Cowon PLENUE M2 (Current Firmware and Manual Links in 1st post)
Mar 6, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #241 of 545
seems you had bad luck with Cowon. Hope you will have no problems with the DX200. Hope you made the right choice. Bye and enjoy your new dap.

I can test dx200 before, i  probably to buy the pm2 again haha. I need test dx200.
If i don't like, i'm back. P2 is much for me, on my country is  the same price of PS ( 2200 usd )

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #242 of 545

I can test dx200 before, i  probably to buy the pm2 again haha. I need test dx200.
If i don't like, i'm back. P2 is much for me, on my country is  the same price of PS ( 2200 usd )

Looking at the first users experience it looks like Ibasso had not learned the lesson not to use  customers as beta testers. I'd stay clear of DX200 and try FiiO X5III which is getting favourable reviews. But to be clear, for me - Cowon Plenue M2 quality, sound / price ratio is the best thing since sliced bread. Good luck  to your endeavor.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #243 of 545
Looking at the first users experience it looks like Ibasso had not learned the lesson not to use  customers as beta testers. I'd stay clear of DX200 and try FiiO X5III which is getting favourable reviews. But to be clear, for me - Cowon Plenue M2 quality, sound / price ratio is the best thing since sliced bread. Good luck in to your endeavor.
I love my P1 and PM. Both keepers. Im also greatly enhoying the X5III, great sound and veey easy to use on the go.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #244 of 545
  Looking at the first users experience it looks like Ibasso had not learned the lesson not to use  customers as beta testers. I'd stay clear of DX200 and try FiiO X5III which is getting favourable reviews. But to be clear, for me - Cowon Plenue M2 quality, sound / price ratio is the best thing since sliced bread. Good luck  to your endeavor.

I try the Fiio x5III but i really prefer my pm2, i think is much better.

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #246 of 545
can i ask since this has no line out what is best to do when connecting the cowon plenuse m2 to an amp, should i put the volume on m2 to highest and control volume on amp or vice versa

Hi Sound Eq,

Can you tell me how did you connect M2 to Fiio A5 (to which port on A5) using the optical out and what cables you used?

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #247 of 545
can i ask since this has no line out what is best to do when connecting the cowon plenuse m2 to an amp, should i put the volume on m2 to highest and control volume on amp or vice versa

Hi Sound Eq,

Can you tell me how did you connect M2 to Fiio A5 (to which port on A5) using the optical out and what cables you used?
Just Headphone out. Yes dont worry it sounds good.

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #248 of 545

Hi Sound Eq,

regular line out cable, 3.5mm to 3.5mm, but from my experience you do not turn the dap to full volume at low gain as advised , i keep my dap at 100 volume out of 120, I found at full volume something is wrong  and things get distrorted

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #249 of 545
Anyone know where I can buy a original leather cover for the Plenue M2???
AndewPL suggested two places, a few pages back, one was ebay which is sold, and the other is a Korean outfit called GMarket.
BEWARE, DO NOT BUY FROM GMARKET, IT IS A SCAM!!!!  
They just got me two days ago.
I ordered their Cowon original PM2 cover and paid for it by credit card, $50.  Was happy, that is $25 cheaper than the Dignis and looks to be better quality.  They processed my CC payment, got my money and then CANCELLED MY ORDER!!!!
Contacted them and they wanted lots of verifying information (I foolishly gave it to them, they said this was to protect me from customer identity theft!!!) but they could have gotten all that info from me WITHOUT CANCELLING MY ORDER!!!!
Now, no money and no cover on order!!!!
Anyone know a legit place to buy it?
Do I have to pay the $75 and get one that does not look as strong from Dignis?
Thanks, 
God Bless,
Wayne

#GMarketGlobal

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #250 of 545
Hello Wayne,

I bought case from this person on Ebay and it is the real deal and great service. It does ship from Korea and I used PayPal . 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cowon-Plenue-M2-PM2-Official-leather-case-/162430500354?hash=item25d19cbe02:g:kl8AAOSw32lYviYJ

I paid $58 on Feb. 1st .I would use PayPal for payment. 

Rick 

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #251 of 545
regular line out cable, 3.5mm to 3.5mm, but from my experience you do not turn the dap to full volume at low gain as advised , i keep my dap at 100 volume out of 120, I found at full volume something is wrong  and things get distrorted

So, you are not using the optical out? I mean on M2, you are not selecting optical out?

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #252 of 545

So, you are not using the optical out? I mean on M2, you are not selecting optical out?
Optical to feed an amp/dac. If just a amp then dont use oprtical.

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #253 of 545
Got my PM2 last month off of Amazon since it was 100$ less than the P1. This is the most I've ever spent on a DAP and kinda shocked that I hit the buy button. I was so impressed by the PD that I wanted to see for myself if it's worth the price difference. What's ironic is I'm using a 20$ iem with my 599$ and it sounds wonderful.

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #254 of 545
Got my PM2 last month off of Amazon since it was 100$ less than the P1. This is the most I've ever spent on a DAP and kinda shocked that I hit the buy button. I was so impressed by the PD that I wanted to see for myself if it's worth the price difference. What's ironic is I'm using a 20$ iem with my 599$ and it sounds wonderful.
Hope ypu will keep enhoying it.

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #255 of 545

wait for burn-in, the sound upgrade !
I think in firmware 1.02 sounds better than 1.03

Users who are viewing this thread

Back