Cowon Plenue R2
Aug 1, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #286 of 296
Well, I did and only one person tried from what I've read. And his card died not too long after.

I wanted to know if more people used a 512 GB in their R2 for a longer time before actually buying one (these aren't that cheap).
I've been using a 400GB card for over a year.

Jan 29, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #287 of 296
Hello.
I want to ask everyone.
I'm not satisfied with the version of the bluetooth 3 module in this player!
Is it possible to replace this module on the electronic board with a version 5 module?
Has anyone already done this?
I don't think it will be very difficult to do that.
The main thing is to find a bluetooth 5 module suitable for this!

Jan 30, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #288 of 296
Huh, I didn't heard about such operations with Cowon Players. AFAIK internal structure is one board with all chips soldered on it. Maybe with knowledge and suitable equipment it can be done, but problem would be also on the firmware side.

Jan 30, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #289 of 296
I'm not satisfied with the version of the bluetooth 3 module in this player!
I bought a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver on Amazon for about $25: it's the YMOO B06T1.

You can plug it in the 3.5mm port and it has many Bluetooth codecs up to Aptx HD. It has to be charged separately of course but it's a welcome upgrade if you really need Bluetooth 5.2.

Jan 30, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #292 of 296
@nike01, oh I understood what you meant! I'm just giving you an alternative as I'm not sure modifying the insides of the player is actually possible.
Indeed! Unless he would like to break it?! :darthsmile:

Better to use it as it is, or just sell it on.

Jan 30, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #293 of 296
I don’t like the option at all, in which a rather large appendage will hang on the player during use in the form of a bluetooth adapter almost the same size as the player itself. Therefore, if I knew what part you need to buy and know the place on the electronic board where you need to solder this module, then I would definitely do it. There are internal photos of the electronic boards of this player here on the forum. Maybe someone can point out in these photos where the bluetooth module is located? What exactly needs to be replaced?

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #294 of 296
I don’t like the option at all, in which a rather large appendage will hang on the player during use in the form of a bluetooth adapter almost the same size as the player itself.
I know it's not very elegant but the bluetooth adapter is much smaller than the Plenue R2. Anyway, I don't use Bluetooth much. I just got it because it was cheap and "just in case" I need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back