Cowon Plenue P1
Mar 24, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #91 of 2,974

The last thing we need is for Cowon to rush another player out!  Please no, for the love of God. Take your time Cowon and perfect it prior to release.
biggrin.gif

I don't say rush the player out. I am saying, they should give the MSRP so we know the price, so we can make plans.

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #92 of 2,974

I don't say rush the player out. I am saying, they should give the MSRP so we know the price, so we can make plans.

Yes I know, the price is usually decided at the end due to them putting a kit of parts together comprising of the player itself and cables and so on. Then allowing themselves a decent profit without hopefully getting greedy and what the market will bare.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #93 of 2,974
I hope the price will be reasonable. I don't have a reason to spend $$$ when newer models are coming out every year now. I'm willing to deviate from major companies and check 'newer' offerings.

Will this be android or running it's own UI. Another thing I didn't like the Z2 was it's limited android usage & lack of play store support.

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #94 of 2,974
Unless I'm completely wrong about this, I just don't see Cowon pricing this thing anywhere near $1,000. That would be a huge leap in their product line. There's not really a precedent for that type of move from them, especially since they're using the exact same marketing materials they usually use for new products.

I'm guessing this will be priced much closer to the halfway mark, but what do I know?

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #95 of 2,974
  Unless I'm completely wrong about this, I just don't see Cowon pricing this thing anywhere near $1,000. That would be a huge leap in their product line. There's not really a precedent for that type of move from them, especially since they're using the exact same marketing materials they usually use for new products.

I'm guessing this will be priced much closer to the halfway mark, but what do I know?

As someone that is completely speculating, and doesn't follow Cowon all that closely, I agree.

I feel like when iRiver did the big upmarket jump with Astell&Kern they basically pretended there was no relation. 

HiFiMan sold expensive first, Sony charges a lot for a lot of things they make, and that covers most of the expensive stuff, other than the DX100, but that came to market when there was very little competition. 

I just don't see Cowon selling this thing for ZX1 money. If I had to guess, I would say X5 price. Maybe a $100 premium because it's an Android device, which will require a little more horsepower on the processing end. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #96 of 2,974
Is this deffo an Android device?
I'm a little wary if so, as their non-Android DAP's seem to have MUCH better battery life.
Don't get me wrong, I like Android as an OS, but I like battery life better.

I still love my D2 which I've had for a LONG time, and the (original) battery is still going strong.
I had pretty much decided to get the DX50 until I read about this player, but the capacity, form factor (and some brand loyalty thanks to the D2) have prompted me to re-engage the safety on my wallet until price and verdicts are in.

I too am hoping for something affordable, which for me means an absolute max of around $400, but somewhere around DX50 money would be much preferable.

Fingers crossed for this (and stellar SQ too of course :)

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #97 of 2,974
I think that cowon isn't new as the other so called audiophiles companies so I hope they have the knw how for doing a great product at a reasonable price.
Of course, I might pay something more because it's a cowon, I know them and I trust in them, but if they will sell it to the X5 price, then in this market only Cowon will survive (128gb internal memory just to say the first thing that comes to my mind!)
Furthermore, I like the way that cowon is taking, for example with the new e3 player: a so small and cheap stuff for running.
So they are building a new line of products to cover the different needs of the users.

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #99 of 2,974
Android OS を搭載する可能性 -- translates to "possibility of Android implementation."

At the bottom there's a link to http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featured/cowon-p1-audio-player-shows-up-online-a-new-android-audio-player-with-128gb-of-storage/​, and turns out it's pretty much a translation of what was written there. So not necessarily Android.

As for me I wouldn't mind a non-Android OS. Personally I really liked the way the iAudio 10 UI looked, and since I don't use streaming services, I'm not worried about UI. I would like to see some power in the amp section though, which is something that seems to be low on the priority list for Cowon.

Mar 27, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #100 of 2,974

As someone that is completely speculating, and doesn't follow Cowon all that closely, I agree.

I feel like when iRiver did the big upmarket jump with Astell&Kern they basically pretended there was no relation.

HiFiMan sold expensive first, Sony charges a lot for a lot of things they make, and that covers most of the expensive stuff, other than the DX100, but that came to market when there was very little competition.

I just don't see Cowon selling this thing for ZX1 money. If I had to guess, I would say X5 price. Maybe a $100 premium because it's an Android device, which will require a little more horsepower on the processing end.

..........and don't forget 128GB of space.
My guess $650-750.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #102 of 2,974
Yes in the end it's all speculation on everybody's part. For all we know this could be an elaborate joke been played out as Cowon has not confirmed it as a new addition.
On the ad shown they mention JetEffects 7, what happened to version 6? Mistake on the hoaxers maybe?

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #103 of 2,974
  Yes in the end it's all speculation on everybody's part. For all we know this could be an elaborate joke been played out as Cowon has not confirmed it as a new addition.
On the ad shown they mention JetEffects 7, what happened to version 6? Mistake on the hoaxers maybe?

Maybe they just jump to 7 directly.. Let's hope they know what they are doing.. I am usually not fond of JetEffect and other EQ like things, I prefer flat.. So hopefully they will price it correctly and make it sound nice and problem free UI, we might have a nice high end dap rival here.

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #104 of 2,974

Cowon uses odd numbers for JetEffects iterations. 3, 5, 7, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back