Cowon PLENUE M2 (Current Firmware and Manual Links in 1st post)
Dec 20, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #153 of 545
  I use iBasso it03 usually at 50-60 low gain

I use iBasso it03 usually at 50-60 low gain

and on high gain, can u give me an example of a song that u listen and at what volume, u and i have the same set up ibasso it03 and m2 which sounds amazing together

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #154 of 545
sometimes I like it louder , for example Rag'nBone Man -Human
on it03 I dont turn on high gain, I also have Beoplay H6 and then high gain at 60-70 but of course it depends on the mood but I'm trying not to listen too loud and I play a lot with EQ 

Dec 21, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #155 of 545
on it03 I dont turn on high gain, I also have Beoplay H6 and then high gain at 60-70 but of course it depends on the mood but I'm trying not to listen too loud and I play a lot with EQ 

i am adjusting to listen now on from 45-55 on high gain, and to do this i first listen the first 5 minutes on low gain at 50 then i engage high gain between 45-55 before i was listening at around 60 high gain

so i listened to human and with that song my volume would be 45 on high gain, and its how i like the volume to be

i guess in the end it all depends on the mastering, for example some albums i have sound awful at 45 high gain and very low in volume, while for example the song human sounds great at 45 on high gain. For example the song Hello by Adele at 50 on low gain ( i know cheesy ) sounds awfully low at 50 on low gain, to me it sounds as its at 30 and is totally not enjoyable at 50 on low gain. Maybe you can try it and tell me how you would listen to that song and what volume

maybe @twister6 can you chime in and tell us at what volumes you listen to and with which iems, lets take for example hello by adele

on another note its pretty sad that there is no precense of cowon what so ever on head-fi that we can interact with 

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #156 of 545
You are right, lots of albums are mastered differently, old ones are recorded at lover volume , modern recordings have increased loudness.
When you have a chance check  Kate Bush - "Running up That Hill" or any Mike Oldfield old songs like "To France" .
personally I prefer lower volume recodings, they are more detailed. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #157 of 545
  You are right, lots of albums are mastered differently, old ones are recorded at lover volume , modern recordings have increased loudness.
When you have a chance check  Kate Bush - "Running up That Hill" or any Mike Oldfield old songs like "To France" .
personally I prefer lower volume recodings, they are more detailed. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

well the song hello is new can u test it and report back

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #158 of 545
I know that song very well :) so we have same player and use same IEM, I turned the player to "normal mode, no EQ, 16bit Flac Hello sounds good to me at 30-35 high gain and at low low gain 40-50 . I also have 24bit Flac of Adele and its noticable less louder than 16 bit FLAC

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #159 of 545

i am adjusting to listen now on from 45-55 on high gain, and to do this i first listen the first 5 minutes on low gain at 50 then i engage high gain between 45-55 before i was listening at around 60 high gain

so i listened to human and with that song my volume would be 45 on high gain, and its how i like the volume to be

i guess in the end it all depends on the mastering, for example some albums i have sound awful at 45 high gain and very low in volume, while for example the song human sounds great at 45 on high gain. For example the song Hello by Adele at 50 on low gain ( i know cheesy ) sounds awfully low at 50 on low gain, to me it sounds as its at 30 and is totally not enjoyable at 50 on low gain. Maybe you can try it and tell me how you would listen to that song and what volume

maybe @twister6 can you chime in and tell us at what volumes you listen to and with which iems, lets take for example hello by adele

on another note its pretty sad that there is no precense of cowon what so ever on head-fi that we can interact with 

Does it matter?
wink.gif
  The volume level will depend on a lot of things.  Sensitivity of earphones/headphones, type of earphones/headphones (in-ear monitors, earbuds, full size open vs closed), your personal hearing level/health, mastering of the tracks, types of the files (dsd requires extra gain, etc), other personal listening preferences...  Too many factors, too many variables...

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #160 of 545
you are right, so i guess you are listening at explosive levels that's why do not want to tell :wink:   ---- just kiddin

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #161 of 545
  that's not the first time I hear about the Cayin i5's lower frequencies distorting when boosted.
I wonder what Cayin has to say about that..
if it's hardware, or if it can be addressed via firmware update.

I have a Cayin i5 and I will test it when I think about it but I rarely EQ and I am not sure why you would boost the lower frequency in the i5.

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #163 of 545

Someone have this same problem?

Can you please let us know about the problem?  Is the micro USB connector misaligned or something else?

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #165 of 545

Can you please let us know about the problem?  Is the micro USB connector misaligned or something else?

The usb micro connector can't enter full on my plenue m2, if i move the cable in dac usb move i have a problem of sound on my listening.
The usb is  loose, is not the cable is my plenue.

So, I assume you tried it with a different usb cable and it's still the same?  Has it ever worked for you before, out of the box when you first got it?  Either way, sounds like you probably need to contact the seller to service it under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back