Cowon Plenue R2
Jan 24, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #271 of 296
I just got a Hifiman HE400se. When i rotate the plug in the R2 the music stops and i have to push the play button again. Is that a known issue with some Headphones or is there something wrong with mine? Thanks...

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #272 of 296
I just got a Hifiman HE400se. When i rotate the plug in the R2 the music stops and i have to push the play button again. Is that a known issue with some Headphones or is there something wrong with mine? Thanks...
That's not normal.

Does same issue occur with other headphones plugged into R2?

No: you might have a faulty headphone cable. Or R2 might have issues with TRRS mic cable if that's what you got. Try another cable if possible.

Yes: try disabling optical output in Settings if this issue happens with 3.5mm output.

Jan 24, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #273 of 296
That's not normal.

Does same issue occur with other headphones plugged into R2?

No: you might have a faulty headphone cable. Or R2 might have issues with TRRS mic cable if that's what you got. Try another cable if possible.

Yes: try disabling optical output in Settings if this issue happens with 3.5mm output.

I didnt have issues with other headphones/iems before and i dont have a second cable. But oddly it seems to be ok now...

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #274 of 296
It's a shame actually, the Plenue line is a great line of DAP's. My first real DAP was the Plenue 1, but i think they're getting behind, in terms of mostly updating their UI, just a little polish, i like that they're Linux based and i don't care about android and streaming personally, but a good bluetooth (at least 4.2) would help greatly. Cowon is focusing more on wireless IEM's right now.

I was eyeing the R2 too, if only it was 4.4, that was the deal breaker for me.

I got the Plenue D too, still using it constantly since i bought then 5 years ago too. I love the character of this little fella, i actually sold the P1 and kept the PD. I didn't liked the sound signature of the P1 in the long run for my taste and the battery was too short, so i bought a Sony WM1A, also Linux based and have great synergy with my headphones, which all are on the warm side. I always leave the "Maestro" preset on on the PD, they make my headphones livelier and on my FiiO FH3, they open up the soundstage quite a bit.

I hope to see new DAP's from Cowon.
Oh Yeah, I understand You, Sony sound signature is lovely. WM1A was my dream but then I suddenly crashed to ZX300 and I decided to stay with it. Flagship is too demanding for me (money and headphones).

I hope too for Cowon to stay in bussines, love their JetEffect EQ, design phylosophy, clean Linux with easy to use UI and battery lasting so loooong :-D
Fingers crossed for Plenue J2, as long time user of Cowon J3 I think this shape is best for portable use.

Jan 30, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #276 of 296
Jan 30, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #277 of 296
Jan 30, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #278 of 296
I owned a lot of Cowon players since 2008 and never had a single issue with anyone of them, I might be lucky. But if you don't abuse them, they are going to last long really long.

And one more thing, I regularly update my library adding new albums by connecting it to my computer.

With FiiO M11 Pro, when you open folders it takes a lot of time to load all those folders. It's the same with my Android mobile too. But with Cowon players, it's instant super fast.

I still use my PM2 more than M11 Pro.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #279 of 296
I owned a lot of Cowon players since 2008 and never had a single issue with anyone of them, I might be lucky. But if you don't abuse them, they are going to last long really long.

And one more thing, I regularly update my library adding new albums by connecting it to my computer.

With FiiO M11 Pro, when you open folders it takes a lot of time to load all those folders. It's the same with my Android mobile too. But with Cowon players, it's instant super fast.

I still use my PM2 more than M11 Pro.
Bought the Cowon D player in 2007 and then the D2 a year later. Both still works.

Attachments

• 11189289.gif
    11189289.gif
    172.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 418Ci2SQpmL._AC_.jpg
    418Ci2SQpmL._AC_.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 31, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #280 of 296
Bought the Cowon D player in 2007 and then the D2 a year later. Both still works.
Wow.

I bought Cowon C in 2008 and a year later D2. I used to have both until a few years ago but gave them to my nephews.
They were so tiny but sounded so good, better than Sony A series players.

I really wish Cowon would release Plenue S2 or L2 with Bluetooth.

Jul 25, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #281 of 296
Hey guys!

Is anyone using a 512 GB micro SD on this R2? I know 256 is supposed to be the limit but I saw a couple of posts mentioning a 512. Can a 512 card be used reliably? (I only browse my music in folder view)

Thanks!

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #282 of 296
Wow.

I bought Cowon C in 2008 and a year later D2. I used to have both until a few years ago but gave them to my nephews.
They were so tiny but sounded so good, better than Sony A series players.

I really wish Cowon would release Plenue S2 or L2 with Bluetooth.
I think dap's bluetooth hardware update is too slow, there is no actually the same, I just hope cowon can add wifi so that I can not use the cable for transmission, in addition I prefer the player and phone combination, so I can listen to both high-fidelity music, but also listen to anything I need to hear on the phone.

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #283 of 296
Hey guys!

Is anyone using a 512 GB micro SD on this R2? I know 256 is supposed to be the limit but I saw a couple of posts mentioning a 512. Can a 512 card be used reliably? (I only browse my music in folder view)

Thanks!
I also want to know if 512GB or 1TB are supported and if they will work properly on cowon.

Jul 26, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #284 of 296
Hey guys!

Thanks!

I also want to know if 512GB or 1TB are supported and if they will work properly on cowon.
Just read the thread. It's all here already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back