Cowon PLENUE M2 (Current Firmware and Manual Links in 1st post)
Apr 3, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #272 of 545
  Thanks Soundtrap!!!
I am an audiophile so any  EQ is a no no for me, I must play my music pure and unadulterated!!!
HA HA
Sorry, Joking, I am a confessed Bass head, and my ears are not golden, so I guess I am not an audiophile after all.  My current setup with iBasso DX90 and EarTech Music Quad ciems is lacking in bass.  For my taste.  So I am looking forward to seeing what the P M2 does with bass and IF not satisfactory to me then I hope to play with the EQ to boost it.
Can anybody tell me what the first thing to try for increased bass?  Only bass.  I have mids and treble in spades.
Can't wait to get it.
Thanks and God Bless,
Wayne

Once you crank up low freq on EQ and Mach Bass you will be struggling to keep fillings in your teeth (if you have any - fillings I mean). I never heard any audio source that can dig so deep in the lower frequencies without distortion - it is scarry man. You can see I like this thing. Lol! I remember, about 10  years ago Dilinja ( one of the best Drum & Bass artists) could not find speaker system that can reproduce "enough" low bass, so he built one himself. I bet, he'd be more than pleased with PM2 as a ultimate low bass source.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #275 of 545
Can anybody compare Plenue M2 and Fiio X5 III, especially by SQ? I am deciding to buy either used M2 or new X5. I have ATH-MSR7 (35 Ohm/100dB/mW ) to pair with.
get both. The end.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #277 of 545
Thank you for super fast response. I dont prefere to buy both devices. That means in a worst case: ask for a bid for M2, buy M2, resell M2.
best ending you love both ! I love both but I have P1 and X5III.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #280 of 545

Thank you for super fast response. I dont prefere to buy both devices. That means in a worst case: ask for a bid for M2, buy M2, resell M2.

best ending you love both ! I love both but I have P1 and X5III.

I cant have both because a of money, of course. I heard that P1 and PM2 are close by SQ definition. Can I ask for comparison of X5 III and P1?

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #281 of 545

I cant have both because a of money, of course. I heard that P1 and PM2 are close by SQ definition. Can I ask for comparison of X5 III and P1?

Then go for PM2 - it is The King of the Jungle! I have both and I love FiiO but every time I use PM2 I want to cry from happiness I love the beast so much! FiiO still has quirks to iron out, with PM2 - she's sweet ride straight out of the box. Hallelujah!

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #282 of 545
  Then go for PM2 - it is The King of the Jungle! I have both and I love FiiO but every time I use PM2 I want to cry from happiness I love the beast so much! FiiO still has quirks to iron out, with PM2 - she's sweet ride straight out of the box. Hallelujah!

delete

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #283 of 545
here u go for iems i would go for pm2

for headphones i would go with fiio x5iii especially if u need an amp, and in my case almost all heapdhones need an amp no matter what specs say. 

The line out of cowon sucks and is not as clear as its not a real line out as in fiio x5iii, so for headphones as i said go with fiio x5iii if u use external amps

both as stand alone daps do not do full size headphones any good as both are more for iems than headphones

i have both as well

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #284 of 545
  here u go for iems i would go for pm2

for headphones i would go with fiio x5iii especially if u need an amp, and in my case almost all heapdhones need an amp no matter what specs say. 

The line out of cowon sucks and is not as clear as its not a real line out as in fiio x5iii, so for headphones as i said go with fiio x5iii if u use external amps

both as stand alone daps do not do full size headphones any good as both are more for iems than headphones

i have both as well

All of mine headphones are easily driven and sound splendid with PM2.  I almost never use IEMs. You must have a headphones with very high impedance?

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #285 of 545
All of mine headphones are easily driven and sound splendid with PM2.  I almost never use IEMs. You must have a headphones with very high impedance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back