Cowon Plenue P1
Nov 25, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #2,821 of 2,974
I am a fan of a single driver IEM, do not really like TOTL but there some I really interested in: inear prophile 8 and s-em6 v2 - they are more reference and less colored than other totl

Nov 25, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #2,822 of 2,974
I am a fan of a single driver IEM, do not really like TOTL but there some I really interested in: inear prophile 8 and s-em6 v2 - they are more reference and less colored than other totl
Ditto. My main iem is the AK T8ie mkii, which is a single dynamic driver. I've also enjoyed some Final Audio Heaven vii single ba with it as well.(though i'd be remiss if i didnt say it plays well with a K10 and a K3003 :wink:

Regards,

Giles

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #2,825 of 2,974
Edit: Anyone attempt to drive the Mee Pinnacle P1 with the Plenue 1? I see it's rated output is 2Vrms which *should* be enough power; with the Pinnacle this should mean 80mW, or 115dB at max volume so I know it'll go beyond normal listening levels. I mostly wanted to hear any real world listening results to gauge more subjective pairing impressions between their signatures together. Currently I'm using a DX50 with Rockbox on high gain which I believe is around 3.1Vrms (yielding roughly 180mW) and the volume needs to be set rather high but there is overhead. Medium gain is lower at 1.7Vrms, 60mW and it does drive them, but nearing max volume. I'm expecting the Plenue 1 to be voiced much more in line with what I like though vs the DX50 so I'm leaning towards one now that it's in my price range, I've wanted one since release. Since I've taken quite a liking to the Pinnacle, I hope they go well together until my next IEM.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #2,827 of 2,974
Pairing with the new Etymotic ER3SE - just perfect combination!

DSC_0185.jpg

Dec 10, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #2,828 of 2,974
Good day gentlemen, I have a P1 on the way in, still using my J3, had it since first came out, great little device. Can you tell me if any of the Cowon players have streaming capability? Wanted to use with headphones, but the capability to stream from amazon prime would be a nice feature. Wanted something besides headphone amp, pc dac chain. Thanks

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #2,829 of 2,974
Good day gentlemen, I have a P1 on the way in, still using my J3, had it since first came out, great little device. Can you tell me if any of the Cowon players have streaming capability? Wanted to use with headphones, but the capability to stream from amazon prime would be a nice feature. Wanted something besides headphone amp, pc dac chain. Thanks

I'm afraid for the Plenue series you're out of luck for streaming , in fact only the Plenue R has Bluetooth. For that functionality I'd look at either the Fiio or iBasso players.

regards,

Giles

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #2,830 of 2,974
Thank thank you for your reply, that is what I thought. I checked on Amazon a little while ago and it looks like the plan new M2 can play Amazon Prime so I'll have to check that way. I really like the Cowon sound and would like to stay with that. Thank you for your reply

Dec 11, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #2,831 of 2,974
You can always use the P1 as a usb DAC and stream Tidal from PC if you want.

Not necessarily to buy Chinese. Look at Onkyo/Pioneer, especially the small ones which can stream MQA today.

Dec 11, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #2,832 of 2,974
Thank you, but I was looking for a device that would stir Glee be portable, to use with headphones or IEM, so that I did not have to fire up the PC and go through that whole routine saves energy and also time and effort. I have a s c h i i t Gumby multi-bit DAC so would not need the P1 for something like that, that is in the chain right now streaming from PC to the DAC to a headphone amplifier and then the phones. Thought it would be nice to just be able to grab the P1 or something else with a great set of phones and just listen to the music without getting involved with everything else. I'll have to check that whole streaming thing out I just started doing that so we shall see. Thank you for your interest in your help

Dec 11, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #2,833 of 2,974
Pairing with the new Etymotic ER3SE - just perfect combination!

You inspired me to dig out my old ER4s. Don't think i've used then since I got the P1.

They were my first serious headfi purchase along with a Colorfly C4 a few years back. In true headfi style I haved moved onwards.

The C4 didn't have EQ as such, just a few presets, so never really got to hear what the ER4s are fully capable of. I am surprised at how well they respond to the P1's eq and jeteffect. They are a lot more capable than I expected at cranking out some fairly decent bass.

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #2,834 of 2,974
Are you sure that the P1 can drive ER4S? Looking forward to your feedback in case you pair them.
By the way, the ER3SE is 20 ohm only. Did not you think about the ER4SR?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #2,835 of 2,974
You inspired me to dig out my old ER4s. Don't think i've used then since I got the P1.

They were my first serious headfi purchase along with a Colorfly C4 a few years back. In true headfi style I haved moved onwards.

The C4 didn't have EQ as such, just a few presets, so never really got to hear what the ER4s are fully capable of. I am surprised at how well they respond to the P1's eq and jeteffect. They are a lot more capable than I expected at cranking out some fairly decent bass.

I will throw in a second for the P1 with Etymotics. Good across the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back