #202 of 380
Yeap i agree with you all. I consider this price range as decent.
It was made for people who complain about storage. I have seen a many around who want so much storage.
Actually i started thinking my self switching from j3 to x7 but then again you lose portability, the 7 months of knowledge base and the liability of flash memory.
I dont know how the Hard drive will cope up and the only positive i see is the huge battery lifetime.
But then again j3's is very decent too.

Opinions?
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #203 of 380

Quote:
Yeap i agree with you all. I consider this price range as decent.
It was made for people who complain about storage. I have seen a many around who want so much storage.
Actually i started thinking my self switching from j3 to x7 but then again you lose portability, the 7 months of knowledge base and the liability of flash memory.
I dont know how the Hard drive will cope up and the only positive i see is the huge battery lifetime.
But then again j3's is very decent too.

Opinions?
beerchug.gif

My opinion, for me, is that the market has drifted so that you can get a good workout player such as the Nano or Clip or go for a compromised 64ish gb player that is middle of the road.  I only say this because a lot of people interested in 64gb players, either the touch or a sd card ready 32gb device, have lossless libraries that take up more space, even worse is the standard 32gb.  I wouldn't mind seeing some competition to the zune 120 or apple 160.  Basically the J3 is still slightly too big for me to consider it for workouts, and that is just me, but with the X7 I would gladly consider it as something that could hold everything and I could take it on flights or stick it in a large cargo pocket/pack for lesser activites.  This is all form factor only and I hate armbands.  For what it's worth I would go for Apple's classic too if it's screen was as big as the X7(a few movies with the space I don't use for audio) and it supported a nice EQ.

Oct 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #204 of 380
Eh, I got tired of waiting - so I ordered a classic instead. The EQ isn't as good as a Cowon, but it's got a nice clean HP out, so I'll be good w/it.

Cowon, you slow, you blow.

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #206 of 380
Cowon does MTP and MSC, so you can browse on this via folders or tags. The O2 and V5 are folder only tho (MSC), so this is a step up from that (in that regards).

Oct 16, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #207 of 380
so w\in a standard cowon player UI \ OS (and we presume this is) i can choose to play a folder AND  all the subfolders easily w\out making a playlist
ALSO, to clarify I can browse THROUGH THE UI\player and see the drag and dropped folder structure?

Oct 17, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #209 of 380
Yup, the X7 will do all of that, same as my D2 and J3.

Quote:
so w\in a standard cowon player UI \ OS (and we presume this is) i can choose to play a folder AND  all the subfolders easily w\out making a playlist
ALSO, to clarify I can browse THROUGH THE UI\player and see the drag and dropped folder structure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back