Cowon Plenue P1
Nov 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #886 of 2,974
Thanks for responding. I just ordered an AK100 though, since I could get that cheap, none of the other players were available in my country, and the (previous)uncertainty surrounding playback during charging.

Also, because my J3 was acting up and I wanted to receive a new player before going on vacation in a few weeks.

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #887 of 2,974
Yes I have had my Cowon Plenue P1 for 4 days and have to say first my iBasso DX50 is now obsolete.

Now to the review, tested with ciem's Unique Melody Miracles and Minerva Pro silicones. Over ear I tested with AKG 545's and my old trusty Sony MDR-V7's. Firstly if you are used to Cowon products then the menus are very easy to follow (I loved my Cowon J3 when it came out and still plays 16 Bit flac and bluetooths to my amp). If you are new to cowon then there is a bit of a learning curve. Settings only appear when actually playing a album.

Sound: I would say warm (I have left on normal setting) Typical cowon sound but clear, spacious and almost vinyl sounding. There are a plethora of sound settings a la cowon but I do not need them. There are no gain settings but you can switch between iem and headphone (kind of like a gain switch but software driven and works very well) I have listened to Folk, Progressive Rock, Jazz, Metal and I cannot fault this dap in the least

Design: A beautiful metal block with a power button on top and volume, pause/play and skip forward-back all which can be done on the touch screen (which is a joy to behold) The free case that comes with it is a brown leather that fits very well. The 3.5 mm headphone jack also doubles up as an optical out ( which I have tried via a Cambridge Audio Dac100 to a Roksan Kandy K2 to Roth Audio OLi  RA4 Floorstanders, absolutely outstanding! )

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #888 of 2,974
I could not plug in my best interconnect due to the case but I suppose I could cut it a bit to suit. I certainly do not need to remove cover to charge or plug in to PC

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #893 of 2,974
Interested in your impressions... I think I'd enjoy this DAP with all of its eq/dsp settings.

Do you think to buy it? 240 will be jealous of it. 
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #895 of 2,974
Nov 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #897 of 2,974
Nov 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #899 of 2,974

Users who are viewing this thread

Back