Cowon Plenue P1
Apr 22, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #2,956 of 2,974
Has anyone tried replacing the battery? Mine is still going strong, but I like this player so much I am thinking of how to prolong its lifespan. I live in Korea and Cowon themselves seem to be non responsive and out of the DAP game entirely, though it is unclear yet why and if they will return.
Easier option would be to simply attach/strap on a portable charger.

Apr 22, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #2,957 of 2,974
Easier option would be to simply attach/strap on a portable charger.
I actually have a problem with mine. When I charge it and use it at the same, there is an audible buzzing sound through my headphones which annoys the hell out of me. It is such a good player but I hardly use it. I wanted to change the battery to see if that helps.

Apr 26, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #2,958 of 2,974
Has anyone tried replacing the battery? Mine is still going strong, but I like this player so much I am thinking of how to prolong its lifespan. I live in Korea and Cowon themselves seem to be non responsive and out of the DAP game entirely, though it is unclear yet why and if they will return.
Yes , I replaced 2 if them in Hong Kong.

Apr 28, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #2,959 of 2,974
Yes , I replaced 2 if them in Hong Kong.
Thanks, I live in Korea so I might contact Cowon directly, as their website is still running despite the rumours that they have shut down. Most of the daps they are selling are marked as sold out, so I suspect they may at least be out of the DAP game for now. The D3 was their last DAP.

Apr 28, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #2,960 of 2,974
Let us know if you have any joy with contacting them.

May 3, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #2,963 of 2,974
They finally got back to me, basically said it is an ancient product and no longer supported. Figures.

Can anyone suggest a battery that can be put in? I wonder if a larger battery could be used...
I had 2 cowons battery replaced. Took 15 mins.

May 3, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #2,965 of 2,974
I actually have a problem with mine. When I charge it and use it at the same, there is an audible buzzing sound through my headphones which annoys the hell out of me. It is such a good player but I hardly use it. I wanted to change the battery to see if that helps.

Just confirming u traced the buzzing specifically to the Plenue 1? It's not a bad connector? It is a small hole but maybe shine a light and confirm connector assembly intact. I have a plenue L...the 1st one fell and cracked out a piece of the jack. P1 however appears a sturdier assembly. Cheers

May 4, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #2,966 of 2,974
They finally got back to me, basically said it is an ancient product and no longer supported. Figures.

Can anyone suggest a battery that can be put in? I wonder if a larger battery could be used...

Please can you let me know which email address you contacted them by? I've been trying to contact them for over a year regarding my P2 via several email addresses and contact forms on there website with zero replies.

May 4, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #2,967 of 2,974
Cowon may no longer be a going concern ... or they had to seriously curtail and redirect the business. My research online shows that Covid basically tanked the company into something like the South Korean version of receivership. No new DAPs in years! Anyone with more info....greatly appreciated. A darn shame for a company with great products and price points.

May 4, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #2,969 of 2,974
Please can you let me know which email address you contacted them by? I've been trying to contact them for over a year regarding my P2 via several email addresses and contact forms on there website with zero replies.
I am in South Korea so I used there contact info from their website, which was this email: cs@cowon.com

Use google translate into Korea, it works alright.

May 4, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #2,970 of 2,974
Cowon may no longer be a going concern ... or they had to seriously curtail and redirect the business. My research online shows that Covid basically tanked the company into something like the South Korean version of receivership. No new DAPs in years! Anyone with more info....greatly appreciated. A darn shame for a company with great products and price points.
You are right, and if you check out their website for Korea all daps are labelled as sold out other than a few, the D3 was their last attempt in 2019 I think.

When I get a chance I am going to try and take my P1 apart and see what kind of battery it took. Hard to believe the unit is 8 years old at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back