Cowon Plenue P1
Dec 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #1,831 of 2,974
Oh yeah if you're planning on selling the AK it makes sense. From what the other guy here posted a while back the P1 sounds better (to him) than the AK I believe.. I thought you were only getting it as a source to Mojo, despite having other sources.

Do you know how the EQ of the AK works with Hugo? If it is the same as with the P1, then there shouldn't be an issue with P1's EQ and Mojo (by indirect logic).

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #1,832 of 2,974
A quick question, while mostly happy with my P1 I get glitches in the sound about 50% of the time while changing volume.  Is this a known bug and does the new firmware do anything to address it?  Thanks.

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,833 of 2,974
I get the same glitch when I change volume and the move from 2.14 to 2.15 made no difference... personally I only find it a minor irritation as I tend to set the volume (and EQ) for album or gig and then leave alone

Dec 31, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #1,835 of 2,974
I have no issue with that either.

P1 is indeed a great DAP/DAC and makes even the most modest Iems seem pretty darned good. But yep, oh the battery. I'm getting about 6 hours out of it before it looks on its last legs. Never mind. A small price to pay imo.

One other thing.
It might have been said but what are people's generally preferred Eq settings? I agree with Nic - no setting is a bit dull.

Also, is there any way you can tweak a preferred preset (like Dance for example) by importing one of them into one of the 4 User options and adjusting within?

Jan 1, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #1,836 of 2,974
Hi, new member here.

I've had a Plenue 1 for a few motnhs now, and I decided to start to try and address some of the knonw shortfalls of this great sounding player. I've come up with a few things other members might appreciate.

I now listen to all my music on this great machine, so one of the things that concerned me was getting Favorite lists stranded on the player. I did some rumamging around, and found the obvious storage location that the player uses. Its a SQLite3 database. You can find it at:

/Plenue1/System/.TAGDB/tag.db

I backup this database to my PC on every connection, and currently work with the PC copy. Using SQLiteStudio, I now have full offline access to the favorite lists I have created on the Plenue. This SQL query will extract all tracks, for all favorite lists:

select e.group_name As Favorite, a.audio_title as Track, d.album_name as Album, a.file_name as File, c.artist_name as Artist from audio a, favorite_song b, artist c, album d, favorite_group e where b.audio_id=a.audio_id and a.artist_id=c.artist_id and a.album_id=d.album_id and b.group_id = e.group_id order by e.group_name, d.album_name

To use this query, you start SQLiteStudio, and open an offline copy database file. From the Tools menu, select Open SQL Editor. Then, paste the above query into the top right hand pane (it should be the SQL tab), and then hit F9. Voila. You can export the lsiting to CSV, or text of whatever. I haven't opimised this query - it just works, and that should be good enough for most people's purposes. This sort of offline querying is perfectly safe, and will not break anything.

Now, in theory (and I emphasise in theory), it may be possible to update the tables using this tool - which obviously gives rise to the possibility of importing playlists. I'll try and give it a bash over the coming weeks, and see if it is possible to update the database directly whilst connected in USB mode. Unoftunately, I'm heavily into exams mode at the moment, so I don't have a lot of time to play with this but I'll see if I can squeeze it in.

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #1,837 of 2,974
One other thing.
It might have been said but what are people's generally preferred Eq settings? I agree with Nic - no setting is a bit dull.

Also, is there any way you can tweak a preferred preset (like Dance for example) by importing one of them into one of the 4 User options and adjusting within?

For me, Headphone and Headphone 3 depending on what I kisten through. I have found no way of pre-loading an eq  preset for manual tweaking - which is a pity as that would be a really useful thing to be able to do.

Jan 3, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #1,838 of 2,974
For me it depends on the recording and or style of music being played. Headphone 3 is awesome but on certain recordings the bass is too deep. Also depending on the iem Im using. BBE and BBE Viva.

Jan 3, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #1,839 of 2,974
For me it depends on the recording and or style of music being played. Headphone 3 is awesome but on certain recordings the bass is too deep. Also depending on the iem Im using. BBE and BBE Viva.

I sold my FiiO but keep my Cowon. JetEffects and Mach3Bass and the presets are too good to walk away from. It stays in the stable. Sold the other DAP's

Jan 3, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #1,840 of 2,974
 I sold my FiiO but keep my Cowon. JetEffects and Mach3Bass and the presets are too good to walk away from. It stays in the stable. Sold the other DAP's
Which Cowon you have ?

Jan 3, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #1,842 of 2,974
 I have an iAudio10 which was paired with the e12 and me and cb3723 copied each others settings with identical cans and started the bass thread and YT channel.
We mostly went flat eq with BBE +9 m3B+8

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #1,843 of 2,974
Ive had the Plenue for around 3 months and it has started to show its faults already.

On more than 1 occassion it has decided to stop being recognised by my computer and laptop. So wont commit to charging.

Another pain is that you cannot plug this into a smartphone style charger and charge via plugpoint?

Then the screen goes to a "glitch" screen colour reminiscent of the days I used to own a 80's nintendo system.

So now I am thinking to exchange this bugger for the QPR1 questyle which has seemed to got a lot of praise? any thoughts

I did REALLY enjoy the sound of plenue.... Super Smooth Sound Signature.

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #1,845 of 2,974
Get it looked at by Cowon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back