Cowon PLENUE M2 (Current Firmware and Manual Links in 1st post)
Nov 21, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #121 of 545
Gmarket. Warning though, I ended up paying the original higher shipping cost, then when they refunded me they put money as a "smile cash" in to my Gmarket account, rather then refunding my PayPal account. Even Paypal did not found that to be a breach, although Gmarket's own terms and conditions state otherwise. So, be careful if you buying from outside Korea, otherwise if you ended up in need for a refund bastards will keep your money for ransom.
Case is genuine Cowon and is utterly gorgeous though.

Thanks, ordered.

What a great DAP this little fellow is. Think it may stop me upgrading for a good long while although I do now fancy the Plenue S!!

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #123 of 545
Incredibly this DAP powers my T1 V2s perfectly well. Having had a Fiio x5ii, QP1R, Cayin I5, NW ZX2, I genuinely think this is the best of the bunch. It's no frills but the SQ, build quality, ease of use are second to none. I urge my fellow head fiers to seek it out for an audition. Oh and its a great source for anything which accepts optical.

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #124 of 545
I am a little curious, you see I am planning on buying this for having the purpose of mobility and as a stand alone DAP, my main concern is, since this can be used as DAC for pc, can this also be connected to an ipad through the CCK like the mojo and out put the sound of the ipad through it? I've been thinking about this scenario where I'm at closed space(like on a airplane) and I wanna watch a movie through the ipad and use this guy as an output for my earphones.   

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #126 of 545
How many own a Plenue M2 today? there should be more post about M2, the player look amazing, i think about getting one
Does anyone have a youtube video of M2 i want to see it in action unfortunaly there is no physical store to try it out where i live so can only rely on videos.
only see M1 on youtube

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #127 of 545
How many own a Plenue M2 today? there should be more post about M2, the player look amazing, i think about getting one
Does anyone have a youtube video of M2 i want to see it in action unfortunaly there is no physical store to try it out where i live so can only rely on videos.
only see M1 on youtube

The good:
-Epic sound quality
-Lightning fast UI
-easy to use UI
-powerful amp
-optical out
-big memory with 200gb sd card

The bad:
-larger than the original M
-poor battery life (seriously, why make it larger and not upgrade the battery?)
-headphone jack at bottom of player
-hard to get accessories

All in all, an amazing player. Bettery than the ak240, qp 1r, paw gold, fiio x7 x5 x3 x1. I take a portable batter pack with me to increase battery life. A nice case that has built in battery and gives a top mounted jack socket would make it almost perfect.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #128 of 545
The good:
-Epic sound quality
-Lightning fast UI
-easy to use UI
-powerful amp
-optical out

The bad:
-hard to get accessories

All in all, an amazing player. Bettery than the ak240, qp 1r, paw gold, fiio x7 x5 x3 x1. I take a portable batter pack with me to increase battery life. A nice case that has built in battery and gives a top mounted jack socket would make it almost perfect.

Is it seriously only about 8 hours on battery life?  That's a little short for me.  10-12 would have been better but still not great.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #129 of 545

The good:
-Epic sound quality
-Lightning fast UI
-easy to use UI
-powerful amp
-optical out

The bad:
-hard to get accessories

Is it seriously only about 8 hours on battery life?  That's a little short for me.  10-12 would have been better but still not great.

From my review:

For the battery test, I connected my cheap Superlux HD681 headphones to the headphone output and set the volume to 75 at low gain. Then I played circa 70% CD format (16 bit/44.1 kHz) and 30% 24 bit Hi-Res FLAC files. Occasionally, I unlocked the screen and navigated through the menus.
With this test method, the battery lasted pretty exactly 8 hours and 45 minutes.

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #130 of 545
i do not know is the plenue supposed to be better than plenue p1

on amazon the price for plenue m2 is higher than plenue p1

what is the difference between the m2 and p1

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #131 of 545
i do not know is the plenue supposed to be better than plenue p1

on amazon the price for plenue m2 is higher than plenue p1

what is the difference between the m2 and p1
new internal amp. Also other newer inprovements.

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #132 of 545
Dec 15, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #133 of 545
Dec 15, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #134 of 545
Dec 16, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #135 of 545
I took my friend to buy a cowon plenue m2 and i ended up buying one for myself.
So i am joining this nice thread. Also i bought fiio a5 amp and they fit exatcly the same size as if theu were made for each other

We tired all cowon s, p1 and m2 and they all sounded the same to us

So we settled for the plenue m2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back